Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

FL 1992 Lexus SC300 1JZ-GTE VVTI Auto swapped Tagged and legal

Old 10-14-13, 04:09 PM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Lexus SC300 1JZ-GTE VVTI Auto swapped Tagged and legal

It's a blast to drive - and Mod's - I'm going to have Kahn come in and vouch for me, sending him a PM now as we have had interactions and bought from each other etc...

I have 3 vehicles right now - and this was my "project" car. Some changes have come up and I have been daily driving the car for over 2 months now. I'm clearing house though. Big changes and the car has to go as well as my other two and I'm getting a 2014 Tacoma

So - Grip Industries Swapped 1JZ-GTE VVTI with fully working Auto, working everything except A/C.

12X,XXX miles on the shell, and from what I was told about 40k kilometers on the donor motor. Not a drop of oil leaked, and no issues except the rear end wanting to kick out and rubber being left more often than not.

The Good: The swap obviously, new body panels on the outside so only one dent and it's a small one in the back passenger side corner, and a big scratch in the spoiler on the drivers side.
New Rims - 18x9 in the front and 18x9.5 in the rear XXR's in the black chrome variety.
New BBK on the front in excellent condition - actually all the brakes are perfect.
New Toyos on the front with a stretch, Fairly new 265's on the rear that sit perfect in the wheel wells.
New - Well 4500 miles on them now Megan Race coilovers
New 4 Wheel Alignment
TRD Seats fabbed up and thrown in -
Lots of Extra Parts - LOTS 3 Differentials, shaft for R154, 3 door cards, interior pieces out the wazoo, extra Auto tranny possibly but it's for sale now, etc.
HKS SSQV
Big intercooler
Blitz Boost Controller - control everything from gain, boost, overboost etc.
Turbo Guage
AFC Neo - the better one - not sure
Meth kit in the car, not hooked up but would take a few minutes to get it hooked up.
3 inch turbo back to Megan Can - all done by Grip

The Bad:
She needs front bumper, body panel alignment, and paint. I have it good enough to be legal and was going to kit it and plasticoat it. The front half of the car is platicoated right now and has lines, but this is temporary. new panels underneath
A/C does not work - I have a dryer for it, and it needs a charge, one of the A/C controlers I have works - I just don't have it in right now it's in the parts pile that comes with the car
Too much Power - seriously - it overwhelms the tires easily - it currently has the 4.27's with Open diff right now, I just got a 4.08 and welded it but haven't put it in, and I have a 3.92 open diff I was going to put a LSD in...
Interior is bad, and stereo doesn't work. It had a working stereo but in the process of making it look better, I took it out and put the stock one back in, now it doesn't' work. I don't care, exhaust and BOV sound too good to quiet out.
Front rim got a curb mark, it's pretty deep on it, tires and rims had been mounted seriously 15 miles and didn't hit a curb, but a piece of the curb was broke off and in the road:/

i know it doesn't look like much - but it's SOOOOoooo close to being done. A quick body panel alignmetn and paint job and she's Good to GO. Interior pieces are there and everything can be repaired except one of the upper door surrounds, and it will need carpet I think, but you may be able to save it.

My time has been put on getting it together and getting it drivable, not much has been put into Fun factor. I would jump in the car and drive it to Cali right now - I have no doubt about it running great, I have put 3500 miles on it in the last few months.

$6500 with all extras.

321-Seven45-Seven489
Or PM me.

Look for vouch shortly.

Here are some engine shots, will update and get some more soon, and the tires and rims before I threw them on.

Last edited by Bahndrvr; 10-14-13 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Adding engine pics.
Old 10-14-13, 05:07 PM
Flygfsh
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Selling point is the engine.....and no photos?
Old 10-14-13, 05:27 PM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Good point" didn't even think of that lol will throw some up in a few!
Old 10-14-13, 06:08 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Vouching for bahndrvr. Trevor is a straight up guy. He bought the 4.083 diff from me that is included with this sale. I have seen the car in person several times and I can attest that it's a great runner, as well as having been worked on by Bob and Pete at Grip Industries.

Solid car.
Old 10-17-13, 07:59 AM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Bring offers, worst I can say is no. Would consider a trade for a TAcoma/4Runner/SUV as long as it's 4WD and has some form of 4Doors.
Old 10-17-13, 09:52 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

moving to the vehicle classifieds section.
Old 10-17-13, 01:03 PM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Sweet - Thanks actually didn't realize that till you stated that
Old 10-19-13, 11:49 AM
Bahndrvr
Driver

No love eh?
Old 10-20-13, 12:32 PM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Like I Said bring offers, 5800 obo
Old 10-23-13, 09:31 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Already....
Old 10-24-13, 11:24 AM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
Already....
Yeap, priorities - no need for 3 vehicles when I have 2 kids, am getting married, and going for another child soon!

Time to go to one and also start looking for a bigger house Saw your car the other day on Wickam, I was in my big red truck though, first time i have seen your car, sounded good man.
Old 10-25-13, 06:10 AM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Get her cheaper than on here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200979420187...84.m1558.l2649

If you want to make an offer - it's off the table till the auction is over. Also, found out the mileage is 195k on the body/frame.

Last edited by Bahndrvr; 10-25-13 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-26-13, 06:35 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Is that a zip tie holding your front light in place?

aint gonna happen man, price is way too high for the condition its in

fix it up first then sell it
Old 10-28-13, 05:45 AM
Bahndrvr
Driver

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Is that a zip tie holding your front light in place?

aint gonna happen man, price is way too high for the condition its in

fix it up first then sell it
In the engine shot yes, before it was put back together, and while I value your input, I know your wrong.

Not my first rodeo, and this is a car that is for a particular buyer, someone who values function over form. I have built over 20 cars/trucks in my day and around 10 motorcycles, I have also bought projects at various stages of builds. This is an "almost" done build. It is someone who got it ironed out except for looks, and has had some stuff come up.

IT is worth what I'm asking to the right buyer, it's a niche sell, if you don't understand that, and don't understand the difference between a 1JZ non VVTI and a 1JZ VVTI then you don't understand the feel of this car. I also know that the first person to drive it will buy it. I also know that I don't have to sell it - so if it takes 6 months for the proper buyer to come along, it takes 6 months. The cash from this will go to paying off bills and/or whatever I deem it to go to at that time. Rest assured it will go - and it will not go any less than what it is listed on Ebay for right now
Old 10-29-13, 08:38 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

fair enough

wasn't trying to be harsh I just know from experience, its hard to sell a car with various little issues.

Just sold a 93 sc400 with only 90 000miles, I couldn't find a buy for over a month due to little various issues, 02 sensors, no ac, no radio, leaking power steering.

In the end I had to bite the bullet and just fix it up , then I found a buyer much easier.

Anyways good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FL 1992 Lexus SC300 1JZ-GTE VVTI Auto swapped Tagged and legal