Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

GA FS 1992 sc300 NA-T 5speed 447WHP

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-12, 07:39 PM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS 1992 sc300 NA-T 5speed 447WHP - $6500 obo

Serious buyers please read the whole post.
For sale is a 1992 lexus sc300 NA-T, rare factory 5speed. I hate to part with the car but I rarely ever drive it, work on it, and get to enjoy it because of being so busy, plus I need to downsize a bit. Ill try to be as detailed as possible in my description, Im not looking to mislead anyone. The car is fairly heavily modded so this is definitely a car for someone who is into the car scene and knows they want a car like this. All mods, except for the wheels, were done within the past 2 years. The turbo and anything having to do with it has been installed for right under 1 year. With that being said there is less than 1000 miles on all of these modifications as I never drive the car so all of the parts are nearly brand new with no wear. The car is making 447whp at 16psi and was just dynoed and retuned in May of this year. I'm sure it could handle more power but I didn't want to push the limit with it. It has always been professionally tuned. Most of the work has been done by TurboDave and Mainstream Performance. The car was repainted a very dark blue metallic(almost black) at some point later in its life, I don't know when exactly because it was done by a previous owner, but it is not showing signs of fading, just regular small chips, scratches, and what not. The newer paint along with it being lowered on 18" wheels and a nice window tint looks very clean and sharp, always drawing compliments from people. Definitely looks newer than its age. The interior is in overall good shape for its age, much better than others I've seen, better than most modified SCs I see for sale. The passenger seat is starting to separate at the middle seam but there are no major rips or tears in the leather, just a little wear from its age. The car is obviously fast, from the few times I have driven it since having the turbo on it really pushes you back in your seat and gets the rear sideways. I know these posts always say this but this car has never been raced or anything like that, Ive had hardly any time to take the car out since having the turbo on, much less race it in any way. The AEM EMS it has is a fully programmable, standalone engine management system, giving you much more control over the engine management.

With the good comes the bad. Ill try to be complete in describing any imperfections. The bad is that the AC doesn't currently work; it worked when I got it but after the new aem ecu it doesn't. It needs a resistor wired in to the ecu to make it work. I have the resistor but I haven't gotten around to doing it. Also the car has a rebuilt title. It seems like at some point later in its life the car was hit on its front passenger side and the door and front quarter panel was replaced. I'm also assuming that this was the point at which the car was repainted. Visually and mechanically you could never tell it was in an accident, my main clue was that the key doesn't work in the passenger side door. The paint is starting to barely chip in some places around trim and there are some small dents due to its age but cant be noticed more that 10 feet away so nothing serious. As with most of Lexus cars of this time, the needles on the gauge cluster are burning out. I have 2 gauge clusters and the one thats in the car the needles light up fine but sometimes they're blotchy. Having 2 sets of clusters comes in handy if you ever want to get one fixed. Also the gauges in the car shows 174K miles while the other ones I have shows 204k miles, I'm not 100% sure which is the correct ones but Im assuming the 204k ones are as they were in the car. Either way they are definitely visible and function fine. The same is also starting to happen with the climate control lcd bleeding. I don't feel like the idle air control valve is fully working after the aem ecu was installed, I think it needs to be rewired to fully function, or it can be fully deleted if you wish. This mainly effects when the car is started you have to hold the throttle for a minute until warm enough to idle, also when slowing to a stop you have to throw it out of gear at around 1000rpm. This doesn't really effect driving that much. Lastly, and being the worse, the car is smoking a great deal from the exhaust. Its burning oil and I believe it's due to over oiling the turbo and not running an oil restrictor to the turbo, leading to the seals in the turbo to leak, Ive seen this happen before. Since it is just an ebay turbo you can either replace it with a quality one or try to put a restrictor in the line and it may subside. The car is fully drivable, it just smokes from the exhaust. There is no loss of power at all or any other signs so I don't believe its anything more serious. Like I said, I'm trying to be as straightforward as possible, some of the bad things listed arent really that bad, just covering all bases.

UPDATE: I have just had the seals replaced in my old turbo turbo so it is now in working condition and will be included with the car, unfortunately it will not be on the car. It is a driftmotion 67mm unit.

I also have an abundance of miscellaneous parts for this car that Ive manage to collect from pull-a-part cars and received some from the previous owner. Its mostly interior parts with some small engine parts, if youre interested I can email a comprehensive list to you. Id like to get rid of these parts along with the car as I will have no use for them after selling it, so please consider this as well with offers. Its always nice to have spare parts.

I'm asking $6500 obo cash. I will entertain any reasonable offers, so please keep that in mind, it doesnt hurt to throw out a number, Id like to get this sold. At that price there is a good bit of a discount considering what I've spent on parts and labor in the past 2 years as you will see from the detailed parts list below. I know the car is currently burning oil through the turbo so Im taking that into consideration with my price and offers as well. Please don't waste my time or come just for joyrides either, I only intend to show to serious buyers

Best way to contact me is to message on here.

Parts list is as follows:
AEM EMS stand alone ECU model 30-1100 for TT Supra
Toyota Supra twin turbo head gasket; lowers compression
ARP head studs
Gates Racing timing belt
Fluidamper harmonic balancer
T70 T4 turbo .70AR .68AR
T4 turbo blanket
50mm Tial style blow off valve
50mm HKS style wastegate
Blox manual boost controller
All stainless steel braided oil lines
Stainless steel T4 divided exhaust manifold
CX Racing 3" front mount intercooler 31"x12"x3"
GM 3 bar map sensor
AEM Air Inlet Temp sensor
Boost Logic NA-T intercooler piping kit
3" exhaust from the turbo back
Stainless steel 3" v band downpipe
High flow catalytic converter
Motoria 3" single exit exhaust (same a TRD GEN2 exhaust)
Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
550cc Mazda RX7 injectors, all flow tested before installation
Comp Clutch Stage4 6 puck sprung clutch; not heavy, grabs quick, rated at 500 ft lbs
AEM uego digital wideband and sensor
Prosport boost gauge with warning
Prosport oil pressure gauge with warning
All gauges are mounted on a color matched, A-pillar gauge pod
Megan Racing coilovers; fully adjustable with dampening settings
Daizen sway bar bushings
HP Racing Lightning 18" wheels, rear wheels are staggered, some curb rash
Michelin Pilot tires, 225/45/18 in front 245/45/18 in rear
Toyota 4runner distributor cap, helps with clearance
Chrome oil catch can
6000k HID headlights with led "city" lights
Legal limit window tint, I believe 34%
Cornering lights converted to "fog/driving" lights by the flip of a switch
Pioneer 6.5" speakers in rear, previous owner put off brand 6.5" in the front also
There may be more small odds and ends that I'm forgetting but I think that covers most of it

Misc. Maintenance parts:
Replaced rear trunk struts so trunk opens like new again
Replaced water pump when timing belt was done
New motor mount
New front right tie rod end
New passenger side window regulator
Belts and gaskets were replaced in the process of turboing the engine as well
Replaced AC hard lines
Duralast gold top battery

Last edited by nivek5sfe; 07-30-12 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-03-12, 07:51 AM
SCyaaj
Driver School Candidate

Any trades?
Old 07-04-12, 02:43 PM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

I hadn't really thought about any trades cause I was mainly looking for cash.
Old 07-15-12, 01:46 PM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

Price reduced to 6500 obo. I'm looking to sale so please contact if you're interested and have questions. Thanks

Last edited by nivek5sfe; 07-31-12 at 03:57 AM.
Old 07-26-12, 08:50 AM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

UPDATE: I have just had the seals replaced in my old turbo tubo so it is now in working condition and will be included with the car, unfortunately it will not be on the car. It is a driftmotion 67mm unit just bought in the spring of 2011, hardly any miles on it as well.
Old 08-04-12, 08:42 AM
SHOTZY
Driver School Candidate

Car is very clean. Good price too.
Old 08-05-12, 11:00 AM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a black on black 95 sc. Wanted to do the swap n never did it but I might be interested in your car
I have a 91 completely stock 300 zx tt. I would consider trading. Let me know.
Old 08-21-12, 12:08 AM
projectna
Driver School Candidate

would you be interested in a trade on a 92 cleaner sc300 all stock and i pay the difference
Old 09-03-12, 02:41 PM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

sold...
thread can be locked
Old 03-13-13, 02:26 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

did the motoria exhaust bolt right up? or modded it?