Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

NC FS: 2003 Millennium Silver Metallic GS430

Old 06-19-12, 11:35 AM
ntwrkguy1
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default FS: 2003 Millennium Silver Metallic GS430

Hi All,

I am in the process of acquiring a low-mileage '97 LS400, and due to the fact that my wife and I already have a spare car, I've decided that four cars would be one too many at the house. So after two blissful years of ownership, I have decided to sell my GS430.

This 430 has a very interesting color combination: Millennium Silver Metallic and light gray interior (I believe Lexus refers to it as "Ivory"). I searched for the better part of a year for a 430 that had every option, and this one does. It has navigation, Mark Levinson sound, rear spoiler, 17-inch seven spoke chrome alloy wheels, multi-disc changer, self-leveling HID lights, wood and leather-trim steering wheel, and even an integrated cellular phone (cradle and wiring is there -- phone, not shockingly, is missing).

The car is completely stock, with the only modification being an addition of a K&N air filter two years ago. I detail professionally on the weekends, and have been detailing for the better part of 25 years, so keeping a car really clean isn't too much of a challenge for me. It's garaged at night, but out with me during the day, and the paint is exceptionally clean. The leather is perfect, as is the carpet, headliner, and dashboard. The guy I bought it from was extremely fanatical, and kept it under a cover in his garage. The car comes with a new pair of factory Lexus front floormats to replace the originals whenever you tire of them.

The previous owner was around 55 when I acquired the car from him, and I'm in my late 40's. Neither one of us has run this car hard, and the condition reflects that. I had the 90k mile service performed at Rice Toyota in Greensboro, and everything that I have done to the car and most of what the previous owner did to the car has been logged over at www.lexus.com The car just passed emissions here in NC without a problem, and delivers the kind of consistent performance you would expect from a well-maintained Lexus.

I had the good fortune of consulting with Straight6 (Jay) from Club Lexus before I bought this car. He was extremely helpful with advice and info about 430s in general, and after I bought the car, he did the rear brakes and installed the Iridium plugs for me as well. EVERYTHING works as advertised on this car, from the navigation to the climate control to the multi-disc changer.

There are a couple of small things I would like to point out. First, there is about a 10-inch section of paint on the rear spoiler that is somehow fading. I've taken the car to a body shop, who said it was clear coat failure. Seems odd, given that the rest of the paint on the spoiler and on the car is really just about perfect. Next, there is a rock chip in the windshield (lower passenger side) that apparently had been filled in from the previous owner. I called a glass guy to the house, and he said that it had been previously repaired, and there was nothing further he could do to clean it up cosmetically. The chip has not expanded over the last two years, and the windshield is the original Lexus unit. I did my best to capture those two items in pictures, but neither showed up very well. There are a couple of road blemishes on the front bumper. The DVD for the nav was updated in 2007. Most of the places I've driven that presents no problems, but if you are in a new area, you probably would want to upgrade to the 2011 DVD.

I believe I still have the CarFax I ran in 2010 before I bought the car (it was clean). Car comes with two ignition keys, one valet key, and original owners manual. The title is clear and in my name.

I'm going to add some higher-res pictures this afternoon, but here is a link to about 40 pics:

http://mylexusgs430.shutterfly.com/pictures

Current Mileage: 136,322

Asking price: $11,000

A few random shots:

Last edited by ntwrkguy1; 07-09-12 at 06:48 PM. Reason: new pictures
Old 06-20-12, 11:28 AM
Straight6
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Free bump, I've personally seen and worked on this GS430, great color combo with the rare grey interior. Excellent condition. Whoever gets this will definitely not be disappointed. Too bad I already have one or else I would consider it. Good Luck David with the sale.
Old 06-21-12, 03:49 AM
ntwrkguy1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Straight6
Free bump, I've personally seen and worked on this GS430, great color combo with the rare grey interior. Excellent condition. Whoever gets this will definitely not be disappointed. Too bad I already have one or else I would consider it. Good Luck David with the sale.
Thanks Jay!

Quick update for those NC forum members that were asking -- I just did the emissions inspection last week on the car, and it's all set. Also had the alignment checked the same day, and it is right where it needs to be.
Old 06-23-12, 08:45 AM
ntwrkguy1
Pole Position

]I've had a few requests for shots of the underside of the car. I don't have access to a lift or ramps, but I did take about 10 pictures of the underside. The pics are at the last ones in the album on my shutterfly page. If you need to see any other views, pm me and I will take them today.

http://mylexusgs430.shutterfly.com/pictures
Old 06-26-12, 06:05 AM
ntwrkguy1
Pole Position

Bump......
Old 06-29-12, 04:13 AM
ntwrkguy1
Pole Position

Bump.......
Old 07-09-12, 06:49 PM
ntwrkguy1
Pole Position

Lowered the price.....but forgot to adjust the miles (which now stand at 137,171).
Old 08-20-12, 07:28 PM
ntwrkguy1
Pole Position

Bump........