Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

NY 2001 GS430, Mint, Navi, Black on Black Lots of extras.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-11, 11:34 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2001 GS430, Mint, Navi, Black on Black Lots of extras.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

2001 Lexus GS430.

131,xxx miles.

Black on Black

Fully Loaded

Lots of Extras

MINT car.

Call 917-922-9243

Asking $9700 - SOLD SOLD

CARFAX AVAILABLE. YOU DON'T NEED TO PAY FOR ONE. EMAIL ME, AND I WILL SEND.

Up for sale is my baby. The only reason for selling is due to my ever expanding family. I reached a point in my life where a sports sedan is no longer the way to travel. Sad to say, but I need a mini van, or an SUV of equal space. Very sad times indeed.

I am the second owner. I have had this car since 2004. I purchased it after a lady leased a new car at Lexus. This car was purchased at Lexus in PA. So I’ve had the car from quite a while. If you are ever going to buy a used car, a Lexus is the way to go. The reliability that these cars offer, is not matched by any other car.

This car has been garage kept. Does not see foul weather unless it really has to. Non-Smoker. Non-Eater (no eating in car). I am absolutely meticulous about my cars. Unfortunately the car spends more time in the garage than on the road. Due to current needs, I drive my F150 Crew Cab more than the Lexus. If the GS was bigger, I would not be selling it at all. It has treated me very well and without any issues.

ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING WORKS ON THIS CAR. NOT ONE ISSUE. ALL MAINTENANCE DONE, HAVE RECEIPTS FOR ALL. LOTS OF EXTRAS. GARAGE KEPT.

Things done to the car, and things that will be sold with the car.

1. Tinted windows. 20% all around. Look at the pictures, you can see the tint is very mild when looking through it with light, but offers a lot of privacy when looking in from the outside. Especially with the black interior. Rear tint is really expensive. For you not to have issues with the navigation, the rear tint is graphite. Double of what regular ting costs.

2. Compustar 2WSS Remote Pager Alarm. Please google that. This is a 2 way pager alarm. Black plastic, with leather protector. This will start the car from ¼ mile away no problem. This also lets you know if the shock sensors have been set off. Plus a whole lot of other features.

3. New generation 18” Lexus GS430 rims and tires. Tires have 90% tread. Again, you can see in pics. All season tires on this set of rims. (Included).

4. Original 17” rims with winter tires. These rims are much more scuffed up, but the tires are also at 90%. (Included).

5. TRD Carbon Grille, custom modified by me with Lexus Emblem, and mesh. I will include the original Grille.

6. Borla Stainless Steel Exhaust. Lifetime warrantee. I will include the original exhaust.

7. Billstein HD shocks.

8. Eibach / TRD springs. This gave the car a slightly lowered but much classier look. If you want, I have the original springs as well. I doubt any one will want them, especially if you drive a GS with the stock VS. one with TRD springs.

9. Daizen Poly Steering Rack bushings. Lexus suffers from severe steering slop. This is the fix.

10. Tom’s 6-link rear suspension upgrade. Please search google for a better description. This 6-link upgrade makes the rear as tight as a BMW 5 series. Even looks similar.

11. Front TRD sub frame brace. Under the car, and helps stiffen up the chassis.

12. Front, CarsonTuned Shock tower brace. Please note that this is very rare. Also note that the engine cover is still in place with this brace. You cannot get this with any other brace. Also helps stiffen up the chasis.

13. RMM front Carbon Light covers. Please note this is also very rare, and very expensive. This is not plastic. This is real carbon fiber, with a gloss clear coat for protection.

14. Ipad / Iphone integrated into the car. No retarded docs. A wire that is tucked between the driver seat. Take the wire out, connect to Iphone, and listen to music, charge it, etc etc. Place the phone wherever you want.

15. Lexus GS specific windshield sun shade. You can see it rolled up in one of the trunk pictures. (white)

16. Blitz, rear roof spoiler. Painted and installed by Munhen Auto.

17. Upgraded sub woofer. In stock location, because a box just takes up unnecessary space in the trunk. Custom AMP mount in trunk as well. Again, slick, and simple to conserve space.

18. I also have the Tom’s rear lower brace. It is not installed because it requires you to remove the factory control arm dust covers. I chose to keep factory parts over aftermarket. I will include this as well if the buyer wants it.

19. Brembo Rotors and Hawk HPS pads. Yes the pads are noisier than stock, but the added brake performance greatly improves brake feel and stopping distances. These have about 60% life remaining. They have been on the car for about a year. Which doesn’t mean anything because I drive about 100 miles every two months.

20. I am including a brand new set of Brembo Rotors, and Hawk Pads. Even though you can turn/cut the current rotors, I prefer to have multiple sets to save on down time.

21. Forgot the brand, but it was one of the nicest Grounding Kits made specifically for our car. Not some ghetto colored ****, but black, and you really can't notice it unless you look for it. I am sure there is a thread about it on the forums. I just can't find it.

22. Optima Red Tom Battery. It is about a year old. Autozone gave me a free replacement last year. First one turned out to be defective.

23. JDM (Toyota) window rain guards. Not the US auto store crap.

Maintenance / Repairs.

1. At 110K miles. I did the below things. All work done with Original Lexus parts, Work done my Lexus of NJ. Next maintenance schedule is in 80,000 miles. Yes, you have that much time before you have to even look at the parts below.

a. Timing Belt

b. Water Pump

c. Replaced all tensioners

d. Replaced all bearings

e. Replaced all Engine seals.

f. Changed coolant

g. Changed spark plugs

h. Changed Engine Mounts.

i. Transmission Mount

2. At 90K miles.

a. Control arms, with new bushings

b. Ball joints (I would recommend these get changed in about 20k – 30k miles as Clublexus Forums will state, that these last about 80k, they are fairly cheap and easy to replace $55 each. )

c. Tie Rods

3. Alignment has been done every season change (whenever I put on a different set of rims)

4. All door lock actuators have been replaced. Please search this, and you will find out that this is a wear item on these cars.

5. Navigation software has been updated via the 2009 Navigation DVD release.

6. Oil changed every 4.5k miles or 6 months. I was been every 6 months for about 2 years now. I do not drive it as much as I used to, since I started working in NYC. Now with the new baby. I barely drive it at all.

7. Transmission oil, drain and fill every other oil change. If you check the oil, it looks and smells new. Toyota Type IV ATF only.

8. Diff gear oil has been changed to Redline full synthetic about 5 years ago, and has been changed every year.

9. Replaced both Upper control arms two years ago. I forgot to note the mileage.

10. Replaced fuel pump filters (there are 2), last year. Again forgot to note mileage.

11. Cabin filters replaced regularly. About once a year.

12. Maf, PVC, Coolant temp sensor, engine filter, and other minor engine sensors replaced last year. I just forget which. There is probably a thread on it though. I had a problem where my cold air intake killed my MAF. So that came off, and a lot of sensors got replaced just for the heck of it.

There is so much more to list, but I really can only remember the big stuff.

Very Important. Car only hand washed. Detailed, and waxed by me. So never seen a brush to its paint. Do not freak out why it looks clean, because it does in real life. Never dirty.

Hood was repainted due to rock chips. Not hit or anything. But matches perfect, and you can't tell if you tried.

No check engine codes. Car does not burn, or leak any oil. Whatever you put in, is what you will pour out when you change the oil. This is a car you will get into, insert the key and just drive every single time for a long time to come. Of all the Lexus GS cars out there, this is the one that will put a smile on your face. It is a pleasure to drive, due to the improved chassis and suspension upgrades. Really brings this much closer to BMW 5 series feel, without the BMW maintenance issues.

KBB has the car in good condition at $9,550 in good condition. Excelent condition is over $10k.

I am going to keep it fair, and realize that even though in my eyes the car is perfect, it is still used. So with everything included above, I am asking $9,700. I will entertain serious offers only. I will not entertain joy rides at all. Please do not bother me with low ball offers. If you believe you can get this car cheaper somewhere else, please go ahead and buy that car.

Please see the pictures.

SOLD SOLD

Last edited by slickgt1; 12-05-11 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-26-11, 11:46 AM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

B on b. Amazing. Awsome fs thread.
Old 10-26-11, 01:22 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you.

Yea by the way, those pics are amazing. I took it with the iPhone 4. And I don't know why the leather looks shiny in the pics. I don't lube it up if you guys are wondering. When I condition it, i make sure to wipe it dry. Weird.
Old 10-26-11, 05:55 PM
e60
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice car, and even nicer price. this should go quick!
Old 10-26-11, 11:06 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't 01 430's come with woodgrain steering wheel?

And g'dam thats a CLEAN gs430
Old 10-27-11, 01:22 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

ahhh soo tempting it ain't even funny!
Old 10-27-11, 07:15 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

No not all GS430 came with woodgrain. I always wondered about this as well. But it turns out that it is the "sports wheel". I personally like it more. Somehow makes me feel less about driving a car meant for the "older crowd". Not trying to make fun of anyone with the wood wheel, it's just what I like.

Thanks everyone else for the comments.

Why is everyone telling me that the price is soo good? Should it be more? I figured KBB values. I mean there are a ton of extras, but no one ever pays for that. I just hope someone will be glad to have these extras in place and enjoy a seriously clean and maintained car.

I also hope I get a ClubLexus person. Some idiot showed up yesterday who looked like he was cocked out or something. Offered me $9500 on the spot. My friend and I looked at each other and decided that this is not the person that should get this car. He would have to pay me $12K to put his hands on that steering wheel.
Old 10-27-11, 07:17 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Lol, and yea the car must have spent maybe 5 nights outside over all the years. And only because I was either working on the garage, or some other car that couldn't make it out over night.
Old 10-27-11, 01:58 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Little update.

I just realized I should post this up too.

Have the original owners manual, and first aid kit. Have the light-flare as well. Not sure if it is still good, as I don't know any other way to test it, but to light it.

I also have the daizen sway buchings installed. And, I had Zerk fitting put in so that you can grease them without removing them. This is cool, I know, and you know.

The aribox has the K&N sticker. But there is no K&N filter. I came to the conclusion that the oiled up filter messed up my Maf. I had a CAI, I forgot the name, but the one with the computer that had to be wired in. I have a thread on it if you want to read up on that. So that intake, which had a K&N filter, destroyed my Maf. Intake went, and so did the filter. Only use Lexus OEM filters now.

Someone stole my L symbol from the TRD grill the other day. I went to Lowes, and only realized yesterday that it was missing. Effin bastards. The grille didn't come with it, and it was my personal touch.

NOTHING installed is irreversible. I didn't drill any retarded holes anywhere, I din't mess any part of the car up.

Also, since I am on the forums, you guys can search my name. I have been part of a ton maintenance, mostly about my car and how things were solved. You can see the history of it right here on the forums.

I really feel bad about wording everything like the car is super mint. But really it is. I don't want to sound cliche, like the usual seller saying you need to see it, and all that. But the truth is that you should. I really don't know of many that are as **** as I am about maintenance.
Old 10-27-11, 02:14 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Another update.

21. Forgot the brand, but it was one of the nicest Grounding Kits made specifically for our car. Not some ghetto colored ****, but black, and you really can't notice it unless you look for it. I am sure there is a thread about it on the forums. I just can't find it.

22. Optima Red Tom Battery. It is about a year old. Autozone gave me a free replacement last year. First one turned out to be defective.

23. JDM (Toyota) window rain guards. Not the US auto store crap.
Old 10-27-11, 05:10 PM
1996sc300
Rookie

Very nice car and awesome for sale thread.

And price is really good. GLWS
Old 10-27-11, 06:50 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you. I hope it is. Too bad it is small for me. I would keep it if I could.

Ok another update.

So two dudes came by to look at the car. For some reason they think the car is too expensive, but they are really liking it and actually very excited about the condition of the paint and interior. So they keep asking me, why does it look so good for a 10YO car. I'm like I guess because its garage kept and racks up highway miles only. Right. Ok so they went home to think about it.

I tell my wife the story, and she is like no. It's because it only hand washed. By me. Interior as well. I realize I should add that. They guys were asking me if I replaced seats, repainted it. NO.

So yea, FYI. Makes me mad happy. lol
Old 10-28-11, 12:25 AM
1GSLuVeR
Rookie

Originally Posted by slickgt1
Thank you. I hope it is. Too bad it is small for me. I would keep it if I could.

Ok another update.

So two dudes came by to look at the car. For some reason they think the car is too expensive, but they are really liking it and actually very excited about the condition of the paint and interior. So they keep asking me, why does it look so good for a 10YO car. I'm like I guess because its garage kept and racks up highway miles only. Right. Ok so they went home to think about it.

I tell my wife the story, and she is like no. It's because it only hand washed. By me. Interior as well. I realize I should add that. They guys were asking me if I replaced seats, repainted it. NO.

So yea, FYI. Makes me mad happy. lol
Beautiful car, the more i read around the GS Section the more i see your name pop up helping someone out or explaining how to do something. If those guys think 9500 is too much then they don't deserve the car. For the look and condition its worth a lot more. Hopefully it goes to a well deserved owner. Wish i had the money to buy it. Good Luck with your sale!
Old 10-28-11, 07:12 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you. Yea, I've had the car for a long time. And been here for just as long. I'd let it go for a bit less to a ClubLexus person, but that person must not be a deuche.

Oh and I am not parting the car out guys. Stop PMing me about that. You need to be nuts to take apart a perfectly good car.
Old 10-28-11, 08:25 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Ran the carfax today. Shoot me your email, and I will send it to you.

Quick Reply: NY 2001 GS430, Mint, Navi, Black on Black Lots of extras.