Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA *--2003 LS430 Vip--*

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-11, 03:27 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beautiful ride!
Old 08-22-11, 07:26 AM
socal3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Otterlex
Dear members and moderator:

Be advised that this seller is not a member to be trusted. Upon listing of this vehicle for sale, I contacted the owner, made an offer to purchase, the offer was accepted by the seller, and I further confirmed several times that we were in agreement on the sale of this vehicle as I had to notify other sellers that I had made a commitment to purchase this vehicle (I've now lost out on those vehicales as well.) The owner confirmed and the next step was discussed that he was to contact me with the bank instructions so that funds could be wired and transport arranged.

The owner has now refused to communicate despite numerous attempts, no doubt persuaded to accept a higher offer from another member regardless of our verbal contract (not the least to mention providing me with the opportunity to counter said offer, again, regardless of our agreement.)

It is my opinion that this forum was created to allow Lexus enthusiasts the opportunty to have a safe environment to share ideas as well as conduct business based on professionalism and mutual respect. This type of person should not be tolerated. Otherwise, we will be relegated to conducting transactions in a forum similar to Ebay Motors that will require an external moderator to prevent unacceptable business practices.

I would like to say I'm sorry to the monitors of this forum. My wife was a little nervious to ship the car across country since the person I talked to over the phone just joined the forum a few months ago and had no post. I did sell the car locally for the full asking amount to another Club lexus member (I only listed the car here and nowhere else). I still have two onther's in the family a SC430 and a LS460 and I do love this forum.
Sorry It took me so long to reply I had to go TDY with the aircraft I work with and my first born daughter is only 6 months old so time is not on my side
Old 08-22-11, 07:27 AM
socal3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Car is sold Lock it up and thanks!!!!
Old 08-22-11, 03:22 PM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Dear members and moderator:

Be advised that this seller is not a member to be trusted. Upon listing of this vehicle for sale, I contacted the owner, made an offer to purchase, the offer was accepted by the seller, and I further confirmed several times that we were in agreement on the sale of this vehicle as I had to notify other sellers that I had made a commitment to purchase this vehicle (I've now lost out on those vehicales as well.) The owner confirmed and the next step was discussed that he was to contact me with the bank instructions so that funds could be wired and transport arranged.

The owner has now refused to communicate despite numerous attempts, no doubt persuaded to accept a higher offer from another member regardless of our verbal contract (not the least to mention providing me with the opportunity to counter said offer, again, regardless of our agreement.)

It is my opinion that this forum was created to allow Lexus enthusiasts the opportunty to have a safe environment to share ideas as well as conduct business based on professionalism and mutual respect. This type of person should not be tolerated. Otherwise, we will be relegated to conducting transactions in a forum similar to Ebay Motors that will require an external moderator to prevent unacceptable business practices.
Sucks big time =/

I went ahead and made a move on a LS430 in Ohio. Clean as hell.

I figured as soon as I tried to talk to the seller and had no response......he was flaky

People who wanna sell their cars typically don't wait every 5 days to check email.....

Poor taste for the seller.
Old 08-22-11, 04:24 PM
Otterlex
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey SSX,

HA! I figured it was you who picked it up! Couldn't blame you if you did, it was a good looking LS, but you are right, regardless of the apology, the seller was flaky as I could have easily provided vouchers if he was concerned about me being a newbie. You happy with the LS?

I'm still looking, but another member sent a link to a 2004 that looks pretty good.
Old 08-25-11, 09:17 PM
VIP4U2H
Driver School Candidate

i wish i could find extra 10 grand laying around some where...GLWS always loved LS430's
Old 08-29-11, 04:14 PM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Hey SSX,

HA! I figured it was you who picked it up! Couldn't blame you if you did, it was a good looking LS, but you are right, regardless of the apology, the seller was flaky as I could have easily provided vouchers if he was concerned about me being a newbie. You happy with the LS?

I'm still looking, but another member sent a link to a 2004 that looks pretty good.
Otter. I did not buy the one OP was selling.

But I love this one I found in Ohio.

However, if you would like to buy it from me you're more than welcome to.

just email me soulsaver8229@gmail.comREMOVETHIS

I can drive it out to you!