Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA *--2003 LS430 Vip--*

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-11, 10:22 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if your so serious, whici you seem to be, it can easily be shipped or driven back.
Old 08-12-11, 10:41 AM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just spoke with a car shipper.

I will buy this car. Sent you a text message.

Hope we can deal!
Old 08-12-11, 10:42 AM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by L3XOTIC
if your so serious, whici you seem to be, it can easily be shipped or driven back.
Yep, gonna have it shipped. Just got a quote to my door step.

As long as OP communicates quickly with me he will have his car sold!

I am excited and hope I get the car, very plush and I have always been a fan of vip. And just all around clean cars.
Old 08-12-11, 01:13 PM
Otterlex
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The owner and I have already committed to the sale last night. I am wiring funds upon receipt of his bank instructions.
Old 08-12-11, 02:03 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Looks like otter beat you. good luck. beautiful LS
Old 08-12-11, 03:59 PM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by L3XOTIC
Looks like otter beat you. good luck. beautiful LS
Was worth a shot. Did not know shipping was that cheap.

ugh

to OP, if it falls through, I will take next in line.
Old 08-13-11, 06:09 AM
Otterlex
Driver School Candidate

Hey SSx,

Sorry about that (well, maybe not that sorry!) So far, the shipping quote I have gotten is $800 - $1200, but not enclosed as I would prefer. Did you find a better rate?
Old 08-13-11, 08:19 AM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Otterlex
Hey SSx,

Sorry about that (well, maybe not that sorry!) So far, the shipping quote I have gotten is $800 - $1200, but not enclosed as I would prefer. Did you find a better rate?
850-1k was my random quotes.....i found a broker that spamed my email and phone number to about 13 shippers haha

edited my last part, found a clean ls430 blk/blk with 90k miles in OH.....ugh....gonna drive it I think.

Last edited by SSxblazer; 08-13-11 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-13-11, 09:41 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Let me offer you guys some advise. I own a car dealership.

Do not go through a BROKER. Go through an ACTUAL company. Brokers take your info, put it in line and sell it as a lead basically. So the estimated time of pickup and delivery will turn out to be a horrifying experience. Find a reputable company and deal with them direct.
Old 08-13-11, 04:09 PM
Otterlex
Driver School Candidate

Thanks L3, any recommendations given you own a dealership and may know some folks?
Old 08-16-11, 04:09 PM
Otterlex
Driver School Candidate

Default Warning!

Dear members and moderator:

Be advised that this seller is not a member to be trusted. Upon listing of this vehicle for sale, I contacted the owner, made an offer to purchase, the offer was accepted by the seller, and I further confirmed several times that we were in agreement on the sale of this vehicle as I had to notify other sellers that I had made a commitment to purchase this vehicle (I've now lost out on those vehicales as well.) The owner confirmed and the next step was discussed that he was to contact me with the bank instructions so that funds could be wired and transport arranged.

The owner has now refused to communicate despite numerous attempts, no doubt persuaded to accept a higher offer from another member regardless of our verbal contract (not the least to mention providing me with the opportunity to counter said offer, again, regardless of our agreement.)

It is my opinion that this forum was created to allow Lexus enthusiasts the opportunty to have a safe environment to share ideas as well as conduct business based on professionalism and mutual respect. This type of person should not be tolerated. Otherwise, we will be relegated to conducting transactions in a forum similar to Ebay Motors that will require an external moderator to prevent unacceptable business practices.
Old 08-17-11, 04:38 PM
vietstuh
Pole Position

so.. did the seller get this thing sold? update?
Old 08-18-11, 03:27 PM
henry1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Otterlex
Dear members and moderator:

Be advised that this seller is not a member to be trusted. Upon listing of this vehicle for sale, I contacted the owner, made an offer to purchase, the offer was accepted by the seller, and I further confirmed several times that we were in agreement on the sale of this vehicle as I had to notify other sellers that I had made a commitment to purchase this vehicle (I've now lost out on those vehicales as well.) The owner confirmed and the next step was discussed that he was to contact me with the bank instructions so that funds could be wired and transport arranged.

The owner has now refused to communicate despite numerous attempts, no doubt persuaded to accept a higher offer from another member regardless of our verbal contract (not the least to mention providing me with the opportunity to counter said offer, again, regardless of our agreement.)

It is my opinion that this forum was created to allow Lexus enthusiasts the opportunty to have a safe environment to share ideas as well as conduct business based on professionalism and mutual respect. This type of person should not be tolerated. Otherwise, we will be relegated to conducting transactions in a forum similar to Ebay Motors that will require an external moderator to prevent unacceptable business practices.
eeek! sorry to hear
Old 08-18-11, 06:04 PM
Otterlex
Driver School Candidate

Henry1,

Thanks, I was disappointed as I loved the car, but more disappointed by the seller's lack of professionalism. I've held this forum in high regard as I have had very good experience dealing with the members and expected more. It's left me with a bad taste. In the future, I will be sure to ask for a voucher from other members who are held in higher regard. I'd still like to buy an LS 430 with tasteful mods!
Old 08-18-11, 08:48 PM
perry05g35
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Oh wow sorry for the bad experience. I purchased my GS400 from the forums in May & this is not the norm don't let one experience taint your expectations of the forums. This is the best site to find modified, well cared for Lexus vehicles.

Quick Reply: CA *--2003 LS430 Vip--*