Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

Wanted - a 250h Premium with tech package

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-11, 06:48 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted - a 250h Premium with tech package

I have been waiting for a new 250 Premium and have no idea if or when it will arrive. As a result of the delays, I would also be glad to have a low mileage certified used model, but so far I have yet to find one anywhere in the country.

I am looking for a new or certified used 250h premium car that must have the Tech Package and a black interior - I am less particular about the exterior color, but I like the black, dark blue, opal, and even red.

Problem is, I do not know anywhere that I can post 'looking for' a car - places to post for selling a car are plentiful - but not places to post that you are looking for a car. So I am posting it here. If this is the wrong place to post, please advise, and I will gladly delete or move it (if I can). If anyone knows of one, please let me know either by posting here or by private message, if you can do that on this forum. Hope I am not breaking any forum rules - I am glad the forum is here, and I do not want to cause a problem of any kind for anyone.
Old 07-01-11, 01:33 PM
JamesDemo
Rookie

Default Here you go

How bad do you want one. I have a loaded 5700 miles . Aurora White Pearl. Window tint-body side moldings-Clear shield-Mats-Hand painted stripe- Chrome Pillars. Wood trim . The car is MINT Let me know if you are serious and I will send all invoices and pictures .

Last edited by JamesDemo; 07-01-11 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-01-11, 02:09 PM
DDS62
Driver

I wanted a loaded HS also and was told that they were as rare as a pearl. They couldn't give me a date one would be available, or even when I would be able to place an order for one. I eventually took a test drive in a base model HS in October and was told the same. I waited until January and decided to go ahead and purchase an HS premium with the "B option" package (they only had two of those) with most everything except the tech package. As a result I was able to buy the car for $35,500 plus TT&L. The loaded HS would have cost about 45,500. I was glad to get he discount, but I would have gladly paid the full price.

I soon discovered that the ride in the HS premium is poor. You will feel every bump in the rode no matter how small - especially when the weather turns cold. Some owners simply don't care. My wife loves the car, she takes it every morning now. The Hyper-milers here seem to thrive on it also, putting as much as 50 psi pressure in the tires. For me, however, if I had understood the situation with the ride, I would not have chosen the HS. The demonstrator I drove had the 17" wheels with the extra 1" of rubber and most likely low pressure in the tires and maybe even (I suspect) fitted with some grand touring tires. I understand that the HS was supposed to be a compromise between economy and luxury, but to me this is car is not a luxury car, it is a pretty car. IMO you can't have a luxury car that rides like a GO-Cart. I have no basis for making the following statement, but I suspect that the reason the very expensive models are as rare as they are is because Lexus never envisioned the demand and intended the HS to be just above the Prius. IMO the HS should have been a part of the Toyota family, but was shifted to the Lexus brand because the dealerships were screaming for more entry level models like the SC

My point is or was before I got carried away - now in hinds sight I am glad I didn't buy the loaded HS.
Old 07-01-11, 04:15 PM
JamesDemo
Rookie

I love the car. Being a tech person it’s the best one yet for ease of use. It all depends what one wants. I have had all the top cars. The reason I would sell it because I will just buy another when they arrive.
Old 07-01-11, 07:00 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

Originally Posted by JamesDemo
How bad do you want one. I have a loaded 5700 miles . Aurora White Pearl. Window tint-body side moldings-Clear shield-Mats-Hand painted stripe- Chrome Pillars. Wood trim . The car is MINT Let me know if you are serious and I will send all invoices and pictures .
In response to the other poster, I have driven two of these and found the ride very comfortable to my taste.

JamesDemo, my interest is very sincere. However I really want a darker exterior, such as blue, opal, black, or even red, and I guess I would consider the silver. A black interior is as I indicated, very important to me as well.

I will have very limited internet access, if any, the next 10 days, but will gladly respond to questions etc. after that time (at the latest).
Old 07-09-11, 01:20 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When you get your internet back, try using "cars.com". It seems to work best for me. The number of available cars seems to increase weekly.

From using just a simple search with a random zip code in the Florida area, you have more choices than I do using a zip code search in the PA area.

Keep us posted on your search and order.
Old 07-10-11, 04:37 PM
acheparev
Driver

I'm trying to sell mine. But it doesn't have a the tech package and has a grey interior.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...000-miles.html
Old 07-11-11, 03:24 AM
wntrwhte
Rookie

I don't know what the tech package included on the 2010 but this car is one of dozens of dark HS250s available in my area:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

However, if the tech package is anything like the adaptive cruise on the IS250/350, the package is incredibly rare unless ordered that way from the factory.
Old 07-11-11, 07:19 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

I think you are correct about availability. I check GetAuto, Cars.com, and AutoTrader.com every day and only found one car listed in the past month that met my specs. When I contacted the dealer in Naperville, I was treated rather rudely as a potential out-of-state buyer, and the car apparently was sold soon after. If anyone stumbles on a certified used one in black or dark blue with black interior that has everything on it including tech package (I don't care about the sound system though), please let me know. I am still waiting on hearing about my request from my local dealer for a new one. He tells me he has heard nothing from Lexus.
Old 07-11-11, 09:35 PM
NexVision
Rookie

Originally Posted by RJQMAN
I think you are correct about availability. I check GetAuto, Cars.com, and AutoTrader.com every day and only found one car listed in the past month that met my specs. When I contacted the dealer in Naperville, I was treated rather rudely as a potential out-of-state buyer, and the car apparently was sold soon after. If anyone stumbles on a certified used one in black or dark blue with black interior that has everything on it including tech package (I don't care about the sound system though), please let me know. I am still waiting on hearing about my request from my local dealer for a new one. He tells me he has heard nothing from Lexus.
http://www.lexusofpembrokepines.com/...-FL/1153554253 its not black but has everything else. Also low miles.
Old 07-12-11, 05:48 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

Originally Posted by NexVision
http://www.lexusofpembrokepines.com/...-FL/1153554253 its not black but has everything else. Also low miles.
Thanks for the reference, but it does not appear to have the tech package. Appreciate it though.
Old 07-15-11, 10:36 AM
NexVision
Rookie

Originally Posted by RJQMAN
Thanks for the reference, but it does not appear to have the tech package. Appreciate it though.
It has the HUD and front camera and lane keep assist not sure but I think that means it has it.
Old 07-29-11, 07:36 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

Thanks for the help. I had a death in my immediate family and had to postpone my search for a while. I am back to looking, but since certified used ones appear to be selling for pretty close to the cost of new ones, I am wondering if there is any point in continuing to look. I am still waiting on my dealer to get a new one in - he is predicting another six weeks.