Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

TX 1997 SC300 - 2jz-gte swap, Factory five speed, tons more

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-10, 02:00 PM
stevenh766
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 SC300 - 2jz-gte swap, Factory five speed, tons more

SOLD

(Exterior shots are the previous owner's)

Engine bay as of now

I bought this car as a long term/toy project a little over a year ago and I am forced to sell it because I am relocating and simply can't bring it along with me. When I purchased the car it had a built up na-t setup that literally lasted me 25 miles before the car began experiencing rod knock. Rather than rebuild the na-t setup I decided I wanted to go the GTE route and start from scratch. The swap was performed by Dynosaur Performance which is located just north of Fort Worth, TX. This shop works very closely with Power House Racing and MVP Motorsports and anyone in the area will vouch that they do top quality work.

I have had this car on the dyno once and it made ~385whp/385wtq at a conservative ~16.5lbs of boost on 93 octane. As with any other BPU 2jz-gte, it will run deep into the 400whp range with race fuel and 20lbs of boost, however, I never ran it this way or pushed the turbos passed ~18lbs. I know that lots of people are concerned with the w58 at this power level, but it has held up very well for me and I have had ZERO issues with it. I always make a concious effort to be fully out of the throttle while reengaging the clutch which I think has been the key to keeping it shifting so smoothly.

1997 Black/Black 5speed SC300 - 1997 was the last year the SC300 was offered with a 5 speed manual and the first year that they updated the body style. Only 120 5-speeds were built with the updated body style so this car is somewhat rare.

~91,500 Miles
Clean title in hand
I have never registered the car in my name due to the Dallas emission *****. I simply went to the DMV and picked up a 30 day temp tag for $25 whenever I was planning on driving the car. I transferred the title over without registration so the title is in my name.

Engine:
Aristo 2jz-gte swapped with ~60k KM @ 90,300miles. Valve stem seals replaced when swapped.
USDM spec turbos, injectors, OBDI ecu
The car has had the permanant true twin conversion performed. All vacum lines / mess associated with the sequentials have been removed
Brand new 6speed GTE wiring harness
RMM Downpipe
Custom intake and intercooler piping
Fleabay FMIC
Turbo XS Manual boost controller (installed, but never used)
Apexi SAFC-II wired into a harness replica
Walbro fuel pump

Transmission:
RPS high performance clutch
JDM Aristo LSD & Pumpkin (3.77:1 ratio)

Wheels/Tire/ Suspension/Brakes:
Tein SS Coilovers
Advan T7 in dark silver 19x9 19x10 with Dunlop Direzza's. At least 90% tread remaining.
Supra TT Brakes and rotors on all four corners
I have two Rx7 16x8's without tires that I will include. Rear calipers have been shaved to clear these wheels.

Interior:
Sparco Torino 2’s, black cloth
Bride low rise seat rails and RO/MO rail adapters
AEM Wideband gauge
SRTI 30psi Boost gauge
2001 Celica GTS 3-spoke wheel & airbag (airbag is not currently wired in since I don't have an airbag light reset tool)
The rest of the interior is VERY clean and in great condition. Factory CD changer works perfectly.
A/C works, but needs a recharge

Exterior:
Full Wald kit with Molded side skirts
Black paint done at PJ bonifacio (2007, car was originally black as well)
8000k HID headlamps
Aerotect custom clear bra
Shaved Antenna
Rolled and Trimmed fenders
Custom dual exhaust.
35% tints

Issues:

A/C needs a recharge -A/C was just charged and is blowing cold.

On hot start the car needs either a few extra cranks (~10 seconds worth) or accessory power left on for roughly the same amount of time to fire. Everyone I have spoken to agrees that a fuel pump/filter swap should resolve this issue. I will be correcting it as soon as time allows. Once this issue is addressed I would trust this car as a daily driver or for a cross country driving trip (which I may do if I end up unemployed longer than expected and the car doesn't sell quickly ).

Brakes are done and put a brand new battery in... Just waiting to get home in time while there is decent light out for some new pictures.

Asking: $17,500

Last edited by stevenh766; 07-18-10 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-14-10, 03:59 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW. Simply gorgeous. Very close to exactly how I always dream of modding an SC. And, oh so rare!!
GLWS!
Old 07-16-10, 05:47 PM
stevenh766
Driver School Candidate

New pictures taken today.

Old 07-17-10, 03:51 PM
nofish
Driver

how much are you asking?
Old 07-17-10, 06:31 PM
SLowEvo
Rookie

im going to say somewhere in the 18s??
Old 07-17-10, 09:58 PM
ujs2slow
Driver

very nice and clean bro and the modssssssss um um.
Old 07-18-10, 01:05 PM
stevenh766
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all of the compliments. The car sold today.
Old 07-19-10, 12:53 PM
That-Guy
Pole Position

damn that was quick... very nice asking price for a car with those parts. I remember when this car was for sale by the previous owner and i remember talking to the seller because i have a very similarly modded sc and was interested in the value of the car. I am very sad to hear that it had such issues... i know exactly how it feels to lay down cash on a car that sounded perfect on paper only to end up with a giant paperweight in the driveway... Looks like you stuck it out and finished it up nicely.... makes me feel better knowing others have done the same. Good job and glad the sale went through... that really was a nice price.
Old 07-19-10, 02:25 PM
ujs2slow
Driver

wooow sold um.whats next for you man.
Old 07-19-10, 03:40 PM
stevenh766
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by That-Guy
damn that was quick... very nice asking price for a car with those parts. I remember when this car was for sale by the previous owner and i remember talking to the seller because i have a very similarly modded sc and was interested in the value of the car. I am very sad to hear that it had such issues... i know exactly how it feels to lay down cash on a car that sounded perfect on paper only to end up with a giant paperweight in the driveway... Looks like you stuck it out and finished it up nicely.... makes me feel better knowing others have done the same. Good job and glad the sale went through... that really was a nice price.
Thanks, it was a very frustrating experience, but I guess that is a risk you take when you buy a car site unseen. Fortunately, I was able to recoup a large portion of the swap cost by parting out the na-t setup and I starting with a clean slate that I know was done right. The new owner has some great plans for the car and, based on what hes put together before, it should turn out very nicely.

Originally Posted by ujs2slow
wooow sold um.whats next for you man.
Save money If the situation allows, buy another toy a few years down the road. For now I need to focus on moving / my career.