Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology

LC 500 - Cruise control buttons on the steering wheel???

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-16, 08:14 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Default LC 500 - Cruise control buttons on the steering wheel???

This does not look good:
http://img2.netcarshow.com/Lexus-LC_...llpaper_2e.jpg

I don't want it on a new LS. I hope that there is still a chance that they put it back on the lever under the steering wheel :-(
Jeep did the same with Wrangler a few years ago and I am extremely unhappy with the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel.
Old 01-27-16, 10:57 AM
Kobrakai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't notice that.. Though personally I don't think I'd be even touching cruise control in my LC500 as it'd be my weekend car. . Is there a particular reason you dislike that placement? I've never really had any issues with it in any of the cars I've driven with steering wheel cruise control.. it actually clears up alot more space for longer paddles imo. Is it an issue with accidentally hitting the cruise control buttons? Because I can see that as a issue if you're doing a full lock turn..
Old 01-27-16, 12:27 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobrakai
Didn't notice that.. Though personally I don't think I'd be even touching cruise control in my LC500 as it'd be my weekend car. . Is there a particular reason you dislike that placement? I've never really had any issues with it in any of the cars I've driven with steering wheel cruise control.. it actually clears up alot more space for longer paddles imo. Is it an issue with accidentally hitting the cruise control buttons? Because I can see that as a issue if you're doing a full lock turn..
Actually I would not mind it in LC500 - I agree. If I purchase it, it would also bee my weekend car. But I worry that Toyota decided to move it for all new cars and I would like to keep it on the lever for my next LS :-)
The problem is that I (and my family) own Land Cruiser, SC 430, Sequoia, Venza, LS 460 and LX 570. So of course, I am used to have it on the lever :-)
Last year I purchased a new Wrangler (just for weekends - for offroad trails) and I am very unhappy that Jeep moved the buttons also on the steering wheel. I simply have problems using it (the first model years of the current Wrangler generation also had a lever very similar to Toyota). Maybe, the main problem is that the lever is always at the same place. But look at all the Toyota/Lexus vehicles. The button layout on every Toyota is completely different...