Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology

More pictures of the Lexus Devil in disguise lapping the ring

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-06, 04:39 PM
saleem
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More pictures of the Lexus Devil in disguise lapping the ring

This car will be PERFECTION when its unveiled next year. Germans will get served yet again. I wish it comes with a flux capacitor if its not too much to ask Toyota. LOL

The *** vents have gotten bigger and now it has a bigger wing and the nose looks promising. God I would give my left ******** to be a test driver for that car on the ring.

My favourite shot

Supra what ??
Old 11-17-06, 04:45 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sexy!!! I think it looks even better than the GTR!! I like the roof line much better...
Old 11-17-06, 04:49 PM
saleem
Pole Position

Here is more from world car fans . An actual spy shot and artist rendition of what it MAY look like

That last picture is just wet my pants perfection.
Old 11-17-06, 04:52 PM
LexFather

It has a sharkfin on the top, which leads me to believe it will have the usual Lexus amenities......
Also, from some angles is that a transparent roof???

Looks good!
Old 11-17-06, 05:31 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car just better have a heck of a lot of pre-production add ons. The basic shape is nice and all, but the ugly add ons, rear vents, front spoilers, etc, just make it awful.
Old 11-17-06, 05:46 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Either way, it's a car that has been long in coming to follow-up the MkIV Supra. Most of these renderings are fine...I dunno about the big vents on the tail end.
Old 11-17-06, 07:01 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Well...it's cool to see how certain stuff changes from prototype to prototype. Are those vents in the hood new as well?

I will say though, that I'm not impressed with those renderings that were posted. I think it's feasible to guess that the shape of the car will be similar to the LF-A but I don't think that all of the details will be necessarily spot on with the concept. Those renderings show a lot of hard creases and edges, when Lexus new design theme seems to be a lot of curves and rather organic shapes. I know that this car will be far more performance oriented and aerodynamic than any Lexus before it, but at the same time, Lexus designs have gotten more and more attractive lately and I really hope that this one doesn't blow it.

As excited as I was when the LF-A debuted, I wasn't really impressed with the design of the car. The concept of a Lexus exotic was exciting, the execution was disappointing (to me at least). Some aspects look more like a futuristic concept from 1995 than Lexus 2008/9 halo supercar. The front end and even the side profile were just so dull to me. There is obviously a new front end from these pictures and that's a good start, but I really hope that someone puts some work into making this car a lot prettier before it hits the streets. If it looks like the LF-A or even those renderings, pass me the keys to something else for the money. It sounds like they have pulled out all of the stops with this one- keeping weight low and even rumored to use carbon fiber, V10 engine with more than 100HP/L, probably at least a manual if not SMG or DSG gearbox judging by some of the sound clips, aiming for 50/50 weight distribution, 200+ MPH, etc, so I hope that they don't produce something dull or unattractive, with all of the capabilities that this car should have.

Ferrari and Aston Martin have no problem making beautiful cars that go fast, so Lexus shouldn't either.

Just my .02
Old 11-17-06, 10:57 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It has a sharkfin on the top, which leads me to believe it will have the usual Lexus amenities......
Also, from some angles is that a transparent roof???

Looks good!
Maybe it's just a really really really shiny roof! haha.

Let's hope it's CF.
Old 11-18-06, 01:06 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

If you guys sponser me I'll camp outside of Toyota Europe HQ for a couple of months.
I'll get you good pics, LOL.
Old 11-18-06, 01:42 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nextourer
Maybe it's just a really really really shiny roof! haha.

Let's hope it's CF.
From the Lexus web site; pic of the show car has a fixed glass roof.
Attached Thumbnails More pictures of the Lexus Devil in disguise lapping the ring-glass-roof.jpg  
Old 11-18-06, 02:21 PM
JessePS

I can't wait too see this in the showroom. I hope in hell someone in Montreal buys one, or I come up with the money, so I got 3 years to come up with over $150,000 Canadian.
Old 11-18-06, 06:55 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-06, 09:49 AM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

The fans in the back remind me of the 1970 Chaparrel 2J Sports Racing Car; referred to at the "Sucker" car as it had 2 big fans that sucked the air from under the car to increase downforce. Banned the following year.

I don't care for the way they've made those fans bulge out on the sides, it doesn't fit the rest of the style. It would be good if they can keep that panel smooth although with 500hp on tap there's a lot of heat to get rid of.
Old 11-19-06, 09:53 AM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

I still don't see any door handles? Are they flush panels that push in from the top of the door where it meets the fender?
Old 11-20-06, 06:04 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

My guess as to what the car will look like.

Quick Reply: More pictures of the Lexus Devil in disguise lapping the ring