Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology
View Poll Results: Would you buy the LF-A?
yes
63.46%
no
36.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy the new Lexus Super car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-05, 02:48 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Would you buy the new Lexus Super car?

I am having a hard time with the price of the new Lexus sports car due out in 2008. The price is expected to be 100k or more (MSRP) for that kind of coin you have many fine cars to choose from.

Bases on price and spy photos of the car its hard to get to excited about handing over this kind of cash. The Nissan GT-R or ZO6 & 911's seems like better buys.\

What do think?
Old 10-23-05, 03:08 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had that kind of cash lying around, I dont see why not. $100k is alot of scratch. I dont see anything else better for the money.
Old 10-23-05, 03:20 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

For that money ill buy a car with a more prestige name...
Old 10-23-05, 03:35 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

If you want to buy on prestige that's your thing but I'm sure many buyers will buy the future LF-A for what it is, and how it performs. Lexus is a pretty prestigious name nowadays, it's no worse than Acura, that's for sure and there's a solid NSX following.

James
Old 10-23-05, 03:43 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I don't have a problem buying a $100K Lexus. It's a V10 sports car, & if they can sell a V6 Acura/Honda NSX for $90K, why not $100K+ for a Lexus supercar ? The Lexus name is prestigious enough for me. A reliable supercar is a rare breed indeed. The only thing I'm not sold on the LF-A is the ugly looking front end, which I hope they will fix . . .
Old 10-23-05, 04:19 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is nothing wrong with the price., but I'd wait to see what the new NSX or whatever Honda calls it looks and performs like first. Also They need to redeisn at least the rear and of the LF-A since it is kind of ugly with those rear twin fans.
Old 10-23-05, 05:35 PM
Sup
Driver

People will not pay $100K for a Lexus period. Regardless of how reliable and how well it performs it will not sell. The max price should be 90K.
Old 10-23-05, 05:36 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Here is my opinion on the LF-A...

It doesn't have the LOOK of a super car. Right now, it looks more like a GT car thats going to be in the same class as say the Aston Martin DB9. Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprised if the LF-A turned out to be more than the DB9 rather than a full-fledged super car. It would seem more in line with Lexus in general. If Lexus seriously intends on marketing the LF-A as a real super car then I'll be dissapointed if it can't out perform or equal a Carrera GT. They both have V10's and there is no reason why Toyota's super car can't outperform Porsche's if supercar is what Toyota really wants. I think the true Carrera GT fighter is going to be coming from Acura. Infiniti seems like it will be offering more of a 911 Turbo fighter with the GTR. So I think in the next few years the Big 3 from Japan wil be offering three very different super cars. Lexus with the luxury super car, Acura with the full fledged pure super car and Infiniti with a coupe thats not so luxurious but on par with a 911 Turbo. Additionally, Lexus really needs to change the front end design on the LF-A. It reminds me of a car that I shouldn't even be thinking of. Additiionally, for those people who are saying that you would buy it because you don't see anything better for the money, atleast wait for the specs to come out on the car before you go and say something like that. All we really know are the exterior dimensions and the number of cylinders.

Last edited by DrUnBiased; 10-23-05 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-23-05, 05:49 PM
xioix
Racer

I'd buy it with a toyota name, if I could afford it
I don't look to buy cars for the name, but the car it self
Old 10-23-05, 05:51 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I would buy one in a heartbeat if I had the extra cash laying around. I to believe it will be more of a Aston Martin type of car, but you never know. I mean, the way that engine sounds, it sounds like a straight up F1 racer.

Anyway, I'm just happy that Lexus is even thinking about building such a car. As long as it has a VSC VDIM off switch.
Old 10-23-05, 06:16 PM
Order66
Rookie

I don't think it will be much more than $100k. I would bet between $107,000 to $112,000. Enough to be a real "hundered thousand dollar car" but not getting carried away either.

I think it will sell fine at that price point and effectively raise the image of the car line in the process. Sure there will be people who will scoff at the price of $100k Lexus, but there were many people who thought the original LS was overpriced for a Japanese car back in the day.

You can't please everyone, but I am sure those driving the new super car will be mighty pleased in their decision. If I had the extra money for one it would definately be my first choice.
Old 10-23-05, 07:12 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

My impression is that they don't even intend to sell a lot of them, it'll be a limited production car . . .
Old 10-23-05, 09:07 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I had the money and is looking for an exotic then why not. It'll show those people who buy cars for the "prestegious" name how much their "emblem" is worth.
Old 10-23-05, 09:10 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrUnBiased

It doesn't have the LOOK of a super car. Right now, it looks more like a GT car .
You are exactly correct. In fact, even Lexus themselves called the LF-A a GT car. The engine layout also points in that direction. Anyway, performance wise it will be great. Looks wise whether people want to claim it as an exotic or a GT car, it still needs some work.
Old 10-23-05, 10:36 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DrUnBiased

It doesn't have the LOOK of a super car. Right now, it looks more like a GT car thats going to be in the same class as say the Aston Martin DB9. Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprised if the LF-A turned out to be more than the DB9 rather than a full-fledged super car. It would seem more in line with Lexus in general. If Lexus seriously intends on marketing the LF-A as a real super car then I'll be dissapointed if it can't out perform or equal a Carrera GT. They both have V10's and there is no reason why Toyota's super car can't outperform Porsche's if supercar is what Toyota really wants. I think the true Carrera GT fighter is going to be coming from Acura. Infiniti seems like it will be offering more of a 911 Turbo fighter with the GTR. So I think in the next few years the Big 3 from Japan wil be offering three very different super cars. Lexus with the luxury super car, Acura with the full fledged pure super car and Infiniti with a coupe thats not so luxurious but on par with a 911 Turbo. Additionally, Lexus really needs to change the front end design on the LF-A. It reminds me of a car that I shouldn't even be thinking of. Additiionally, for those people who are saying that you would buy it because you don't see anything better for the money, atleast wait for the specs to come out on the car before you go and say something like that. All we really know are the exterior dimensions and the number of cylinders.
I don't think it will be a GT. The LF-A is SMALLER than a 911. Its very compact. the DB9 is huge in comparison.

And yeah, the front end on the LF-A is

Quick Reply: Would you buy the new Lexus Super car?