Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology

Lexus Unveils All-New IS & Hybrid Version of GS Performance Sedan(pics pg 2)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-05, 03:03 PM
LexFather

Default Lexus Unveils All-New IS & Hybrid Version of GS Performance Sedan(pics pg 2)

http://pressroom.toyota.com/photo_li...ml?id=20050318

Lexus Unveils All-New IS Sport Sedan and Hybrid Version of its GS Performance Sedan at the New York International Auto Show

03/18/2005 Torrance, CA

Lexus will stage the world premiere of the all-new IS 350 high-performance luxury sport sedan in a press conference at the 2005 New York International Auto Show. The all-new IS series will offer four separate models for the U.S. market.

Lexus will also unveil the all-new GS 450h high-performance hybrid luxury sedan, the first rear-wheel drive hybrid ever offered. The Super Ultra Low Emissions-rated GS 450h will provide an unparalleled combination of high performance, luxury-refinement and unexpected fuel efficiency.

The reveal will be held on Wednesday, March 23, at 12:00 p.m. ET in the Galleria Room, Level Four at the Javits Convention Center. In addition, the Lexus press conference will be webcast live via streaming video on www.lexus.com beginning at 12:00 p.m. ET. The Lexus press conference video will also be archived for viewing on demand after March 23.
Old 03-18-05, 03:06 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Awh man, yall have no idea how excited I am to go to the NYIAS this year. Its gonna be great. IS350 and GS450h are going to be there?? And more than likely the LF-A concept car?? Man, the Lexus section is going to be overcrowded again, like it was last year. Good luck taking pictures unless you go when the doors open.
Old 03-18-05, 03:15 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by magneto112
Awh man, yall have no idea how excited I am to go to the NYIAS this year. Its gonna be great. IS350 and GS450h are going to be there?? And more than likely the LF-A concept car?? Man, the Lexus section is going to be overcrowded again, like it was last year. Good luck taking pictures unless you go when the doors open.
Werd!! also
Scion to Unveil All-New Concept Vehicle at 2005 New York International Auto Show

03/07/2005 Torrance, CA

Scion, from Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., will unveil an all-new concept vehicle at a press conference at the 2005 New York International Auto Show.

This all-new concept, known as t2B, reflects Scion's key product philosophies of style, versatility and surprise. It encompasses bold exterior styling, innovative features, and a passenger-friendly interior, all packaged with Scion's requisite fun-to-drive factor.

The Scion press conference will be held on Thursday, March 24 in the Special Events Hall downstairs in the Javits Convention Center at 8:30 am EST.
Old 03-18-05, 03:39 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, can't wait for the specs on the 350.
Old 03-18-05, 03:59 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Werd!! also
Scion to Unveil All-New Concept Vehicle at 2005 New York International Auto Show

03/07/2005 Torrance, CA

Scion, from Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., will unveil an all-new concept vehicle at a press conference at the 2005 New York International Auto Show.

This all-new concept, known as t2B, reflects Scion's key product philosophies of style, versatility and surprise. It encompasses bold exterior styling, innovative features, and a passenger-friendly interior, all packaged with Scion's requisite fun-to-drive factor.

The Scion press conference will be held on Thursday, March 24 in the Special Events Hall downstairs in the Javits Convention Center at 8:30 am EST.
Wow, I forgot about the Scion concept. It keeps getting better. Any word on some Toyota unveilings??

One thing I must commend Toyota/Lexus/Scion is the fact that they have the overall best areas for there showcases. Toyota Marketing is outstanding. When you walk in the main entrance, the first thing you see are Lambo, Saleen, Lotus, Rolls Royce and a few others. 2 steps away you see the Scion products with there extravagent showcase with lights and other things, although kinda small. By putting the Scion showcase at the entrance, it will be one of the first few cars that you will see when you enter. Whats now fixated in your head is how different the Scion cars are compared to everything else that you are going to see and you immediately start making comparisons to the other cars you will see when you enter. After you get past that, you walk into the Toyota section. You are basically forced to walk through the Toyota section to get to another area. While you walk through, something might grab your attention and you immediately start looking at the rest of there line up. Lastly you have the Lexus section which is right next to the MB and BMW sections. Year after year these 2 car makers usually stole the spot light and were always overcrowded. By putting Lexus right next to them forces the people looking at the German cars to venture over to the Lexus section to take a look at what they offer. They also usually put all the concept cars on huge pedistals on the BMW, MB side to catch the viewers attention. Lastly, Lexus is right by the elevators and escalators that goes to the lower level. They get all the lower level traffic and the escalator throws them right onto the Lexus showroom floor. Cant get any better than that.

Then when your ready to leave, guess what. You have to walk back through the Lexus, Toyota, and Scion sections. By doing this it refreshes your memory of what cool Toyota/Lexus/Scion products you have seen and hopefully you go to the dealership and purchase on of their products.

Most really wont care what I just said, but its just something that I noticed. Its the little things that Toyota does to grab peoples attention.
Old 03-18-05, 04:14 PM
xioix
Racer

im guessing the coupe will be announced at this show
Old 03-18-05, 04:37 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xioix
im guessing the coupe will be announced at this show
Unfortunately, as said in the PR, there will be only 4 IS models unveiled for now. The IS250 RWD, IS250 AWD, IS250 Manual and IS350 RWD. It's good enough for an initial launch I guess though.
Old 03-18-05, 04:41 PM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Unfortunately, as said in the PR, there will be only 4 IS models unveiled for now. The IS250 RWD, IS250 AWD, IS250 Manual and IS350 RWD. It's good enough for an initial launch I guess though.
i doubt the manual would count as a model though
Old 03-18-05, 04:59 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xioix
i doubt the manual would count as a model though
Actually it does. The current IS, for example, is marketed by Lexus in 3 separate models. See http://www.lexus.com/models/is/index.html .
Old 03-18-05, 07:18 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Cant wait to hear the real specs for the IS for the US market Hopefully its not 245 hp and is 300hp instead
Old 03-21-05, 06:38 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Last edited by magneto112; 03-21-05 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-22-05, 06:57 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

I can't wait for the unveiling either. Should be pretty interesting. As for the 245hp vs 300+hp issue, I've read (rumor & speculation) that intially the IS350 would be offered with 245hp (Autoweek) and that an "IS350GT" would be offered down the road with 300hp (rumor/speculation). Have you guys heard anything like this? I guess it somewhat makes sense but it also sounds sorta fishy. 245hp fills the gap nicely between a 200-ish hp IS250 and a 300hp model. It should also perform on par with the new E90 3-series 255hp model when you consider the extra torque on the IS350 from the larger engine. No manual tranny wouldn't be cool though.
Old 03-22-05, 10:17 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hp in is350

from what i've read, the engine in the 350 comes from the avalon, and that gets 280hp - so i dont see how the hp could be any less unless i'm misinformed. properly tuned, it could easily bust 300hp. i can't see lexus doing a GT sort of thing - i would hope they would just bring out the big guns right off the bat and deliver a smack down to critics. we shall see very soon though!!!!
Old 03-22-05, 10:30 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Nissan has a few different variants and sub-variants of their VQ35DE engine cranking out anywhere from 240hp to 300hp now. If Lexus wanted to, they could easily detune it down too. I could think of a number of legit marketing reasons for that, but I'll just wait till tomorrow.
Old 03-23-05, 09:00 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

I guess everyone is watching the Live feed over at Lexus.com.

Quick Reply: Lexus Unveils All-New IS & Hybrid Version of GS Performance Sedan(pics pg 2)