CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Spotted: 8/7/10 - 2011 Lexus CT200h @ Lexus HQ

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-10, 03:02 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default Spotted: 8/7/10 - 2011 Lexus CT200h @ Lexus HQ

During my visit yesterday in Torrance, I spotted two new CT200h prototypes at Lexus. This black one below was parked next to a Matador Red CT (it was driven away after I took these pics). These two CTs had all the options including navigation, Mark Levinson audio, radar cruise, park assist and all the goods. The Matador Red CT parked next to it had the high output LED headlamps. As much as we would like to see fully optioned CT200h here in the US, due to cost we will probably see most CT200h with the Lexus basics. That's not necessarily a bad thing as the pricing should be very enticing.

Rear 3/4 Shot. Broad rear shoulder lines.

Side profile. Kick up on the rear 1/4 window reminds me of the new tC.

Front end maintains the L-Finesse design philosophy.

Projector headlamps and integrated LED running lamps.

LFA inspired steering wheel. Note the thick diameter of the wheel. Very sporty.

Rear shot. Almost has an IS300 Sport Cross appeal. Small rear window, rear center break at the accent.

Integrated high mount led brake lamp into the spoiler. Sadly the wiper didn't make it in there like the RX and GX.

17" Alloy wheels with 215/45/17 Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires. (Reminiscent of the 1st Gen IS300 17" tire size.)

Front windshield wiper defrosters.

Roof mounted antenna. No sharkfin here.

CLICK HERE: For the rest of the pics.

Last edited by flipside909; 08-07-10 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-07-10, 03:12 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Cool, good stuff. I'm thinking about test driving one of these at one of the upcoming events just to see how it feels, both in terms of driving and interior.
Old 08-07-10, 06:13 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That is pretty cool that you were able to snap all of these photos. The car is not for me (seems like an upscale version of the Toyota Matrix), but I'm sure it will find it's share of buyers. Now...if only Lexus would have the upcoming GS sitting around...
Old 08-07-10, 06:15 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its really nice, but i think ill keep my RWD IS300 wagon...unless they make an AWD version of the CT200...then i might change my mind
Old 08-07-10, 07:31 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I think it would be a lot more appealing if it had the shark fin antenna and darker windows in rear doors and back glass. Maybe the US production model will be different.

It's to be marketed as an intro Lexus but I think they should also think of current Lexus owners as a 2nd car or maybe one to dress up with the performance stuff for parking lot autocross afternoons .
Old 08-07-10, 08:25 PM
LexFather

Nice pics Ryan!
Old 08-07-10, 08:56 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, this is what all the hype is about?

I think its fugly, front looks like a honda odyssey, side looks like a SUV/truck, back looks like a is300 hatch (best looking part). The whole area behind the rear door and above the roof from the side just looks terrible.

look at the front

First the Lexus Corolla (HS250) now this.

You know why they are making goofy looking cars like this....

because

People don't just want to drive a hybrid, they want other people to know they drive a hybrid.

Thats why honda made the new insight look exactly like the prius.

For god sakes people they don't even get good enough mpg to off set the extra cost.
Old 08-08-10, 12:21 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I want one! Is it RWD or FWD?
Old 08-08-10, 05:49 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice photos, thanks for posting them.
Old 08-08-10, 07:02 AM
phoebus
Driver

Headlamp design has changed ??

I dont like the rear wiper

Thanks for posting the photos anyway!
Old 08-08-10, 10:47 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
I think it would be a lot more appealing if it had the shark fin antenna and darker windows in rear doors and back glass. Maybe the US production model will be different.

It's to be marketed as an intro Lexus but I think they should also think of current Lexus owners as a 2nd car or maybe one to dress up with the performance stuff for parking lot autocross afternoons .
I think that privacy glass is only for SUVs. I can't think of one car that has privacy glass standard from the factory (besides limos). With cars, you have to tint the windows.

Originally Posted by STIG
I want one! Is it RWD or FWD?
FWD...because the powertrain is based on Prius. The only major difference is the rear independent suspension.

I like it. But, for me, the CT200h is too small...i routinely carry my son (and soon my daughter too) to school in baby seat on my way to work. That rear seat section looks tight! The rear doors look like you need to be quite flexible to get in and out without bumping your head or legs. But then again, i am probably not in the CT200h's demographic.

The one thing that i really like the shifter...i just may have to buy that shifter from Lexus and put it in my Prius!

Last edited by tigmd99; 08-08-10 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-08-10, 12:14 PM
FoxCars
Driver

I can't wait to get my hands on this car...wait till you boys see what I up my sleeve.
Old 08-08-10, 08:23 PM
TankMR
Lead Lap

They ruined this car. Look @ the initial prototype. Looks like an influential executive from the Scion branch stuck their polished Florsheim up this car's ***
Old 08-09-10, 07:43 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 574 Likes on 394 Posts

Looks like no cooled seats even on these loaded models. Might be a deal breaker for me...
Old 08-09-10, 11:26 AM
skang5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tigmd99
I think that privacy glass is only for SUVs. I can't think of one car that has privacy glass standard from the factory (besides limos). With cars, you have to tint the windows.

FWD...because the powertrain is based on Prius. The only major difference is the rear independent suspension.

I like it. But, for me, the CT200h is too small...i routinely carry my son (and soon my daughter too) to school in baby seat on my way to work. That rear seat section looks tight! The rear doors look like you need to be quite flexible to get in and out without bumping your head or legs. But then again, i am probably not in the CT200h's demographic.

The one thing that i really like the shifter...i just may have to buy that shifter from Lexus and put it in my Prius!

I am with you on this dimension. Rear seat section does look small and I am also wondering how much cargo space this car has. I will consider this car when it comes out but will compare it to Audi A3 or A4 avant and see which car is better. I hope to own my 3rd lexus tho.....

Quick Reply: Spotted: 8/7/10 - 2011 Lexus CT200h @ Lexus HQ