ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Lexus Customer Service (archive) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-customer-service-archive-271/)
-   -   New 2015 GS 350 - getting an iPod error when I connect my iPhone 6 Plus (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-customer-service-archive/779206-new-2015-gs-350-getting-an-ipod-error-when-i-connect-my-iphone-6-plus.html)

RC350Fan 03-30-15 07:19 AM

New 2015 GS 350 - getting an iPod error when I connect my iPhone 6 Plus

I tried different Apple cables to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

LexCareSP 03-30-15 03:09 PM

RC350Fan, sorry to read you are having concerns with your iPhone 6 in your 2015 GS. We would recommend you have this concern inspected by a Lexus Dealer as they would be in the best position to determine the cause and suggest a remedy.

gzorn 03-31-15 11:21 AM

I have the same problem with my 2014 GX460 and IPhone 4S. The dealer just blames the phone and said upgrade to the Iphone 6 to fix the problems.

Hwyman 03-31-15 11:45 AM

Ditto with me. My iPhone 4s gives me problems as well when connecting to my 2011 LS460 L. The message states, "unable to read device.... try reconnecting..." I also tried my wife's 5s and seems to work consistently, albeit it has had this message too, but less frequent. I wonder if this is a common problem.

gregj28 08-07-15 11:14 AM

Ipod error

I have had this issue since day one with my 2014 IS 350 F. it has been at the dealer for a total of 20 days in the last 1.5 years and they still don't know what to do. its not my phone, its my car. I have been traveling alot for work lately and i have driven at least 15 loaner/rental cars in the last six months, lexus included, none of them have had this connectivity issue. They opened a case with Japan but this may go on for a while. Keep documenting the issue with them and make them acknowledge it. I miss my car its been 6 days since i dropped it off this time and they are still calling me and gathering more information...

tsopranoMB 08-07-15 07:01 PM

common issue....when an iPhone is plugged in, use it to CHARGE and for playing music, use BLUETOOTH...

TobsterM 08-08-15 08:04 AM

Same here on my RC F , dissapointing how it cross functions. Would be a nice fix.

Lexus GS3 08-13-15 03:19 PM

I have the same problem with my 2005 GS350 Fsport since I picked it up on 06/13/2015

2015 GS350 equipped with ML
iPhone 6 with the latest ios 8.4 firmware

I gave up and found a solution to this problem. I use my Bluetooth to stream music and plug the USB charging cable onto the cigarette outlet to charge my phone. NO problems ever since, however volume is very low even when volume is set between 35-40 on my car and max volume on my phone. Volume will suddenly become loud when I receive a text or email. Is starting to bother me.

gregj28 08-19-15 06:50 PM

there may be a fix

after about 3 weeks my lexus dealer installed an update... that has not been released to the public yet. it seems to have fixed the issue.. i will let the forum know what happens in the next few days:woot::woot:

USALV 03-23-16 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by gregj28 (Post 9155733)
after about 3 weeks my lexus dealer installed an update... that has not been released to the public yet. it seems to have fixed the issue.. i will let the forum know what happens in the next few days:woot::woot:

How is that update working for you ? Thank you

gregj28 03-28-16 06:34 AM

2014 is 350

2 1/2 years after the problem started-the day I bought the car- Woodfield Lexus finally was able to solve the issue. I have had my car at a lexus dealer for about 60 days in total where they tried to solve the issues i was having. The unit would not stay connected via USB cable nor bluetooth, Also the entire system would shut off and turn back on for no reason. I was able to challenge Lexus and I actually said I don't believe you will be able to fix my problem but I want to complain about it anyway. They took the challenge and replaced the entire entertainment system, so far so good, a month later no issues. MAKE LEXUS REPLACE YOUR SYSTEM.

USALV 03-28-16 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by gregj28 (Post 9424293)
2 1/2 years after the problem started-the day I bought the car- Woodfield Lexus finally was able to solve the issue. I have had my car at a lexus dealer for about 60 days in total where they tried to solve the issues i was having. The unit would not stay connected via USB cable nor bluetooth, Also the entire system would shut off and turn back on for no reason. I was able to challenge Lexus and I actually said I don't believe you will be able to fix my problem but I want to complain about it anyway. They took the challenge and replaced the entire entertainment system, so far so good, a month later no issues. MAKE LEXUS REPLACE YOUR SYSTEM.

Oh wow. That's good the you was able to
Get Lexus to fix this problem for you. They really should have fixed that problem
Sooner.

gregj28 03-29-16 12:06 PM

Spoke too soon

I may have spoke too soon. THIS Morning my entertainment system locked up for about 10 minutes. I had zero control over it, radio turned off and i could do nothing to make it operate. then this afternoon the system got stuck on the Caution screen for 3 minutes then rebooted. wonder if i can get out of my lease because of this ???:thumbdn:

gregj28 03-29-16 12:07 PM

Not working, unit still shuts off intermittently, I finally have video proof to show the dealer.

gregj28 03-29-16 12:09 PM

Lexus has been working to resolve this issue on my 14 is 350 F for 2+ years now. swapped out the entertainment unit and it still has trouble. most concerning it just shuts down or gets frozen