ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Lexus Customer Service (archive) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-customer-service-archive-271/)
-   -   Driver's side door won't unlock with fob (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-customer-service-archive/775929-drivers-side-door-wont-unlock-with-fob.html)

Srod12 03-04-15 01:36 PM

Driver's side door won't unlock with fob

'14 IS350 When I push ipck on fob it will unlock all door EXCEPT the driver's door. It is an intermittent issue but when it happens I have to climb through back seat and manually unlock the driver's door. Have tried locking and unlocking again but once it's happened there's no getting it unlocked except crawling through the car. Dealership says they can't do anything because it's intermittent. I can hear it trying to unlock but it won't work.
Help?

LexCareSC 03-04-15 01:50 PM

IS Lock Concern

Hi Srod, the dealer would have to duplicate the issue in order to provide a repair. Do you notice it happening at certain times or under any conditions that are a recognizable pattern? For example, when it rains, when it's cold, first time of the day, etc.?

2015TwoFif 11-11-15 02:17 PM

2015 IS250 FSport Locking/Key fob issue

Please!! Anyone that has had any issues with (1) Driver's door locking and not being able to use key fob to unlock; (2) Driver's door locking with key fob INSIDE CAR; (3) Using key fob to unlock car and having it beep several times without unlocking doors... Can you reply back to this thread? My 2015 IS250 only had 5,000 miles on it when it started acting up this way. I've had it in for service where it cannot be replicated and I am told the locking issue is not being recorded on any of the car's computers.

Srod12 11-16-15 08:14 AM

[QUOTE=2015TwoFif;9249745]Please!! Anyone that has had any issues with.....

This is a copy and paste of my post from a thread I started when I had the same issue. It CAN be fixed and lexus DOES know about this issue:

Originally Posted by Srod12 (Post 9246627)
I contacted Lexus national and international and posted on some social media sites that I was very unhappy about the poor customer service from the dealership. Suggested the service writer actually talk to his mechanics and ask if they had any ideas,also suggested he contact lexus and ask if this was a problem reported by any other owners, and suggested he actually be interested in the problem because in all honesty the dealership has a miserable track record and reputation but no other dealerships are within a 4 hour drive. Found out, YES, it is a problem and lexus was very aware of it and in fact some of his own texhs were aware of it through whatever lines of communication they were part of with Lexus. Lexus has even manufactured a specific part to fix the issue. Here's the problem: if you are touching the door handle from the inside of the car and have any pressure on the locking toggle when you get out, even just a small amount of pressure, and I'm talking about just having your hand brushing against the toggle, it positions a small arm within the locking mechanism to a point that makes locking the driver's door from the outside (with the fob) possible but causes it to be impossible to unlock with the fob. Sounds ridiculous and I doubted it but I could reproduce the issue as many times as I cared to. And, Lexus could instruct the service manager how to reproduce the problem and he could do it over and over. There's a small piece of hardware that's been manufactured and is added to the locking mechanism to prevent it. Since I've had the 'interim repair', it's only happened once. Prior to the repair, it happened at least once per day. I'd gotten into a habit of getting out of my car the same way every time and I was goofing up the mechanism every time. I wasn't doing anything stupid or special, it's just where the handle and toggle are positioned. It's not an uncommon problem turns out.

Quick thought though-see this is a situation where the service writer and previous poster were not correct-the problem WAS known to Lexus and when I got vocal and things got embarrassing for my local dealership, yep there was a known problem. All it took was exactly like I'd said to the service manager-do some damn digging. Ask Lexus, ask your techs, do some leg work. As it turned out, I did find other people that had the same problem when I started posting complaints and suggested some methods of investigating the issue. Those people incidentally got their door locks fixed as well.
Good luck. Who knows if it's the same issue but, maybe it is. Like I said, it's not an unknown issue. Mine is FSport IS350, 2014.

lexus_ls 12-07-15 11:59 PM

[QUOTE=Srod12;9255032]

Originally Posted by 2015TwoFif (Post 9249745)
Please!! Anyone that has had any issues with.....

This is a copy and paste of my post from a thread I started when I had the same issue. It CAN be fixed and lexus DOES know about this issue:

I have the same issue and recorded it with my iPhone. I've taken it to the Stevens Creek Lexus and Magnussen Lexus, both say theres no fix and that I have to be careful how I open my door from the inside. Are you kidding me? :mad:

ShunDoe 02-22-16 06:54 PM

Have any of y'all replaced the actuators in the door with the problems? I had a guy to install a push start on my GS and he said eventually the actuators go out. The actuators is the little motor that operates the lock/unlock

DVineRite 02-25-16 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by ShunDoe (Post 9377914)
Have any of y'all replaced the actuators in the door with the problems? I had a guy to install a push start on my GS and he said eventually the actuators go out. The actuators is the little motor that operates the lock/unlock

My '06 GS 300 Driver Rear door is doing this now. I bought the motors from eBay after I had stumbled that the old motors could be revived. I attempted to remove the door panel off with great success however, there appears to be another cover on the outer portion of the door, where the actuator is located; I could not remove. I'll try my best again later today.

jdm_altzza 04-02-16 07:19 AM

Same thing here... Lexus Customer serv. I have sent you a pm about this and yet to hear back from you. :thumbdn:

Srod12 04-04-16 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza (Post 9431408)
Same thing here... Lexus Customer serv. I have sent you a pm about this and yet to hear back from you. :thumbdn:

Just replied to your PM. Sorry, didn't see it before now. Apologies!!

carsonlexi 06-13-16 02:35 PM

Thanks for this

Ulerioeddy 07-09-16 07:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have an issue with my car is a Lexus GS 300 1999 my radio has been stolen and they take off the factory wire harness cable I want to install a aftermarket radio help me how get the original Factory cable or where to get it

blantier 07-11-16 12:14 PM

Driver's side door.

Same issue here. I assume it's actuator and given the cost of the fix and the value of my '06 GS300 I've just decided to deal with unlocking it manually.

Is there any chance that this method (manually unlocking the front door) could mess up the anti-theft/immobilizer? I've been told my starter is shot (which would explain the car's inability to start :) ) but I'm wondering if the front door issue could be another factor.

Is there a fix that doesn't involve taking it to a dealer? My car is sitting, unable to start, in my driveway and the nearest dealer is 100 miles away.

DeanDohert 07-28-16 07:55 AM

The driver's side door actuator in my 2015 NX300h had to be replaced after only 5 months. Now I have rattle in the spare tire cover in the rear compartment with every significant bump in the road.