IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 Lexus IS250 radio/navigation system (issue/problem)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-19, 05:50 AM
Makster
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2014 Lexus IS250 radio/navigation system (issue/problem)

I need some advise and help? A week ago my radio/Navigation start acting up the screen comes off and sometimes came back on? Most of the time is off, vol button is not responding? **** controller is not responding, fuse is okay...basically the screen is not turning on and I can’t use my navigation or any setup because the screen comes out blank no volume nothing...my question is!

1) Is the 3Gen radio is the main brain of the whole system that control most of the options?
2) Do you guys think my radio is defected?
3) Do I need a new software from the dealer to update?
4) should I just shop around another used radio and replace it?
5) what else I need to Diagnostic the radio unit?

This is the radio I have

This is the back side.

Any Lexus technicians here can please help me out 😫
The following 2 users liked this post by Makster:
Bumble24 (10-18-19), Rhydg1 (05-06-20)
Old 05-05-20, 08:35 AM
aransingh
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having the same problem any help would be much appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
Rhydg1 (05-06-20)
Old 05-06-20, 11:22 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

1) Is the 3Gen radio is the main brain of the whole system that control most of the options? YES
2) Do you guys think my radio is defected? YES
3) Do I need a new software from the dealer to update? The dealer has software updates, but at this stage it's likely not going to help if the unit is not working to allow the update to be uploaded
4) should I just shop around another used radio and replace it? YES
5) what else I need to Diagnostic the radio unit? Nothing

There are several threads that have this issue, and other issues, where the end result is a radio replacement.
Old 05-09-20, 12:16 PM
is250fspor
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a quick update on my end about my Unit replacement. It has been almost a full 2 years of not having a working radio and recently I have pulled thru and bought a used unit from eBay and now I officially have music again, which makes me feel like a new person , that being said however here are a couple of details regarding my brand used unit.

The unit in particular that I managed to get my hands on is unit number P10762, this being different from my original unit P10435 that the car came with. My new unit is a GPS unit with the SD Memory card slot. I am not specifically sure which model or year the P10762 comes from but it is a direct plug in and play. It comes with extra features of which my original unit does not, such as weather, and traffic, and Lexus Apps. I attempted to download the Lexus app on my phone to see if i could connect the unit and use it to its full ability, however when I download the Lexus app on my phone and registered it comes to the step of asking me for the VIN number of the car equipped with the unit, so at this point I can only assume there is no way to proceed any further than this.

Everything on the radio works, FM Radio, Satellite Radio, and climate control, and the settings and such however ironically the one thing that doesn't work seems to be the GPS it's self. When I received the unit at my door step it did not come with the SD Card in the memory card slot, but I thought this shouldn't be an issue because all i would have to do is just remove the memory card from my original unit and slip it into the new one. I did follow through with doing this, but now I'm stuck with a pop up on the display saying it is constantly reading the memory card and it never ends up doing so.

I wonder now if this could be a defect with the memory card reader which I highly doubt because when I pull out the memory card it tells me to put it back in or else some of the features on the unit wont work, either way it isn't working regardless because it can't seem to read or pick up the memory card.

This makes me think

A. My memory card has a different program that isn't readable on the newer unit
B. Each unit comes equipped with its own individual memory card programmed differently from unit to unit
C. Possibly my SD card could be corrupted some how
D. Most likely my SD card just isn't programmed to work with the unit number that I picked up, being newer and updated afterall

This being said does anyone on here know how or what I can do going forth to try and and fix this , is possible that I could go to a Lexus dealer and they could cross reference the Unit to the car it came equipped on and supply me with a working memory card, or maybe this won't work since the Unit came from south of the border.
Old 05-09-20, 12:22 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by is250fspor
Here is a quick update on my end about my Unit replacement. It has been almost a full 2 years of not having a working radio and recently I have pulled thru and bought a used unit from eBay and now I officially have music again, which makes me feel like a new person , that being said however here are a couple of details regarding my brand used unit.

The unit in particular that I managed to get my hands on is unit number P10762, this being different from my original unit P10435 that the car came with. My new unit is a GPS unit with the SD Memory card slot. I am not specifically sure which model or year the P10762 comes from but it is a direct plug in and play. It comes with extra features of which my original unit does not, such as weather, and traffic, and Lexus Apps. I attempted to download the Lexus app on my phone to see if i could connect the unit and use it to its full ability, however when I download the Lexus app on my phone and registered it comes to the step of asking me for the VIN number of the car equipped with the unit, so at this point I can only assume there is no way to proceed any further than this.

Everything on the radio works, FM Radio, Satellite Radio, and climate control, and the settings and such however ironically the one thing that doesn't work seems to be the GPS it's self. When I received the unit at my door step it did not come with the SD Card in the memory card slot, but I thought this shouldn't be an issue because all i would have to do is just remove the memory card from my original unit and slip it into the new one. I did follow through with doing this, but now I'm stuck with a pop up on the display saying it is constantly reading the memory card and it never ends up doing so.

I wonder now if this could be a defect with the memory card reader which I highly doubt because when I pull out the memory card it tells me to put it back in or else some of the features on the unit wont work, either way it isn't working regardless because it can't seem to read or pick up the memory card.

This makes me think

A. My memory card has a different program that isn't readable on the newer unit
B. Each unit comes equipped with its own individual memory card programmed differently from unit to unit
C. Possibly my SD card could be corrupted some how
D. Most likely my SD card just isn't programmed to work with the unit number that I picked up, being newer and updated afterall

This being said does anyone on here know how or what I can do going forth to try and and fix this , is possible that I could go to a Lexus dealer and they could cross reference the Unit to the car it came equipped on and supply me with a working memory card, or maybe this won't work since the Unit came from south of the border.
The SD card is married to the first unit it is installed into.
It will only work in that unit or a brand new unit...it cannot be swapped into another used unit.

You have 2 options:
  1. Find the SD card that belongs to the unit that you bought...which is likely going to be impossible
  2. Buy a new SD card at the Lexus dealer and install it
Buthoney (05-11-20)
Old 06-22-22, 12:35 PM
joaq
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post navigation and radio not working

I purchased a used Lexus Is250 (2014). the dealer told me that they were getting me a new Navigation (its been 3 months now and have not gotten one)
Anyhow, I notice that it keeps looping. It shows the Lexus logo and doesnt do anything. Sometimes the Navigation works and then the radio starts working. But out of the blue I will be driving and it just stops working and you see the Lexus logo come on again with no music.
I decided to buy a used navigation and install it myself. Once I connected it, the same thing happened. it keeps looping the Lexus logo on the screen.

I took it back to the dealer last week where I got it.. They looked at it and told me it might be the ECU? And now it (the radio and navigation) dont turn on at all.

I'm loosing my mind here because I cant figure out which is bad, the radio or the navigation or the ECU. I'm sure its not the ECU!

Old 06-22-22, 04:51 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by joaq
I purchased a used Lexus Is250 (2014). the dealer told me that they were getting me a new Navigation (its been 3 months now and have not gotten one)
Anyhow, I notice that it keeps looping. It shows the Lexus logo and doesnt do anything. Sometimes the Navigation works and then the radio starts working. But out of the blue I will be driving and it just stops working and you see the Lexus logo come on again with no music.
I decided to buy a used navigation and install it myself. Once I connected it, the same thing happened. it keeps looping the Lexus logo on the screen.

I took it back to the dealer last week where I got it.. They looked at it and told me it might be the ECU? And now it (the radio and navigation) dont turn on at all.

I'm loosing my mind here because I cant figure out which is bad, the radio or the navigation or the ECU. I'm sure its not the ECU!

Just to confirm, what did you actually purchase and install yourself?

To clarify, the Radio, Navigation, and ECU are all one unit...the Radio.
The screen you see the map on (the Multi Display) is literally that, a display. It would be the equivalent of a desktop computer monitor, it shows you whatever the desktop computer tells it to.
If you replaced the Multi Display screen, which is really easy, then the issue will still happen because the issue is the Radio.
4mylexbaby (05-10-23)
Old 08-07-22, 02:33 PM
Olie3170
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 Lexus I S250 navigation system blacked out and radio not working

I’m pretty sure it’s a recall my good friend has the same kind of car is my same year same model and his friend has the same car but both of them have F sport and my little sister has the same car and I didn’t even know this until three months ago that she has the same problem as me and my two friends she said she been driving to work and back for 18 months at first it would work
but it will come and go it would stay on for five minutes and then it was shut off for 7 to 10 minutes and then I’ll come back on for two minutes then I’ll shut off again it did that for two months she said and then the past year over a year she been driving the car like this no radio black screen on a navigation . like I mentioned earlier one of my friends has the same year same model as my car I thought I was only one so I posted on Facebook does anybody that has this type of car have this problem and four people two of him I didn’t know personally and two of them was my good friend he told me that it’s been happening for like three months he just got the car five months ago from a big dealership. The dealership said most likely is the radio. He change the radio and it cost him a lot of money still the same black screen radio don’t work. Then he heard people saying that they read online this type of car when rain gets into the trunk or wherever the amplifier is it gets drenched he checked it he didn’t look wet but he changed it anyway and it cost him a lot of money still same black screen no navigation system the radio doesn’t work!!! I’m pretty sure the dealership knows what’s going on because thousands of people with this year make and model of the car has the same problem??