Sponsored by:

FAQs on stereo upgrades for Lexus - help needed-DIY included

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-13, 08:30 PM
Ladykiller
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 SC400 Audio

I have 2000 SC with the Premium Nakami system I was looking into an aftermarket Head Unit I
was currently looking at the Pioneer FH-X700BT Head-Unit it seems as a good bang for buck
kinda deal & some price estimates for installation.
I would really appreciate some recommendations also for what front panel speakers i should go with as I am also looking into replacing those as well. I'm also open to any other suggestions such as subs ect I actually have an Alpine SWR-1243D lying around would it be possible to replace the rear stock 10 with that?

Thanks for reading my post.
Old 04-22-15, 02:30 AM
jeremylamb
Driver School Candidate

I was able to easily fit 61/2 in the doors and the back dash by adding brackets...no cutting involved. Oh that's in a SC by the way
Old 04-22-15, 02:35 AM
jeremylamb
Driver School Candidate

Now if I'm not mistaking you would need to find a 5 ch amp to replace that Nakamichi or multiple little amps to get that nice almost surround sound you get with the stock system.. and it's an 8" sub on the back dash not a 10 but it would be cool to replace it with one.. re wiring a after factory system is not as easy as a lot of cars...it's a lot more work from what I've gathered..

Last edited by jeremylamb; 04-22-15 at 02:39 AM.
Old 04-23-15, 02:56 PM
Sierra02ES
Driver School Candidate

Default ES300 Navigation

My navigation system (2002 ES300) stopped working recently. I never had a problem with it until now, and there is a message displaying saying to check and see if the map dvd is correct. I sincerely hope that this is only an issue of needing a new disc. Has anyone ever had this issue? If it ISNT the disc, what could it be? Thanks!
Old 09-14-15, 09:32 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ????

I've done some searching, but I really have no idea where to start. I don't know what parts are compatible with which models/years and what not.

I've just purchased a 2013 GS450H and would like to upgrade the sound system. Any suggestions or tips are highly appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 01-25-16, 03:04 PM
maxwelld
Driver School Candidate

I have a 00 gs300 Pioneer system.
I would like to replace the stock headunit with an aftermarket one without replacing the amp and speakers.
The metra wiring harness is what I purchased which ive read is a hit or miss. Worse case scenario I can hardwire the existing harness to the new unit.
I have not found any related articles stating if this is possible. My question is.. can I get the amp to still work? Is it as simple as running the power wire from the stock amp to a power source on the new unit?
Thanks guys.
Old 03-31-16, 01:55 PM
Typ2nuk
Driver School Candidate

Yes you can. I found everything as far as info, on this forum to install a pioneer avh 4600 7" screen in a 98 GS400 myself. You will still have use of factory subwoofer. You can actuallly buy the metra or scoshe harnesses from Walmart or order them off ebay. Upon further looking on here i found a member who showed how to use the walmart harness to plug directly to the factor without cutting any wires. This made it easier to add a sub and 5 channel amp later on. I hate to sound like a *****, but if you google it, it will come up.I only say that because I don't remember exact titles of the threads and posts. If I did , I would tell you. Please take my advice and look, look, look on here before you just start hacking up the car. But just look for diy aftermarket screen installs.
Old 04-02-16, 06:50 PM
JBenedykt
Driver School Candidate

Default Help !! Need stereo wiring diagram for 2008 Lexus RX 350

Help please. Somebody knows where can I find a 2008 Lexus RX 350 complete stereo wiring diagram ?
Old 04-24-16, 05:15 PM
orion7mm
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Adding XM Radio to a 2005 GX 470

I realize this is probably an old topic, but this Lexus is our first and Your lessons learned would be very helpful. Thanks.

Specifically ... Can anyone share their experience with the iSimple ISTY651 "Connect" Interface and wiring harness, the ISSR-12 cable, and the Sirius-XM SVX-200 Tuner? Any suggestions regarding Installation?

Will the factory radio (our rig has NAV and ML) recognize the Sat tuner input via a 2nd push of the AM button? Will the XM channels display on the NAV screen? Did any of the 2005 GX 470's have a "AM/SAT" or "SAT" button on the factory radio? (Ours only has AM / FM / TAPE / DISC buttons)

Lexus "customer service" and the dealer have Not been able to share any information on this topic.
Old 03-22-18, 12:30 PM
JoelsLexIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Sub-Woofer/Trunk Rattle

I have a 2016 Lexus IS 200t that did NOT come with the Mark Levinson sound system so I have the regular factory sound system.
Over all, its still a pretty good sounding system but whenever I play something with a little more bass to it, I start to hear a bit of rattling coming from the center mounted rear sub-woofer/trunk area.
Has anyone else had this issue and were you able to fix it?
Old 01-18-19, 06:02 AM
Ali12978
Driver School Candidate

so i know this thread is long dead but I was wondering if anyone could possibly message me, i would like to pick someones brain concerning the pioneer fx-mg8517zt-uc/92 head unit issues in my 2003 es300
Old 12-14-22, 10:10 AM
jcarterfm4
1st Gear

Hello, I have a 2021 RX F with the Mark Levinson system. I think the sound sucks honestly. I was wondering if I could do a simple swap on the subwoofer to aftermarket and if that would actually improve anything? I realize that the car amp will only allow a certain amount of watts to that cannel. Just was curious if anyone has done this or not and what difference if any did it make. Also not appose to doing a full upgrade, bypassing the amp but not seeing anything on the market from RF or PAC yet. You would think they would allow you to do more EQ adjustments with the 15 speakers.
Old 02-05-23, 08:03 AM
hmonegro02
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcarterfm4
Hello, I have a 2021 RX F with the Mark Levinson system. I think the sound sucks honestly. I was wondering if I could do a simple swap on the subwoofer to aftermarket and if that would actually improve anything? I realize that the car amp will only allow a certain amount of watts to that cannel. Just was curious if anyone has done this or not and what difference if any did it make. Also not appose to doing a full upgrade, bypassing the amp but not seeing anything on the market from RF or PAC yet. You would think they would allow you to do more EQ adjustments with the 15 speakers.
I'll recommend you to go on Crutchfield.com, you can filter the products you want by the car brand and model. If you have good headphones it lets you test how they sound on the website also. Pretty complete website in terms of car audio upgrades.

Last edited by hmonegro02; 02-05-23 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-14-23, 09:07 AM
xpolo13
1st Gear

Hello gentlemen, I just wanted to warn you about the car audio service from Taiwan. They have an account on ebay called "house_car_technology" and on YouTube "SUNE Technology" I lost $1300. I bought a repair service for my amplifier 86280-53231 on eBay auction. they repaired the amplifier but put it up for sale on ebay, they wanted to send me another cheaper model, I don't even know if it would fit, it had a different speaker resistance. In place of the serial numbers, they put "Do not tear off" stickers. When I pointed it out to them, they returned the parcel to themselves. They don't respond to emails and have blocked my phone number. I have documentation and screenshots for everything that I can share. This company is fraudsters and thieves, I left comments on their YouTube channel but they deleted them. I can't believe what people do for a few dollars. Regards
Old 01-04-24, 12:08 PM
burstfadehc
1st Gear

Default Burst Fade Hair Cuts

Certainly, I can help! Please provide specific questions or topics you'd like information on regarding stereo upgrades for Lexus, including any DIY aspects.