Sponsored by:

Next Gen VLine VL2 for Apps and Maps is on preorder

Old 03-15-18, 11:50 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts
Default Next Gen VLine VL2 for Apps and Maps is on preorder

Hello all,
We are exited to announce the start of preorder period for our next generation VLine VL2 infotainment system upgrade . With improved hardware specs and bigger memory space (3G RAM) VLine VL2 offers faster load and boot time, and faster operating speed. VLine VL2 operates on Android Nougat 7.1 for optimal performance.

PREORDER NOW FOR EARLY BIRD SPECIAL PRICING AT $465.95 until April 15th 3pm PST. Preorder price will go up after April 15th. VLine VL2 will ship on or after May 25th, 2018.

IMPORTANT: all VLine VL2 require Lexus stereos with NAVIGATION

https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/

About VLine
VLine Infotainment System is a smart computer that connects to the back of your Lexus stereo and fully integrates into Lexus infotainment system and display without compromising or affecting Lexus factory functionality.

VLine is a stand alone unit that is fully functional with Lexus stereo touchscreen, buttons and controls. WiFi connection is required. VLine offers connectivity with mobile hot spot and/or though your phone internet tethering. VLine VL2 offers offline maps and music options for certain music app plugins.

VLine Features

Voice Activation: Voice activation allows use of voice control over navigation with Google, Waze, Sygic and HereWeGo maps. Voice search is also available within music app plugins including Spotify, Web Radio, Pandora, Google Music, and local music as stored on USB stick / SD card and connected to VLine VL2.

Music Apps and Plugins: VLine VL2 for Lexus can play any music app as available in Google Play Store. However all VLine systems have built-in app plugins to create a unified environment with large display fonts and graphics for ease of use while driving. Plugins include Spotify, Pandora, Google Music and Web Radio (VLine own radio app that is similar to TuneIn).

Navigation Apps: Install any map app from Google Play Store including Google, Waze, Sigyc, HereWeGo. Set default navigation map app for quick access via voice activation and home launcher screen. Voice activation allows use of voice control over navigation with Google, Waze, Sygic and HereWeGo maps. Use Lexus stereo buttons and touchscreen to use these apps.

Other apps: Install any app available at Google Play store or sideload your preferred app. Note that not all apps are optimized for driving. Install safely and responsibly.

WiFi Connectivity: WiFi connectivity is required to use the majority of VLine apps and Maps. VLine can connect to the internet via WiFi either using Smartphone internet tethering or standalone mobile data hotspot / modem and data plan.

Bluetooth: Bluetooth A2DP music streaming is available for most Smartphones with cover art and title support.

High Sound Quality: VLine uses Lexus factory car stereo sound system for pure crystal-clear sound.

Firmware: Firmware upgrades are available within VLine system and downloaded over WiFi or USB. It is recommended that you update your VLine VL2 firmware as it is made available.

More info is available at https://gromaudio.com/vline/index.html and https://gromaudio.com/vline/video.html

We are happy to answer to your questions!
Old 03-18-18, 06:02 AM
jlopez3983
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Questions

Will this work with 16 is350 with nav? Will it replace or work as a secondary unit? Do you have a demo of this? Are you looking for a tester?
Old 03-19-18, 12:32 AM
isfvss
Racer

Watching the first video makes me wonder why accidents happen, keep your eye on the road.
Old 03-19-18, 10:23 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by jlopez3983
Will this work with 16 is350 with nav? Will it replace or work as a secondary unit? Do you have a demo of this? Are you looking for a tester?
Hello, yes VLine Vl2 will work on Lexus IS350 with navigation. The compatible model is LEX8VL2
https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/grom-vl2-lex8.html

It will not replace your factory car stereo, it will work as the car stereo add-on and will utilize the existing stereo's screen and fully integrate with car stereo and steering wheel controls, as well as all speakers and amps in your vehicle. It connects at the back of your stereo and display via video and interface cables. No need to splice into anything.

All existing factory functions will keep working (Bluetooth, factory nav, etc...)

Per demo, please visit the page here:
https://gromaudio.com/vline/video.html

You will see a lots of videos with the different functionality of VLine as well as the set up videos.

Per testers, we are interested in inviting people to beta-test VLine that reside close to our R&D office in Belmont, CA, 94002. If you live next to us and interested to participate in our beta-test program, you can send us the request at:
https://gromaudio.com/support.html
Old 03-19-18, 04:30 PM
jlopez3983
Rookie

Just to be certain i can use my oem... i guess you would call it a mouse and buttons will function on my screen as well. I would like to see this functioning in a 14+ is350 before spending 500 on this unit if possible. What is the return policy?
Old 03-19-18, 04:54 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Just to be certain i can use my oem... i guess you would call it a mouse and buttons will function on my screen as well. I would like to see this functioning in a 14+ is350 before spending 500 on this unit if possible. What is the return policy?
We will have a demo in a few days on this stereo. Yes it will work on the mouse and buttons.
Per return policy, VLine comes with 30 days money back guarantee from the date when you receive the product. It also has 18 month manufacturer warranty.
We are US based company, located in CA.
More info is at https://gromaudio.com
Old 03-22-18, 06:16 AM
Marcin
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what version of Android is running the new VL2?
Old 03-22-18, 09:50 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by Marcin
what version of Android is running the new VL2?
It is Android 7.1 Nougat
Old 03-31-18, 12:00 AM
getdatbeef
Driver School Candidate

Hi Grom,
I have a few questions:
1. If I am streaming music through bluetooth (phone) using A2DP, would I be able to change tracks using the up down key on the steering wheel (seek track) or would I have to change on the phone or the Vline system?
2. Are we able to switch between stock/OEM operating system and Android?
3. Using Android Auto, are we able to still use A2DP to stream using the phone?
4. Using A2DP, will this display Asian characters too?
5. What happens when you reverse? Does it revert to the Lexus operating system?
6. You have 30 days money back guarantee so are we able to cancel the order if we don't like what we see in the demo?

Thanks!
Beef
Old 04-02-18, 09:39 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by getdatbeef
Hi Grom,
I have a few questions:
1. If I am streaming music through bluetooth (phone) using A2DP, would I be able to change tracks using the up down key on the steering wheel (seek track) or would I have to change on the phone or the Vline system?
2. Are we able to switch between stock/OEM operating system and Android?
3. Using Android Auto, are we able to still use A2DP to stream using the phone?
4. Using A2DP, will this display Asian characters too?
5. What happens when you reverse? Does it revert to the Lexus operating system?
6. You have 30 days money back guarantee so are we able to cancel the order if we don't like what we see in the demo?

Thanks!
Beef
Hello Beef,
1. To change the tracks when music is playing via A2DP Bluetooth streaming you can use your steering wheel controls, car stereo buttons, screen (VLine) and your phone - per your choice.
2. Yes you can go back to stock system at any time.
3. Android Auto is not supported by GROM VLine VL2.
4. Yes Asian characters are supported with A2DP.
5. When you use reverse the screen reverts back to Lexus operating system and the camera works as normal.
6. If you place the preorder now you can cancel any time before the order ships. You also have 30 days after you receive the system to return the product back for the refund.

You can check demo videos here:
and https://gromaudio.com/vline/index.html

The videos there are made on VLine VL1, however the main functionality and user interface are same for VLine VL2. If there is the other demo video that you would like to see - let us know.

Thank you.
Old 04-16-18, 08:02 PM
riceviper
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interested but we only have iphones.... how does this unit work with iphones, and does it have apple car play?
Old 04-17-18, 03:42 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by riceviper
Very interested but we only have iphones.... how does this unit work with iphones, and does it have apple car play?
VLine System is standalone and does not need the phone to function. The phone is used only with Bluetooth streaming or if you plan to tether the internet data. Foch such purpose both iPhone or Android will work.
More info is available at https://gromaudio.com/vline/

Thank you.
Old 04-20-18, 09:49 AM
jlopez3983
Rookie

Have you guys created any videos of the 3rd Gen is350 14+ yet? I was waiting for videos to see if i wanted to purchase the unit on the pre-order, but missed the date because there were no updates.
Old 05-01-18, 06:15 AM
Oprime
Driver School Candidate

Default 2015 rx350

Just picked up a used lexus with Nav last week. Don't think I have a touchscreen tho. Wish there was a demo in a 2015 RX350
Old 05-01-18, 09:58 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Have you guys created any videos of the 3rd Gen is350 14+ yet? I was waiting for videos to see if i wanted to purchase the unit on the pre-order, but missed the date because there were no updates.
It is still possible to save a little, the early bird preorder period is over, however there is still the preorder with the discounted pricing of $519.99, until May 15th.
https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/grom-vl2-lex8.html

We do have the videos that we made with the stereo on the bench:
Google Maps and Music:

Music Apps:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Next Gen VLine VL2 for Apps and Maps is on preorder