Sponsored by:

Lexus NX dome light connectors pinout

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-17, 08:52 AM
eragon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus NX dome light connectors pinout

Hi guys, nice to be part of your forum as a NX owner. This is my first post!
I installed a dashcam directly to the connector of the dome light in te NX for bias.
It is fully integrated and the 12V-5V converter is sticked in the space surrounding the dome in the roof, so no extra cable is needed to go throght the A pillar or so.
My problem is that the schemes I have do not have the full pinout of connectors in the dome lights, only several BAT lines are known. There are lots of pins in the onnectors J6 and J7 I dont know what they are. I have connected to a BAT line but I would like to connect to a ACC line so it is off as the ingnition turn off. Does any one have schema or pinout for the dome lights connectors?
Thank you very much in advance.

Old 08-01-17, 11:52 PM
lilboi
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd recommend tapping off the fuse box for the acc line instead of your map light. It's really no trouble feeding wires through your a-pillar and to the fusebox below it.
Use Add-a-fuse to tap into the line and connect it the 12v to usb adapter you listed.
I purchased this
add-a-fuse add-a-fuse
and this
ausb adapter ausb adapter

Originally Posted by eragon
Hi guys, nice to be part of your forum as a NX owner. This is my first post!
I installed a dashcam directly to the connector of the dome light in te NX for bias.
It is fully integrated and the 12V-5V converter is sticked in the space surrounding the dome in the roof, so no extra cable is needed to go throght the A pillar or so.
My problem is that the schemes I have do not have the full pinout of connectors in the dome lights, only several BAT lines are known. There are lots of pins in the onnectors J6 and J7 I dont know what they are. I have connected to a BAT line but I would like to connect to a ACC line so it is off as the ingnition turn off. Does any one have schema or pinout for the dome lights connectors?
Thank you very much in advance.