Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Enform App Logout Problem FIXED! (maybe)

Old 06-24-17, 01:20 PM
5PM
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Enform App Logout Problem FIXED! (for real!)

I just posted this in the App Store:

OK, pay attention...the seriously dangerous logging out issue appears to have been fixed, but please continue...

1) Nobody at Lexus Enform is reading these reviews. Do I know this with certainly? Yes. So I'm writing this to you, my fellow sufferers.
2) Lexus E-mail support does respond, but they don't have current information.
3) Last week I called the Lexus 800 number and a very nice person took a detailed bug report about the Enform App logging itself out at least once a day (and some times a lot more).
4) Within 24 hours, the problem appears to have vanished. My iPhone SE has stayed logged in, even through restarts, for three days now.

What does this tell us?

First, it tells us that a gigantic corporation has lost an incredible amount of goodwill over a server switch setting. Can I be certain that it was my phone call that got them to fix it? No, but it's a very reasonable assumption based on the evidence I have so far.

Second, do not underestimate the value of a phone call in this text-based world we live in. If nobody reads these and nobody knows or cares about 1 star ratings, nothing will ever get fixed.

If you can confirm the problem is gone for you, please let me know in your own review. I'm tentatively upgrading my rating to 3 stars (because the app is still pretty bad in many other ways), but at least it can be used safely again.

Thanks for READING this!

Last edited by 5PM; 10-12-17 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Update
Old 07-05-17, 06:00 PM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

It is not working at all here. Called them twice, it took several hours. I was told the issue is solved. However, when I log in, I am stuck at the page of pin resetting over and over again (android system here).

Their conclusion is that it is my phone issue lol they told me they tried my account in a Iphone and it worked fine. So , it must be my phone's problem. Iol
1st, it used to work on my phone. 2nd, I am not gonna change a phone just to suit this app. I am very disappointed. I would rate -5 if I could.

I am glad your problem is solved tho.
Old 07-10-17, 07:41 AM
5PM
Driver

>I am glad your problem is solved tho.

Well, that remains to be seen. Since I first posted on this, the problem came back after more than two weeks of perfect operation. I called again and spent 30 minutes talking to a CS rep, who seems to have understood the issue fairly well. The real problem seems to be in technical support. I don't think the phone/app guys are talking to whoever runs their servers. This is absolutely not a phone problem, it can't be. Something is happening, probably during regular server maintenance, that is creating the logout problem and whoever is supporting the app doesn't know or understand this. All they really need to do is restore support for stored e-mail/password. Why they can't get that done is inexplicable to me; this isn't a banking or trading app.
Old 07-10-17, 09:12 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

I see a lot of people having issues with the Enform apps. At my dealership we get a lot of complaints about the apps but there is nothing we can do. It's something Lexus needs to fix as soon as possible. It's never the phone that is the problem to be honest. It's the apps with all the issues.

Hopefully they start to listen to the poor reviews and get the app working better and fix all these bugs.
Old 07-15-17, 02:04 PM
5PM
Driver

Update: since about 24 hours after my second call to customer service on 7/10, the logout problem has vanished (again). The app stays logged in, even if I restart the phone, or kill the app and restart it. We'll see how long it lasts this time. More evidence that this is a systems management issue, not a phone or app issue.
Old 07-24-17, 07:50 AM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PM
Update: since about 24 hours after my second call to customer service on 7/10, the logout problem has vanished (again). The app stays logged in, even if I restart the phone, or kill the app and restart it. We'll see how long it lasts this time. More evidence that this is a systems management issue, not a phone or app issue.
then I am glad your problem is solved again
Old 07-30-17, 10:54 AM
djgrabow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having this same issue, can someone provide the best telephone number to get this fixed?
Old 07-31-17, 09:40 AM
5PM
Driver

Originally Posted by djgrabow
I am having this same issue, can someone provide the best telephone number to get this fixed?
Did you see the logout problem during the last week? I've been logged out only twice since I called Lexus on 7/6, which is reasonable and probably consistent with server maintenance. My theory (and it's only a theory, as I haven't talked to anyone at Lexus who can confirm it) is that this is a server-side problem that has nothing to do with phones or phone apps, so everyone should either see the problem or not see it.

The number to call is: (800) 255-3987
Old 10-12-17, 09:17 AM
5PM
Driver

Here's an update: the logout problem appears to be permanently fixed. My observation is that it happens very rarely now, which is gratifying as I spent close to two hours on the phone with Lexus getting them to understand it was a server-side problem. Even more importantly, the Enform app update V2.15.61 that came out last week restores Keychain functionality, so it's now possible to log back in with reasonable safety.

Yay. But it's still pretty damn incredible that this whole mess happened in the first place.