Sponsored by:

GROM VLine Infotainment is now available for Gen 3 and Gen 4

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-16, 04:07 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts
Default GROM VLine Infotainment is now available for Gen 3 and Gen 4

Happy to announce that we started pre-sale for select Lexus Gen 3 and Gen 4 stereos, for VLine Lexus infotainment system. Target ship date is December 1st.
http://gromaudio.com/store/vline/

Check out if yours is compatible!

VLine Lexus Infotainment System Upgrade in Gen 4 Lexus NAV stereo

Beta-test short clip:
(sorry - not connected to the speakers)
Old 11-11-16, 06:27 AM
exmeaguy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$499 is way too high for the 2006 - 2009 model years. If they bring the price down to $299 to match the earlier years then it becomes more palatable. Otherwise, they must not need the business.
Old 11-11-16, 07:26 AM
Bobomo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will this work with the newly released version of Android Auto that works natively on the Android device?

Also, what are the connectivity options for those of us who cannot tether?
Old 11-14-16, 05:04 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

still testing it with the stand alone Android Auto.
As for the hot spot, you can get a data plan from your provider and the hot spot such as the one here: http://www.alcatelonetouch.us/alcate...k-w800-hotspot
Thank you.
Old 11-15-16, 05:23 PM
aristo1987
Pole Position

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Got any vid of this running on a 2006 gs300?

A vid would be great and would convince alot of 06 gs300 owners to purchase one. Thanks!

Originally Posted by gromaudio
still testing it with the stand alone Android Auto.
As for the hot spot, you can get a data plan from your provider and the hot spot such as the one here: http://www.alcatelonetouch.us/alcate...k-w800-hotspot
Thank you.
Old 12-10-16, 01:56 PM
Bobomo
Driver School Candidate

Does this support aptX on the connection between the phone and unit?
Old 02-08-17, 04:12 PM
wildta
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by exmeaguy
$499 is way too high for the 2006 - 2009 model years. If they bring the price down to $299 to match the earlier years then it becomes more palatable. Otherwise, they must not need the business.
Trust me, even at $300 it's not worth all the bugs that still come with it. If I were you, I would wait and subscribe to this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-vline-26.html
The following users liked this post:
exmeaguy (02-08-17)
Old 12-16-18, 10:26 PM
IronNam
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

excuse my language but JFC, I've managed to do a factory reset on my VLine V1 and I had to manually load update #22 onto a USB drive.

After that was finally done, I had to wait forever to get the Gapps downloaded and installed.

Did a fresh reboot and let everything settle along with the long sign in process of Google Accounts.

Fresh reboot again.
1. Tapping on the screen is accurate. Except the lower half. If I pinpoint the bottom of the screen, it'll tap anything 4-5mm above it. Is there ANY way we can recalibrate the ISF touchscreen?
2. Is it just me or does anyone else's 2011 navigation screen not swipe? It's embarrassing having to use ****ing arrows to go up or down.
3. Before my factory reset, Google Play had issues downloading/ updating ANY apps. For this, I shall refer to them as APKs. I could barely download roughly 3-4mb's worth of any app... namely Google Maps, Youtube, and Amazon Music, my three big hitters. After that, it stalls and stays there forever.
4. After factory reset and FINALLY getting gapps installed and the Play Store set up, I'm still in the same boat after a VLine reboot. If I download an apps, it'll say Download Pending...

For ****'s sake, I'm going to pay $300-400 for something I don't even know will be better than the V1? ****ing ridiculous.
Old 12-17-18, 08:07 AM
wildta
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IronNam
excuse my language but JFC, I've managed to do a factory reset on my VLine V1 and I had to manually load update #22 onto a USB drive.

After that was finally done, I had to wait forever to get the Gapps downloaded and installed.

Did a fresh reboot and let everything settle along with the long sign in process of Google Accounts.

Fresh reboot again.
1. Tapping on the screen is accurate. Except the lower half. If I pinpoint the bottom of the screen, it'll tap anything 4-5mm above it. Is there ANY way we can recalibrate the ISF touchscreen?
2. Is it just me or does anyone else's 2011 navigation screen not swipe? It's embarrassing having to use ****ing arrows to go up or down.
3. Before my factory reset, Google Play had issues downloading/ updating ANY apps. For this, I shall refer to them as APKs. I could barely download roughly 3-4mb's worth of any app... namely Google Maps, Youtube, and Amazon Music, my three big hitters. After that, it stalls and stays there forever.
4. After factory reset and FINALLY getting gapps installed and the Play Store set up, I'm still in the same boat after a VLine reboot. If I download an apps, it'll say Download Pending...

For ****'s sake, I'm going to pay $300-400 for something I don't even know will be better than the V1? ****ing ridiculous.
TBH, you might be better off skipping GAPPS, then sideloading head unit reloaded (HUR). From there just use Android Auto on your phone and plug it into VLINE. YouTube doesn't work on AA so probably sideload that too. Vline can barely handle it's own OS so adding GAPP on top just bogs it down. Give it a try. I think I might have outlined it a little better in one of my older posts. Also, I very much agree with your frustration with Vline... it's a half-a$$ed product for the price.
Old 03-15-19, 08:27 AM
badbwoy007
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

So if you buy one SD card, it's $19.48 shipped. If you buy 2 ($29.96), it's free shipping. How does that even make sense. Lol!

Has anyone pulled the trigger on getting the SD card?

Last edited by badbwoy007; 03-15-19 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-05-19, 05:14 AM
rijn
Rookie

Has anyone tested iOS 13 developer beta with the GROM VL1 or VL2? I have the VL1 and recall either iOS 11 or 12 breaking CarPlay compatibility with it.