Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Frequency Response Output - 4th Gen GS 350 Mark Levinson

Old 11-29-16, 09:30 AM
mjrudick
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Frequency Response Output - 4th Gen GS 350 Mark Levinson

Does anyone know if the front door woofers in a 2014 GS 350 w/ Mark Levinson receive frequency all the way down to 20Hz, or do those front door speakers receive a high-passed signal? Looking to combine the front left & right dash and door speaker-level outputs through a MiniDSP C-DSP 6X8 (which only has 4 channels of speaker-level inputs), combine the signals in the MiniDSP, then output line level separately for a dash tweeter, door speaker, and a subwoofer. However, if the front door speakers are high-passed, I will have to use a separate unit, such as an Audio Control LC7i to combine the door woofers with the subwoofer PRIOR to entering MiniDSP. Thanks.
Old 12-01-16, 11:54 PM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

I can tell u they will not go down to 20hz. 20hz is a low frequency, also the crossover point is pretty high. What are u trying to achieve? I have a helix dsp pro in my GS.
Old 12-02-16, 05:36 AM
mjrudick
Driver

Originally Posted by Rozay604
I can tell u they will not go down to 20hz. 20hz is a low frequency, also the crossover point is pretty high. What are u trying to achieve? I have a helix dsp pro in my GS.
Not trying to get 20Hz out of the existing front door speaker itself, but trying to get 20Hz out of the signal. Not sure if the ML system electronically high-passes that signal to the door speakers, or just lets the door speakers roll off the lower octaves naturally. I guess I could take the door panel off, paly some test tracks with fixed frequencies and see if the speaker's excursion lessens below a fixed point.

Ultimately, what I am trying to achieve is to replace the front door left/right speakers with an aftermarket woofer, replace thefront dash left/right speakers with an aftermarket tweeter, add an amp to power both, add an amp to power an aftermarket subwoofer, and add DSP control, such as the miniDSP C-DSP 6X8. That miniDSP is limited to 2 pairs of line level inputs - if it had three, I would simply connect the ML front dash, front door, and rear deck woofer and my problem would be solved. It is a given that the speaker level signal for both the front dash and front door left/right speaker pairs be included into the signal into the miniDSP C-DSP 6X8. What I'm not certain, and the reason for the question, is whether or not I needed to sum the front door ML woofer speaker level signal with the rear deck ML sub speaker level signal to get the full 20Hz spectrum.

I just wanted to make sure the miniDSP is fed a full-spectrum (20Hz-20kHz) signal. If that means combining the ML sub speaker level signal WITH the front door woofer speaker level signal, so be it - it just means that I would have to incorporate another piece of equipment to my install (more expense, another point of failure, another piece adding noise, etc). Thanks.
Old 12-02-16, 02:33 PM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

I can't tell u how many hz the front speaker will do but I can tell u that the front door speaker has a full range output if that helps.
Old 12-05-16, 12:41 PM
mjrudick
Driver

Originally Posted by Rozay604
...I can tell u that the front door speaker has a full range output if that helps.
That does help. That piece of information simplifies my installation and cuts times and expense. Thanks.