Sponsored by:

Arc Audio PS8 digital signal processor

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-12, 05:14 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Arc Audio PS8 digital signal processor

anybody here have the SP8 or know someone who does? how do you (or they) like it, any comment on this processor? feedback is appreciated. thx

for those who want to know what i'm talking about, i'm referring to this component:

http://www.arcaudio.com/Downloads/AR...w_Complete.pdf

Last edited by Stormforge; 07-31-12 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-31-12, 06:39 PM
AudioBob
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think that it has been released for sale as of yet.
Old 08-01-12, 01:23 PM
rajeev6
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Impressive

Wow! looks highly impressive - wonder how much will it cost!
Old 08-01-12, 05:13 PM
AudioBob
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that it looks very promising. I think MSRP is around $900 so I would expect the street price to be lower.
Old 09-09-12, 04:47 AM
invictuz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
anybody here have the SP8 or know someone who does? how do you (or they) like it, any comment on this processor? feedback is appreciated. thx

for those who want to know what i'm talking about, i'm referring to this component:

http://www.arcaudio.com/Downloads/AR...w_Complete.pdf
Pre-ordered mine last week.
Was told they begin shipping on the 24th of this month.
Hopefully have it installed a couple weeks after it arrives.
Old 09-10-12, 08:57 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by invictuz
Pre-ordered mine last week.
Was told they begin shipping on the 24th of this month.
Hopefully have it installed a couple weeks after it arrives.
let me know what you think after you have it installed and had a chance to tune and listen. thx!
Old 09-10-12, 12:53 PM
invictuz
Driver School Candidate

let me know what you think after you have it installed and had a chance to tune and listen. thx!
Wilco.

Gonna try and put a video together during the initial setup / configuration.

I have the AC DQL-8 w/ddc and i could not get hte sound i was looking for or expected from the rest of my gear.

After some research i decided to step up to a processesor...
Looked long and hard at
  • MS8
  • AH800
  • Bit One
  • 6to8
  • 3Sixty.3

Then as i was getting ready to pull the trigger on the Bit One someone mentioned the PS8....

it looks like it will cover all my bases and do laundry.

Only draw back i could find was bluetooth not included.
Old 11-10-12, 08:10 PM
invictuz
Driver School Candidate

When i got my PS8 i had not yet completed the rebuild of my audio system.
Replacing everything but the ML head unit took a bit longer than anticipated.

I finally got everything and installed the PS8 about 3 weeks ago.

I am still in the process of fine tuning it but from my initial impressions i love it.
It solved all the issues i could not with the DQL-8 and LC8.

Once i got the gains under control and the routes lined up i started noticing the little things in music again (inhales, pick raked across strings, etc..)

With the UI installed on a tablet and a 12' usb running from rear to front its easy to start configuring...every page of the ui has a mute feature for individual and group mutes that helps adjusting.

Right now i am trying to build a link between the ML SPDIF and the TOSLink input of the PS8.
Testing it in about 10 min.

Right now i give a 9 of 10 as a solution to get good clean sound from an ML head and aftermarket everything else.
( -1 point for not having a true center channel output and only having 6 channels of inputs

Save often.
Old 11-12-12, 11:24 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

I am still in the process of fine tuning it but from my initial impressions i love it.

Once i got the gains under control and the routes lined up i started noticing the little things in music again (inhales, pick raked across strings, etc..)

With the UI installed on a tablet and a 12' usb running from rear to front its easy to start configuring...every page of the ui has a mute feature for individual and group mutes that helps adjusting.

Right now i am trying to build a link between the ML SPDIF and the TOSLink input of the PS8.

Right now i give a 9 of 10 as a solution to get good clean sound from an ML head and aftermarket everything else.
( -1 point for not having a true center channel output and only having 6 channels of inputs

Save often.
good info, thx for posting your feedback!

i hear you on the center channel output, my audio salesman also mentioned that as well. i need to do more research and think about the ps8 some more on whether it will meed my needs or not.
Old 02-24-13, 07:11 PM
silverlexg
Driver

Save often.
Would you be up for a call to discuss how you have integrated your PS8? I have a 2010 ISF with ML that i'm kinda ok with the audio and I know the ML is a bear to do anything with. I have a 600 watt ARC audio amp and IDQ 12 (Sealed) today that adds some bass but i cant really control anything - and of course the ML mid/bass is just terrible really. If the PS8 works well and retains factory options like the Nav Voice, BT, Hands Free etc It may be a good option. What amps etc are you using? How did you integrate it? Did you replace factory interior speakers? Sub? Sorry.. lots of question :-)

I have a build together here if you want to see what I have today :-) Love to get more info on your build. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...b-install.html

Please PM if you have time to chat about your setup.
- Andrew
Old 03-16-13, 06:35 AM
invictuz
Driver School Candidate

Red face

Originally Posted by silverlexg
Would you be up for a call to discuss how you have integrated your PS8? I have a 2010 ISF with ML that i'm kinda ok with the audio and I know the ML is a bear to do anything with. I have a 600 watt ARC audio amp and IDQ 12 (Sealed) today that adds some bass but i cant really control anything - and of course the ML mid/bass is just terrible really. If the PS8 works well and retains factory options like the Nav Voice, BT, Hands Free etc It may be a good option. What amps etc are you using? How did you integrate it? Did you replace factory interior speakers? Sub? Sorry.. lots of question :-)

I have a build together here if you want to see what I have today :-) Love to get more info on your build. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...b-install.html

Please PM if you have time to chat about your setup.
- Andrew
Sorry for the late reply;
I will give a quick answer now, and more detail in a couple days once i complete the build log.

I "replaced" everything but the ML DVD/Nav touchscreen/player and center channel speaker (only thing left running through ML amp)

The front doors are Rainbow Profi 365 w/kick and upgraded the tweeters from the Cal 26 to the Cal 27s.
Additionally each front door has a DLS Gothia 3" midrange
Rear fill is an old set of Focal 165 CVX.
I am still playing with subs: i tried a single JL 12w7 in a spec/tuned box.
I am running a JL 10w3 right now
In the end though i think i am going to get 1 to 3 sundown 8"s

Amps:
1xPPI 404 (art) powering DLS 3" and Rainbow Profi 4"
1xPPI 404 (art) powering Rainbow Profi CAL27 tweeter and Focal rear fill
1xPPI 600 (art) powering Rainbow Profi 6.5" woofers,
1xOrion 2500d powering sub (replacing soon)(though i may replace all with audison or genisis)
the arc audio ps8
Yellow top up front, yellow top in back.
365amp Mechman alternator
0 gauge in the right places,

with this configuration i still have BT and Nav. (in hindsight the trouble to keep them was probably not worth the effort as newer decks have better nav and newer BT version with larger touchscreen)

the install (still not complete) took much longer than originally scoped. This was caused by a combination of lexus/ML learning curve and i got 80% complete 6 times...then realized there was a better way to do it..so i would pull it all out and start again

this weekend i am running the oscilliscope over the gains and crossovers.

I will post another update when done.

david
Old 03-17-13, 06:16 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

definitely send me info on how the PS8 works with the ML amp(i'm also lookin at the 3sixty.3)..i've done a full system swap an i'm only missing better integration to the amp.. an i really need more eq control
Old 01-03-14, 03:39 PM
danno14
Driver School Candidate

an old thread.....

Last edited by danno14; 01-04-14 at 06:08 PM.