Sponsored by:

04 LS430 with ML systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-13, 05:09 PM
KStrong
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 04 LS430 with ML systems

Hey CL members. I am new here so I must apologize for the likely duplicate posting. However, I am really struggling to find out the info I am looking for. I have been searching, and picking up tidbits here and there, but I was hoping someone can point me to some resources.

I am looking to swap out my system for bigger and far better. My car has the ML system and NAV. I have a Kenwood 790 DVD I would liketo swap in order to add all my amps, etc. So far, I have truggled to find a wiring harness. The one I have found looks pretty cool, but I havent really researched it fully yet.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/stereo/s...c-mva-24l.html

Pretty cool if it does everything, but man thats an expensive interface! I love the integration of factory NAV. Retaining steering wheel is a must. That seems to be another issue...finding a harnes that swaps out the entire system. Seems like PAC, Axxis, and all the others just simply dont support this car

At any rate, at this point I looking to learn and understand the ML system in my car. More importantly, I am looking to learn what my options are to make it actually sound good

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Keith
Old 07-15-13, 05:18 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

1st..Welcome to CL...

2nd that harness should take care of your issue rather well(head unit swap only)... as far as the Ls is concerned its an uphill battle.i'd stick with name brand products to secure the sound your looking for... if you plan on a full system swap you'll need the dash kit an then do a full rewire.. make sure to use 100% OFC copper wire companies have opted for CCA (copper clad aluminum) which has higher resistance an will cause a ton of audio issues..but its cheap..pure copper costs but the difference is priceless..

good luck..post pics of your progress
Old 07-16-13, 09:24 PM
KStrong
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I found more stuff. Didn't think to look in the ls430 forum instead of audio.

It looks like this really is the kit I need. Does anyone know if it also unlocks the NAV?