Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Easiest way to disable original alarm system?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-13, 12:18 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Easiest way to disable original alarm system?

My alarm was fine when I got the car...but now all of a sudden it's been bugging out going crazy for no reason. I pretty much can't lock the doors in my car for more then 30 minutes as the alarm will sound for no apparent reason. I have a 92 SC 400 with a 93 SC 400 engine in it. The other day I had the car at my bosses house to switch vehicles...my alarm went off and he said it was going off all day for about 8 hours straight. I have a switch under my steering wheel to turn it off, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any tips or tutorials on how to disable it permanently? I plan to buy an after market one in a few months when I get it the car all fixed up and running mint, but until then I'd like to just disable this.

For the record, it didn't start doing this until I reset the ECU on my car... I searched threads but didn't find anything.
Old 03-04-13, 05:39 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

oem alarm disarm is a green wire in the drivers side kick panel..ground it once to turn off the alarm.. then after that find the trunk pin wire its red/white/silver dot in the drivers running board an ground it permanently that "should" deactivate the oem alarm.. other than that u can drop the dash an try to locate the oem alarm and unplug it..
Old 03-10-13, 02:22 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

thanks for the tip gonna try it tomorrow
Old 03-18-13, 07:56 AM
PlotPoint
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
oem alarm disarm is a green wire in the drivers side kick panel..ground it once to turn off the alarm.. then after that find the trunk pin wire its red/white/silver dot in the drivers running board an ground it permanently that "should" deactivate the oem alarm.. other than that u can drop the dash an try to locate the oem alarm and unplug it..
First gen Lexus, LS400

I have a problem closing the trunk so the 'latch' clicks shut all the way. When I lock the car, the alarm is 'on' (the red light on the dash is on/flashes, I think). It's fine for awhile, but eventually the alarm goes off when the system realizes the trunk is not properly closed. I haven't timed it so I don't know how long it takes for the alarm to trigger.

Is there some way to remove the wire that controls JUST the trunk lid so when it's 'open' it won't trigger the car alarm? Or do I have to disable the entire alarm system to keep it from going off?

Also, what exactly do you mean by 'ground' the wire? Can you describe how in detail how to do that?

Info appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-18-13, 07:58 AM
PlotPoint
Driver

Also where is the driver's running board. Is that easily accessible? Tx.
Old 03-18-13, 06:57 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

1st "grounding" means connecting the wire in question to the metal chassis of the car (fyi the entire chassis holds a negative charge)

2nd the driver's running board is the channel under the trim and carpet that runs down the drivers side of the car starting in the kick panel to the rear of the car..it should be very easy to access as the panel is held in by plastic clips..start at one end (using plastic pry or flat head screwdriver using gently increasing pressure to release the panel)

3rd to disable the trunk pin simply cut that wire (separating it from the rest of the alarm) to deactivate the alarm "ground" the side of the wire going towards the front to the chassis and it "should" no longer arm upon locking
Old 03-19-13, 07:46 PM
PlotPoint
Driver

Ok, appreciate the info!
Old 04-06-13, 08:19 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

1st "grounding" means connecting the wire in question to the metal chassis of the car (fyi the entire chassis holds a negative charge)

2nd the driver's running board is the channel under the trim and carpet that runs down the drivers side of the car starting in the kick panel to the rear of the car..it should be very easy to access as the panel is held in by plastic clips..start at one end (using plastic pry or flat head screwdriver using gently increasing pressure to release the panel)

3rd to disable the trunk pin simply cut that wire (separating it from the rest of the alarm) to deactivate the alarm "ground" the side of the wire going towards the front to the chassis and it "should" no longer arm upon locking
Good advice, quick question for you. What about the phone system in the car? My car's phone audio can sometimes be heard, not sure if it was because I reset the ECU as when I got the car I didn't even know about it, but ever since I reset it the phone beeps from time to time....very annoying. The phone isn't plugged in either it's gone, but the steering wheel has two phone buttons which I accidentally hit on...
Old 04-07-13, 06:11 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

need to find the phone systems brain(most likely in trunk) an disconnect it.. or at least pull fuse to it..
Old 04-17-24, 09:50 AM
hankS
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you sure its red white and silver? Thats a large tight bunch and i havent found t

cant find red white silver yet