Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:
Old 12-15-14, 12:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

How to fully integrate your smartphone in a Lexus: Mirror iPhone & Android screens

Old 06-26-14, 12:12 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chriscarte
Has anyone got the IVIC-I to work with the navigation touch screen when mirroring?

I have a jail broken phone with the BTC Mouse of Matthias Ringwald yet still cannot get it to work. I've tested with a blue tooth mouse and have seen the arrow but I cannot get the navigation screen to act as a track pad. Every time I touch the screen the black bar on the right pops out with the source select icon with the setting icon on the top grayed out.

whitetooth - it seems as if you have gotten the nav touch screen to work while mirroring, is there a trick?

Thanks,
Chris
Do you really mean iVIC-i ? I described iVIC-5D with jailbroken iPhone. If something is not working, I would always connect the devices, disable BT, reboot them completely and pair again.

As you know, Apple releases any software and also hardware which is running on or connected to their devices. And if you watch the announcements carefully you can see their policy. And this clearly exclude a mirroring of iPhone screens on navigation displays.

Only those functions are working which are secure while driving. This makes sense and supports the "Don't text and drive" invitation.

iVIC-i is released by Apple and it will not support unreleased functions. iVIC-D is not released by Apple as it is made for Android. That's why you can mirror an iPhone on iVIC-D if BT is connected and landscape orientation is possible. If you can't, you need to try different software versions including old ones unfortunately. I never tested iOS 7 jailbreak because I'm sure the Vaistech app has enough functions or will have after the next updates.

Maybe, it is a good idea to discuss what you are missing and how to get it.
Old 12-20-14, 02:18 PM
Fenna10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whitetooth
Do you really mean iVIC-i ? I described iVIC-5D with jailbroken iPhone. If something is not working, I would always connect the devices, disable BT, reboot them completely and pair again.

As you know, Apple releases any software and also hardware which is running on or connected to their devices. And if you watch the announcements carefully you can see their policy. And this clearly exclude a mirroring of iPhone screens on navigation displays.

Only those functions are working which are secure while driving. This makes sense and supports the "Don't text and drive" invitation.

iVIC-i is released by Apple and it will not support unreleased functions. iVIC-D is not released by Apple as it is made for Android. That's why you can mirror an iPhone on iVIC-D if BT is connected and landscape orientation is possible. If you can't, you need to try different software versions including old ones unfortunately. I never tested iOS 7 jailbreak because I'm sure the Vaistech app has enough functions or will have after the next updates.

Maybe, it is a good idea to discuss what you are missing and how to get it.
I'm in the same boat. I can't get the arrow on my Nav screen, but it does show when I've paired it with my trackpad. Have you had any luck getting it to work? I've got a 2011 GS350. 6th gen nav. iOS 8.
Old 12-21-14, 09:02 PM
VJlexus
Driver School Candidate

Guys,

Any idea if the IVIC6D works well with the newer Android devives with kiTKat? I have a Galaxy Note 4 and want to use IVIC on my 2011 IS250. Appreciate any feedback

Thanks
Old 01-04-15, 07:27 PM
Fenna10
Driver School Candidate

No need to wait as all parts are available!

1. Vaistech iVIC 5D
2. iPhone5
3. Lightning Digital AV Adapter
4. SBRotator 6 Cydia Tweak

5. Bluetooth Stack
6. SunshineTronic or similar High Speed HDMI A male to A male cable
7. Angle 90 Degree - HDMI Male to Female Adapter
(See attached image for parts 6 and 7)

iPhone 5 connection to the navigation screen is identical to the TV connection via HDMI and the iVIC bluetooth connection to the iPhone is from technical perspective a mouse steering. I recommend to test the mouse functionality with a normal bluetooth mouse. If this is working, it is working while connected to the iVIC. Vaistech iVIC lets you adjust the mouse pointer in custom settings, see manual.

However, remember my video snapshot which is made for good reasons. Oh no, it is not about the fingerprints from the other side of the glass (LOL). You see he wants to break free. Yes, leave the jail, break was never so easy for a man (with an iPhone).
So for an iPhone 6 I need the iVIC-6D and not iVIC-6i to get the moist pointer for a 6th gen nav??? My iphone is jail broken.
Old 01-05-15, 06:56 AM
chriscarte
Driver School Candidate

Default Update

I just wanted to update the group. I am currently running IOS 8 jailbroken with Little Brother and the BTC Mouse & Trackpad with a Ivic - 5DR. The Ivic has to be in Android mode in order to allow bluetooth pairing with the trackpad. Everything works pretty good especially with Little Brother rotating the screen and making the icons smaller (allows more on each page).

Good luck!

Chris
Old 01-12-15, 07:54 PM
Fenna10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chriscarte
I just wanted to update the group. I am currently running IOS 8 jailbroken with Little Brother and the BTC Mouse & Trackpad with a Ivic - 5DR. The Ivic has to be in Android mode in order to allow bluetooth pairing with the trackpad. Everything works pretty good especially with Little Brother rotating the screen and making the icons smaller (allows more on each page).

Good luck!

Chris
How do you go into Android mode? Should I have gotten the iVIC-6D instead of the iVIC-6i to be able to pair my trackpad?
Old 02-16-15, 08:56 AM
keyur246
Driver

Is the new Ivic 5DR compatible with the iphone 6 running ios8? Also, if I dont jailbreak, can I still mirror my phone to the nav screen? Im not concerned about using the nav touch to control the phone. For example, If I opened up netflix using my phone and put it in landscape mode, would it display on the nav? Thanks!
Old 02-27-15, 02:59 AM
Shikizaki
Driver School Candidate

You need jailbreak your iPhone for rotate, i think its crazy thing.
i know about good solution for integrate iphone or android to your car with OEM plugs and HDMI input
Old 03-01-15, 02:23 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by keyur246
Is the new Ivic 5DR compatible with the iphone 6 running ios8? Also, if I dont jailbreak, can I still mirror my phone to the nav screen? Im not concerned about using the nav touch to control the phone. For example, If I opened up netflix using my phone and put it in landscape mode, would it display on the nav? Thanks!
Yes, you can mirror your iPhone to the nav the same way you can mirror the mobile to a TV screen via HDML cable. Simply select HDMI in the Vaistech menu. If netflix works in landscape on the TV it is working in your Lexus, too. Try it at home, living room.
Old 03-01-15, 02:48 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Apple releases iOS apps and connected hardware. Good approach, perfect working. Same principle with iVIC. You move the "mouse without pointer" by touching the nav screen or touchpad. You can use the functions in the Vaistech app and you cannot use other apps such as typing emails while driving. Nothing wrong with such Apple limits. However, a jailbroken iPhone with iVIC for Android has no limits. All you need is an app which moves the "mouse without pointer" and such an app is not available at iTunes as you can imaging.

No need to test with iVIC-DR. Test at home with TV and BT mouse. iVIC combines both, TV screen and Bluetooth mouse.

Screen + bluetooth = whitetooth, not bluescreen (bs by M$), LOL
Old 03-01-15, 10:39 PM
Shikizaki
Driver School Candidate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OEB4...ature=youtu.be for example it is smartphone integration on lexus without Vais modules. you dont need jailbreak your smartphone. it possible in android too. and soon i demonstrate you wire method.
Old 03-02-15, 04:34 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shikizaki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OEB4...ature=youtu.be for example it is smartphone integration on lexus without Vais modules. you dont need jailbreak your smartphone. it possible in android too. and soon i demonstrate you wire method.
Right, it is not about mirror the screen, it is about using the touch screen or touch pad instead of the iPhone spring board.
Old 03-02-15, 04:39 AM
Shikizaki
Driver School Candidate

Right, it is not about mirror the screen, it is about using the touch screen or touch pad instead of the iPhone spring board.
you cant control iPhone by OEM touch, it is impossible, but your wersion with touch pad is good, but it is not correct in car i think, you try to do it?
Old 03-02-15, 12:13 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shikizaki
you cant control iPhone by OEM touch, it is impossible, but your wersion with touch pad is good, but it is not correct in car i think, you try to do it?
I didn't but see the solution of CJITTY
Old 03-02-15, 10:20 PM
Shikizaki
Driver School Candidate

I didn't but see the solution of CJITTY
standart solution, and dat mouse ^^ sorry but it is not convenient i think, for android you can buy android touch controller and connect your phone by DOC station with Rx/Tx outputs support, then you have good solution for control it from OEM, but your phone plecement not convenient ^^

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to fully integrate your smartphone in a Lexus: Mirror iPhone & Android screens