Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Pioneer AVH-P8400BH(2DIN) Installed in my Lexus ES 350!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-12, 04:18 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pioneer AVH-P8400BH(2DIN) Installed in my Lexus ES 350!!!

I would like to thank everyone in this forum for there invaluable information and experence in helping me come to this decision!! This is my first post, but ive been doing a lot of reading..

Old 12-25-12, 11:32 PM
rome58
Rookie

Clean looking install!!! How do you like the 8400 I was considering it just for the detach face but still went with the 4400
Old 12-26-12, 08:03 AM
twistedman
Rookie

Love the 8400!!! It was a toss up between getting the FLY Audio Unit, Kenwood DDX719, and the JVC KW-AV70BT.... Been to alot of car audio shops pressing buttons and checking out the functionality of all these HUs, and in my own opinion the Pioneer P8400BH is the Winner.

Heres a list of all the features that won me over... the 4400 is practically the same unit..

http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POC...rs/AVH-P8400BH

I was at DVN Lexus the other day getting my Transmittion fluid flushed and they too were very impressed with how clean(OEM) the install looked!!!
Old 12-26-12, 08:14 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^hey bro, that was a clean install...I like it! Thx for sharing!

steve
Old 12-26-12, 10:59 AM
rome58
Rookie

If you want you can also add navigation to the AVH series headunits, with the AVIC-U220
Old 12-26-12, 01:02 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Thanks for all the replies!!! For Navigation im currently using NavFree(Canada) via App Mode by plugging in my Iphone 4s using a cable that came with the Pioneer unit which ive stored away in my glove box..

Here are some pics!!!

Im also running one 12inch PolkAudio sub powered by a JL Audio 250/1 Series amp.. I must say sound quality inside my car sounds great with this HU, coupled with the base coming from my sub, all is GOOD!!!!

More pics!!!

In a couple of weeks i should have my back up camera installed!!!

[URL="[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lexus-ES350-Backup-Camera-Monitor/dp/B005TYF6RE"]"]
Im just waiting for it to arrive!!!
Old 12-26-12, 01:17 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

following this build, can't wait to see it with the back up cam installed. Looking good bro!

steve
Old 12-26-12, 02:03 PM
rome58
Rookie

Sweet!!!! The reverse cam is going to be my next add on also post up when you get it done
Old 12-26-12, 04:09 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice! I'm not a fan of double DINs and I like the way this looks in yours. Also very nice that there was an interface available that let you retain the steering wheels controls!
Old 12-26-12, 06:34 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Originally Posted by Slammer1
Very nice! I'm not a fan of double DINs and I like the way this looks in yours. Also very nice that there was an interface available that let you retain the steering wheels controls!
Thanks! Retaining the Steering wheel controls was extremely important for this set up! Especially with iPods and Sd cards with tons of files on them it makes it less distracting being able to navigate from track to track without taking your eyes off the road, or looking for the misplaced remote control!
Old 12-28-12, 02:30 PM
delraylady
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rome58
Sweet!!!! The reverse cam is going to be my next add on also post up when you get it done
I am new to this forum and having a hard time navigating! So confusing!!!!

That said, I just got a certified pre-owned2009 Lexus ES350. I have a hard time backing up due to a blind spot. I was told I could get Lexus install a backup camera that would be 3-1/2 inches on my rear view mirror for about $1000.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the BEST SYSTEM FOR SEEING IN BACK WHEN BACKING UP IN
LIKE A PARKING Lot???

Something that would really help me with blind spots as I have bad vision in my right eye and the visibility on this car is not as good as my old car.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ANY ADVICE AS TO THIS. IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-12, 02:33 PM
delraylady
Driver School Candidate

Default Rear View Camera - Backup camera

That said, I just got a certified pre-owned2009 Lexus ES350. I have a hard time backing up due to a blind spot. I was told I could get Lexus install a backup camera that would be 3-1/2 inches on my rear view mirror for about $1000.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the BEST SYSTEM FOR SEEING IN BACK WHEN BACKING UP IN
LIKE A PARKING Lot???

Something that would really help me with blind spots as I have bad vision in my right eye and the visibility on this car is not as good as my old car.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ANY ADVICE AS TO THIS. IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
delraylady is invisible Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Old 12-28-12, 05:40 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Originally Posted by delraylady

LIKE A PARKING Lot???

delraylady is invisible Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Congrats on your recent purchase! As for a back up camera, it all depends on what you are willing to have installed inside your Luxury Car, and how much money you are willing to spend. There are some Systems that are cheap, and I Mean really CHEAP!!!!! That will look horrible in side your car and may end up failing in the long run, and other solutions that are actually decent for a reasonable price that will suit your needs.

Keep in mind that you are driving a luxury Car, so you dont wanna have anything inside there thats going to look tacky, and out of place... this is all going to come down to your own personal preference..

Here are a couple of examples:

http://www.espow.com/wholesale-3-5-i...-navigate.html

http://www.espow.com/wholesale-7-car...-function.html
Old 12-28-12, 06:03 PM
delraylady
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Thanks very much for your links!

I am willing to spend anything that will achieve the purpose of helping my blind spots and helping backing up in parking lot or changing lanes with better visibility.

After doing some research, I have found some blind spot mirror attachments on Amazon for very cheap that people swear by and say it really gives them great visibility, which is my main purpose.

One is the **** 49702 stick on convex wedge and also the 49002, which is a bit smaller.

While I am definitely not averse to spending more money, if this is the best solution, even better than one that is several hundred dollars, I would probably give it a try.

Guess I will still shop around a bit and see what further information I come up with.

Are you actually familiar with the items in the links you provided? Wonder if they work real well.

Again, thanks very much for your input. It is much appreciated.
Old 12-29-12, 07:30 AM
delraylady
Driver School Candidate

Default Devices for blind spots

Also found on Amazon the Hercules auxiliary wide angle side-view mirrors. Most people gave these excellent reviews so guess I will try that.

These are $25 apiece and seem like they would work every bit as well as the rear view camera for $1000 at Lexus.

Also found some panoramic rear view mirrors, but haven't found one with consistently great reviews. So will see how the wide angle side-view mirrors work.

Actually, I do think this should all be STANDARD equipment in all cars, not just Lexus, as would make visibility so much better for all.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH(2DIN) Installed in my Lexus ES 350!!!