Sponsored by:

pioneer alpine kenwood head unit whats the best of these

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-11, 01:53 PM
ScDoinIt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pioneer alpine kenwood head unit whats the best of these

I was wondering what everyone thought of these head units.

i am not sure which one to get i want to know what you all think of which one looks best in the sc300/400 and also which one do you think is best in general as far as quality. Thanks for sharing.

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT
http://www.planet-9.com/attachments/...caymannavi.jpg

pioneer avic z130

http://www.planet-9.com/attachments/...y-img_0050.jpg

Alpine INA-W910

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167347

or some kenwood
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DNX6...ID113&tp=20212
Old 11-28-11, 02:04 PM
taylor404
Driver School Candidate

I think the second one would look the best . I like the way the 7" screens look without the buttons on the side. Anyway good luck picking one out
Old 11-28-11, 07:10 PM
Arkansas
Pole Position

Its all opinion and what u know about the product. Id go with alpine personally. I know people with full alpine systems and they rock
Old 11-29-11, 03:21 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

all those radios work well.. but also look into jvc.. none of the hype.. all of the substance..fewest bugs or problems,, tons of features (oh did i mention less money)

nothing against alpine (i used to be a big fan) but its slow an clunky o.s. leaves alot to be desired.. ( if not goin w jvc the pioneer is a must)

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105NT50...and|JVC+Mobile
Old 11-29-11, 03:38 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

z130 is the best by far
Old 12-04-11, 11:27 AM
irishcharm
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

coming from my background.....your question will yield varying results. what i tell customers is that you personally need to go to a shop that sells the units/audio stuff your looking for an hear/listen/experience it all yourself. the sales guy can try and steer you one way or another but a good sales rep will simply tell you customer feedback, offer solutions, and let you make your own decision. however............

in the past 4+ years....pioneer and alpine have been the forerunners in aftermarket decks. followed quickly in suit by kenwood, then by sony, and finally by JVC. (JVC was ranked last by my manager, MECP Master Tech, due to their lack of quality parts, fine tuning sound availability, reliability, and general weak processor).

Arkansas has a great response....he's heard it and gives advice based on it.

i am personal to pioneer and feel they have the best overall sound quality.

finally heres my sales pitch and figures............
--if you want the best overall sound quality, features, and expandability, go with an alpine or pioneer. - sold 6 out of 10 (3 and 3), respectively.
--a very close #2 is kenwood and is usually ranked as such due to its quality decks but for a more affordable price point only sacrificing a little in the sound quality department - sold 2 out of 10
--if you want a little more in the bass department but sacrificing some treble while having yet a more affordable price point then sony is your deck - 2 out of 10
--JVC is our entry level deck sold at the right price and is a vast improvement over a factory deck - sold maybe 1 out of 10 if lucky

decision is yours but i would pick the first pioneer because the second one has a flip down screen to load cds and such which can, over time, have those motors/hindges break or break down and therefore leave you without a cd/dvd player.
Old 12-04-11, 02:26 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by irishcharm
coming from my background.....your question will yield varying results. what i tell customers is that you personally need to go to a shop that sells the units/audio stuff your looking for an hear/listen/experience it all yourself. the sales guy can try and steer you one way or another but a good sales rep will simply tell you customer feedback, offer solutions, and let you make your own decision. however............

in the past 4+ years....pioneer and alpine have been the forerunners in aftermarket decks. followed quickly in suit by kenwood, then by sony, and finally by JVC. (JVC was ranked last by my manager, MECP Master Tech, due to their lack of quality parts, fine tuning sound availability, reliability, and general weak processor).

Arkansas has a great response....he's heard it and gives advice based on it.

i am personal to pioneer and feel they have the best overall sound quality.

finally heres my sales pitch and figures............
--if you want the best overall sound quality, features, and expandability, go with an alpine or pioneer. - sold 6 out of 10 (3 and 3), respectively.
--a very close #2 is kenwood and is usually ranked as such due to its quality decks but for a more affordable price point only sacrificing a little in the sound quality department - sold 2 out of 10
--if you want a little more in the bass department but sacrificing some treble while having yet a more affordable price point then sony is your deck - 2 out of 10
--JVC is our entry level deck sold at the right price and is a vast improvement over a factory deck - sold maybe 1 out of 10 if lucky

decision is yours but i would pick the first pioneer because the second one has a flip down screen to load cds and such which can, over time, have those motors/hindges break or break down and therefore leave you without a cd/dvd player.

i disagree.. on power up side by side.. jvc powers up fastest.. nav searches an gps mapping also fastest.. ease of operation also better than most..pricing is incredible that said. it does end up w personal preference.. i used to be a big alpine fan (6yrs of iasca trophies to prove it) but a few yrs ago they simply fell off.. trying (miserably) to get into oem interfacing instead of aftermarket head units...we've had dozens of customers bring in alpine's(i wont sell them anymore to many returns an bad warr dept) for install only to return weeks later for removal an swaps for better faster less clunky units my Commodore 64 had better gui (mainly pioneer but some jvc)dont look at what alpine DID look at what theyre doin(not much).. i do love kenwood.. (own 1 in my truck) but software glitches an poor pricing make it a poor 3rd choice..

JVC doesnt kill the market w ads every 30secs.. (they dont have too) they've been in business for 84 yrs (1927) w tons of industry 1st's... the next nearest competitor didn't show up til 11yrs later..Pioneer in 1938.. even Kenwood beat Alpine to market in 1961 (Alpine FINALLY in 1978) the did burn brightly for awhile but quickly burned out....with audio & electronics companies and retailers going in an out of business
(almost daily at this point.. anyone remember Sound Advice,Circuit City or heck Service Merchandise) or being sold to owners who then keep the high end name but put out cheap profitable chinese junk (MB Quart, PPI,Orion,Hi Fonics,Linear Power) replaced by Boss,Power Acoustik,Dual,Naxa,etc...now famous for 1000w amp for 69$$ that one kills me everytime..

finally i agree w the beginning statement goto the store play w each unit your lookin at...in depth! (plug in ur iphone/pod or bt connect ur phone, set 3 gps locations or see how long they take to show up.(bcuz if ur on the highway an pass your exit bcuz of slow mapping u wont be happy)not starbucks bcuz theyre everywhere look for a mom & pop shop u know of thats the real test.. only get sales help after your done(they typically wont show u the flaws only perks) so u can ask educated questions..an see how u feel about the answers...

i've been in the industry 23 yrs an i'm still learning. but i know 1 thing an educated customer is more likely to return again an again.to someone who's opinion they trust. i'll give them the whole truth an let them decide what suits their needs best.. its worked so far.. good luck with your search..

Last edited by Shibumi1; 12-04-11 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-04-11, 03:31 PM
irishcharm
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
i disagree.. on power up side by side.. jvc powers up fastest.. nav searches an gps mapping also fastest.. ease of operation also better than most..pricing is incredible that said. it does end up w personal preference.. i used to be a big alpine fan (6yrs of iasca trophies to prove it) but a few yrs ago they simply fell off.. trying (miserably) to get into oem interfacing instead of aftermarket head units...we've had dozens of customers bring in alpine's(i wont sell them anymore to many returns an bad warr dept) for install only to return weeks later for removal an swaps for better faster less clunky units my Commodore 64 had better gui (mainly pioneer but some jvc)dont look at what alpine DID look at what theyre doin(not much).. i do love kenwood.. (own 1 in my truck) but software glitches an poor pricing make it a poor 3rd choice..

JVC doesnt kill the market w ads every 30secs.. (they dont have too) they've been in business for 84 yrs (1927) w tons of industry 1st's... the next nearest competitor didn't show up til 11yrs later..Pioneer in 1938.. even Kenwood beat Alpine to market in 1961 (Alpine FINALLY in 1978) the did burn brightly for awhile but quickly burned out....with audio & electronics companies and retailers going in an out of business
(almost daily at this point.. anyone remember Sound Advice,Circuit City or heck Service Merchandise) or being sold to owners who then keep the high end name but put out cheap profitable chinese junk (MB Quart, PPI,Orion,Hi Fonics,Linear Power) replaced by Boss,Power Acoustik,Dual,Naxa,etc...now famous for 1000w amp for 69$$ that one kills me everytime....
my sales lines were for single din radios. i should have clarified. but in response....

--double din power up wise - jvc is faster as compared to others. i had a customer wait 3 minutes for his alpine to boot up... ease of use, i dont think as JVC are as easy but again opinion. pricing is generally cheaper like i said, so i agree. to me it fits in the entry level market.
--though obviously as costs to produce go up, price goes up and quality generally goes down or costs a lot extra. and I learned that from the info that people like Shibumi1 and other installers contribute, as well as customer opinions/feedback, and personal experience which is how I as well as others who are in the business, grow and learn. I appreciate a firm response to my opinions/feedbacks as it helps.
--on a personal note, alpine single dins havent changed in quite some time as far as appearance. but ive always had pioneers in my cars. we trust those who dont attempt to steer us wrong. i remember when I just got my first car and a guy, working on commission at CC, sold me a high end sony and told me xplod meant the loudest system ever. then charged me some $250 for the deck, which is a lot for a 15 year old. the deck lasted 1.5 years......
--also returns are based on numerous factors. if i sell/install 100 pioneers and 10 JVC and i get 50 pioneers returned and 5 jvc it can appear that i have more pioneers returned due to sheer number.
--all in all this is the pragmatic situation of car audio - i have/had pioneer decks and kicker everything else. my boss had alpine decks and infinity everything else. and my other full timer had alpine everything. and we all worked together. in the end we all respect brands and what they have to offer.
--i do agree with bad sales people. hence why at both companies i worked for, one being CC, customers came to the install bay to ask for a trusted opinion rather than a sales associate working for high end price sales.
--and yes I cant tell you how many times i got this question: Yo, I have a 1300 watt amp and I need some beastly subs to go with it. Whats the best stuff you got.......what brand is it sir?......a sony xplod......sir that amp isnt 1300 watts....your a liar, i want your boss....phone rings in the install bay.....alan please come tell this guy the same thing i did. ok. same thing repeated. well ok since you install this stuff i believe you more.
--second.....yo i got this loud system I wanna jam in my car, do I need a capacitor, it is like 1000 watts.....what brand is it sir?.....SPX, why......ok sir.
---all in all good luck in the search.