Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

If you've ever lusted for an in-dash Nav...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-11, 08:27 AM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you've ever lusted for an in-dash Nav...

If you've ever lusted for an in-dash NAV, audio etc., system that you can USE anytime you want...checkout crutchfield.com they're having a Black Friday sale now with much reduced prices on some primo systems.

I ordered a Kenwood Nav (Garmin)/Audio system from them yesterday for my Tacoma. I ordered from them because they include ALL the extra mounting hardware, conversion panel dash plate (so it looks like it belongs there), instructions, harnesses etc., selected for my particular vehicle for free, so I don't have to collect it all myself and hope it's the right stuff. They are highly touted on the Taco forums for value and service. Most reports are that it takes between one and two hours to install.

One thing I like about the aftermarket units is they have, and subtly describe, the 'bypass' wire that allows you to bypass the NAV/DVD/Phone manual entry 'lockout while rolling' nanny-ism in all U.S. production cars. (It also has the ability to make changes, while rolling, with voice commands, but I've never seen a voice recognition system that is that foolproof, even my LS)

Now my Taco has a backup camera integrated as a tiny screen on the rear view mirror. I can reroute the camera to this unit and have a 6" picture. I can even turn it on whenever I want, whether I'm backing up or not, even reverse the image in case I want to read a tailgater's license plate, or get a good sight picture for my LAWS rocket nested in the bed of the truck.

They carry all the top brand units, Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, Rosen, etc.

Happy Thanksgiving all,

WhitSTer

Last edited by WhitBaby; 11-22-11 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-22-11, 04:30 PM
Protagnist
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I had waited one more week to order my Pioneer. Oh well.
Old 11-22-11, 07:31 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Enjoy your Kenwood. You'll love it!
Old 11-24-11, 04:50 PM
yeskay
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now my Taco has a backup camera integrated as a tiny screen on the rear view mirror. I can reroute the camera to this unit and have a 6" picture. I can even turn it on whenever I want, whether I'm backing up or not, even reverse the image in case I want to read a tailgater's license plate, or get a good sight picture for my LAWS rocket nested in the bed of the truck.

----\\\

how do you get the backup camera integrated to rear view mirror. i would like to do this on my lexus

Thanks
Old 11-29-11, 05:53 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by yeskay

----\\\

how do you get the backup camera integrated to rear view mirror. i would like to do this on my lexus

Thanks
we install these all the time...they work well.. have others if u give a specific options list i'll get u an exact model..option 2 has nav & bluetooth included

http://www.rostra.com/products/magna...by-rostra.html

http://www.azentekonline.com/cms/content/view/100/186/