Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-13, 08:52 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread, but I figured that I'd post up my question here rather than start a new thread about it.

I installed the ML+ system in my car yesterday, and overall I'm very happy with it. Other than those PITA vents that I had to remove to get the factory headunit/display/nav out, the install was very straight-forward. Now that it is installed however, I've noticed what seems like a slight degradation in my sound quality compared to when I was running my iPod through the AUX input which I did not expect.

Obviously the AUX input was less than desirable because you could not control the iPod with the radio controls... but the flip side of that coin is that I could easily manipulate my factory audio settings through the nav display, turning up or down the bass, mids and treble as needed. When I push the audio button in ML+ mode, I can't get to that screen anymore. Now, I'm finding that in order to get the same clarity I seemed to get before, I'm needing to turn the volume up another 5-6 notches. This could all just be a loss of strength due to the extra wiring I guess, or it could be something that I haven't figured out how to adjust. Currently I just set the system EQ settings on DVD mode and figure it translates over to ML+ mode, but it still sounds a little quieter and less "sharp." Being able to charge my iPod and control it with the touch screen or steering wheel controls is worth it... but if there's an easy fix I'm missing, let me know.