Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

DIY: AUX to Stock Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-10, 03:42 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow cant wait to do this! Anyone know of an aux. port that would fit in the cut out in the console?
Old 10-28-10, 05:55 PM
Banikid
Lead Lap

Did this today. Works perfectly. Thanks for this DIY!
Old 10-29-10, 07:17 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

Anyone done this with the cable that will charge the ipod?
Old 11-07-11, 02:36 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

DICKSPLOSIONNNNNNNNNNNNNN!! ive tried the original method which was awesome, but after doing this one on this SC i LOVE IT. im a cheap *** so ive never considered after market amps/speakers and i LOVE the amplified output

ill save you guys a headache since radio shack's website is a LIAR sucks and they dont know their inventory (at least in phoenix)

part number if youre calling to check availability is 420-2371
Old 04-09-12, 02:04 PM
guku0701
Rookie

just to clarify things...u take out the red,blue ,black and white wires and put the rca wires instead?so u delete the 4 colored wires completely right?or do you connect the blue with a speaker wire etc..a lil confused
Old 06-26-12, 11:38 PM
jjpark712
Driver

Works great. Only different I did was cd. Didn't had to scratch. Flipped cd up side down so that changer couldn't read. That's all.
Old 07-03-12, 06:36 AM
S14DST
Driver School Candidate

Hey does anyone has had a problem with sound?
I just did this mod and I don't have any bass at all... where might be the problem?
I know I did everything correctly as there are only 4 wires to connect!
Anyone has an idea? :/
Old 09-08-12, 11:34 PM
julius415
Driver School Candidate

hey so i see that you need a cd changer so that the deck may switch to cd mode. I was wondering would it be possible to splice the power and ground wires for the cd changer into the main harness for the deck, as to trick it like the cd changer is receiving power. im going to try that tomorrow just having a little difficulty choosing the right wires. here are some wiring diagrams i found: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...ml#post7473460
im having a little trouble in the cd changer half. Is the red wire the power and which ground should i use gnd(white and black) or sgnd(brown).
any help appreciated thanks
Old 09-11-12, 04:59 PM
thereddarr
Driver School Candidate

Great guide, thanks for making this info available!
I do have one problem that maybe somebody with more experience could advise me on: I got everything connected as in the original post and it worked beautifully. I have a little bluetooth receiver in the mail and everything, but as I went to put one of my CDs in upside down to keep it from trying to play, I must have broken a wire off of the back of the (horribly corroded) cd changer. Now the headunit doesn't recognize that the changer is there and instead of rewiring it, I was wondering if anyone knew of a way I could "short out" the cd changer or otherwise trick the headunit into thinking it's there without needing to have the thing plugged in.

I'm going to keep investigating and I'll post if I figure it out.
Old 09-12-12, 09:03 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by skirts
Anyone done this with the cable that will charge the ipod?
Yes, play and charge at the same time. Added a BT module, so now I don't even have to connect phone to listen to music. Can just stream over bt. I prefer the sound quality of the direct 30 pin connection. Sounds better than the 3.5, or streaming.
Old 10-08-12, 05:26 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This DIY worked marvelously. A lot cleaner and crisp sound than the tape deck adapter crap... My tape deck took a dump so I had no choice.

I didn't need to put any CD into my changer. When I plugged the connectors all up, I heard my CD changer check for CDs. Once I had everything together and turned the car on, it automatically said CD Err.

Is the CD changer suppose to stay on? The eject button at least stays lit all the time for me. Wondering if that's normal.
Old 09-06-14, 06:58 PM
SoarerXavi
Driver School Candidate

My tape deck doesnt work, and want to do this method but don't quite understand how everything is connected.
Old 07-04-15, 09:07 PM
tsupra1822
Driver School Candidate

Old thread I know. I got the cd changer working without the cartridge works perfect to. Was wondering if you have to cut the wires completely from the harness or can you splice into it, And just stop using the aux and go back to cd changer.
Old 07-05-15, 06:55 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tsupra1822
Old thread I know. I got the cd changer working without the cartridge works perfect to. Was wondering if you have to cut the wires completely from the harness or can you splice into it, And just stop using the aux and go back to cd changer.
Don't see why it wouldn't work, although if you were to play a cd again you might get some noise via the aux input.

Try it and give it a listen before reassembling the glove box.
Old 11-07-15, 03:35 PM
R310
Driver School Candidate

I did this mod on my 2000 LS 400 with factory Navitation. I hope this will help someone doing this in the future.

I am new to electrical mods and this stumped me for a while...some tips

1. Use the ACC power from another power source in the car besides the amp. I spliced into the power from the cigarrette lighter. I tried the ACC power from the amp under the seat and it was not working.

2. I placed my switch in the center console and ran wires under the carpet from the relay under the seat, to the center console. It was a pain in the A, but stealth.

3. I used a bluetooth adapter to plug into the AUX, it works but has no microphone. Getting one with a microphone and one that turns on automatically when you flip the switch is key (for handsfree calling)

Quick Reply: DIY: AUX to Stock Stereo