ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics-12/)
-   -   details on how to disconnect factory alarm (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics/499140-details-on-how-to-disconnect-factory-alarm.html)

se_bb2 05-03-10 08:25 PM

details on how to disconnect factory alarm

I drove home today after work, everything was okay with my car. 1hr later I get in my car turn the key blank nothing happens. I have plenty battery juice running through, starter seems okay. I hear my fuel pump come on every time i turn my key. My trunk switch stopped working too, my door lock switch stopped working as well. I don't have the alarm remote, I would just shut it off with my key in driver side door. only time my alarm would go off if i opened my passenger side door or by some sort of motion sensor. I'm pretty positive its my factory alarm preventing me from turning on my car. Does someone here had this issue before or knows how to do a quick disconnect on the damn alarm. I tried jump starting same thing, nothing happens. I tried shutting all doors manually locking them and re opening no help. any good links or sites to go please shoot my way. I tried searching in here couldn't find anything helpful.

iduntnoega 05-03-10 10:34 PM

this happens to me all the time. if i were to unlock my car from the driver side the alarm would go off, and then my car wouldnt start at all. To avoid my alarm from going off i have to always unlock it from the passenger side and it turns off my car alarm.

se_bb2 05-04-10 10:41 AM

i tried that my alarm does not disactive. I unplugged the alarm n plugged it back, it goes off and I'm unable to disactive with either door. my power locks are not working nor my trunk. my windows work fine tho. the alarm after going off it shuts itselff off after a min.

se_bb2 05-04-10 10:46 AM

I was able to disconnect my alarm and tried to start and still same thing, I turn the key and nothing happens. what else could it be?? w/e it is , it's affecting my trunk and door lock switches! but not my windows.

se_bb2 05-04-10 11:45 AM

I'm not sure if it's the alarm anymore..

se_bb2 05-05-10 10:56 AM

anybody?? that can help me out here

sc4fanatic 05-05-10 11:06 AM

alarm issues

unlock your car from the passenger door. then turn your ignition switch to acc and look for the alarm cut of switch , which wold be located under the driver side dash. If that doesn't work, you might need a new module.

Good luck.

se_bb2 05-05-10 06:33 PM

the factory alarm has a cut off switch? i didnt see any when i was underneath the driver side dash. i did find the module . Im going to look again, and can I replace the module with another module from a lexus es or ls? the look to be the same thing. thanks

se_bb2 05-05-10 07:07 PM

only way i can start my car is by putting a wire to starter n tap + on my battery. could it be my alarm module is gone bad?

scviolence 05-05-10 07:36 PM

i tihnk only the pre 95 have that lil alarm switch under the driver dash. i've got a 95 with alarm but no switch..

se_bb2 05-05-10 09:51 PM

well w/e it was seem to have fixed itself tonight

weedy219 07-13-10 07:44 PM

my car wont start know sound when i turn the key nothing i get dash light but know check engine light help please email im a member name weedy219

Li Ls4 08-06-10 01:36 PM

i know this kind of an old thread. But im having this issue with my 92 sc300. i cant start the car, don't have power locks, windows or seats. when the key is in the ignition the only thing that happens is that beep to remind u that the key is in the ignition. cluster and radio doesn't turn on.

but the headlights, hazards, horn still work. i didnt close the hood all the way and when i came back to the car the next day and tried to open the hood the alarm went off. and then i was able to start the car and everything worked again. i turn the car off and turn it back on again and everything is fine.

i turn the car off and go to turn it on 10 min later and nothing. back to where i started from.

any1 have any ideas?

bcp_sc300 09-12-10 06:46 PM

having same issue

Tommy2JZ 08-21-12 06:33 PM

Ok so I lock my car n my alarm goes off for a while n them turns off like a minute later. This is completely random. Any ideas? This is getting on my neighbor's nerves lol. Any way to fix this or deactivate the alarm?