Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

FIXED! See inside for details-->NEED HELP: Navigation DVD stuck in drive<--

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-10, 10:56 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Default FIXED! See inside for details-->NEED HELP: Navigation DVD stuck in drive<--

UPDATE: I learned that the navigation DVD can be forced to eject. Follow this procedure while "See Dealer for Service..." screen is being displayed. Place fingers simultaneously in the upper and lower RIGHT side of the touch screen. Hold for several seconds. If it doesn't work immediately, try again. These "hidden" buttons will eject the disc.

I have tried to upgrade my Navigation and seriously screwed it up. I hope someone can help.

The car is a 2008 Lexus ISF with the Mark Levinson audio/DVD option. The navigation drive is located in the front panel (behind the clock) and not in the trunk. Map DVD is ejected by an onscreen button in the navigation menu.

From my own discs I made a 5.1/8.1 hybrid disc on DVD+DL from Verbatim. I loaded the disc in the nav drive and was able to have it access the disc and show me version 8.1. It did not however give me the overide functionality (5.1). So I know the "maps" portion works.

I disconnected the battery for 5 min to reset the memory to allow the software to update on the next restart. Now when restarting (in ACC mode) the Nav screen gives me a message in english and japanese that it cannot load the program. I am unable to eject the disc in order to replace it with my original disc. Pressing any of the Nav buttons does nothing.

Does anyone know another way to get the Nav to eject it's disc? I have not been able to find away. I have tried the diagnostics screen (hold display button, turn headlights on/off 4 times) but there is not an option there. It simply tells me that it is not connecting to the navigation or satellite radio. How can I manually eject the disc? There is no external (manual button)

Any help would be great. Approaching the dealership is of course the last result as this will obviously look bad.

Thanks!

Andy

Last edited by UCrazyKid; 01-24-10 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-24-10, 01:16 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
The car is a 2008 Lexus ISF with the Martin Logan audio/DVD option.
Andy
The IS-F comes with Martin Logan? I thought it was Mark Levinson...

Good of you to share the secret for those who may need it, though.

Big Mack
Old 01-24-10, 02:41 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Mack
The IS-F comes with Martin Logan? I thought it was Mark Levinson...

Good of you to share the secret for those who may need it, though.

Big Mack
Haha, yup you caught my mistake. Fixed

Hopefully I will save someone else the panic I felt when I realized the DVD was not coming out on it's own!

Last edited by UCrazyKid; 01-24-10 at 07:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PMD008 (02-28-18)