Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:
Old 12-15-14, 01:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

HOW-TO: SC300/SC400 Install Aftermarket Head Unit, OEM Speakers and Sub Working!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-10, 10:04 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry guys I haven't checked this thread in awhile (been busy)... if anyone still needs help, ask away
Old 08-01-10, 07:57 PM
kpkim01
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
first off great write up definatly played a big role when i was installing aftermarket subs and they work great. but there was one thing im just not too sure of, i know i can definatly make my subs work but what about my oem speakers? i got a harness off ebay and it fits where socket A is and the little blue harness.basically will my oem speakers work without doing this?
thanks
Old 08-01-10, 10:28 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kpkim01
Hi,
first off great write up definatly played a big role when i was installing aftermarket subs and they work great. but there was one thing im just not too sure of, i know i can definatly make my subs work but what about my oem speakers? i got a harness off ebay and it fits where socket A is and the little blue harness.basically will my oem speakers work without doing this?
thanks
Um, can't help you without knowing what components you're running =)
Old 08-06-10, 07:15 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys,

Maybe someone can help me here. For some reason my stock radio isn't turning on. This is what I have tried.

Switched out radio to a different radio
Switched out climate/volume control plug
Checked 20a fuse under hood
Checked 7.5a fuse in kick panel

I didn't have access to this thread last night to check the schematics. I did notice I was getting 12v from a blue/yellow wire - but don't remember from which plug.

The climate control is working, just not stereo. By not working, I mean not even turning on. All plugs were securely connected.

Anyone give me some ideas on where to start or which wires to start checking? It is a 92 SC with Pioneer stereo.

Thanks,
Jonny
Old 08-06-10, 12:13 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dx3
Guys,

Maybe someone can help me here. For some reason my stock radio isn't turning on. This is what I have tried.

Switched out radio to a different radio
Switched out climate/volume control plug
Checked 20a fuse under hood
Checked 7.5a fuse in kick panel

I didn't have access to this thread last night to check the schematics. I did notice I was getting 12v from a blue/yellow wire - but don't remember from which plug.

The climate control is working, just not stereo. By not working, I mean not even turning on. All plugs were securely connected.

Anyone give me some ideas on where to start or which wires to start checking? It is a 92 SC with Pioneer stereo.

Thanks,
Jonny
Check for switched 12v+ on the gray wire, same plug as the blue/yellow. After that, you might want to start your own thread for others to help you.
Old 08-06-10, 06:41 PM
kpkim01
Lead Lap

can i use a T-tap for part B instead of cutting wires?
Old 08-06-10, 07:07 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kpkim01
can i use a T-tap for part B instead of cutting wires?
So you don't cut the OEM plug off? Yes you can... but parts G and I have to be cut as shown

Old 08-07-10, 05:56 PM
kpkim01
Lead Lap

i connected A1 and A8 to the aftermarket antenna wire and my the radio turns off and on when i put the source on tuner. but everything else works fine, so i disconnect the antenna wire and the radio works fine and doesnt turn off.
Old 08-29-10, 08:47 PM
AbMC
Driver School Candidate

I used this tutorial for switching out my Nakamichi system and for the most part everything is the same. The only part that I found any different is wiring up the antenna to work only when the radio is on. Instead it goes up when the stereo is turned on and will only go down when the car is turned off. I'll figure it out eventuall I just ran out of time. I don't know the differnces between the two systems but all the color coding is the same
Old 10-01-10, 04:35 PM
EzLex300
Driver School Candidate

thankz for the write up raine i found a lot of useful info but i do have one question im not sure who said it but i wanted to use the stock volume **** as a remote for my subz how would i go about doing this i know it might sound like a stupid question b.c you guyz seem to really know your **** but if you could just explain it and throw in a pic or two that be great thankz again
Old 10-01-10, 10:08 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EzLex300
thankz for the write up raine i found a lot of useful info but i do have one question im not sure who said it but i wanted to use the stock volume **** as a remote for my subz how would i go about doing this i know it might sound like a stupid question b.c you guyz seem to really know your **** but if you could just explain it and throw in a pic or two that be great thankz again
I used a "subwoofer ****" you can find on Ebay, it's basically just a remote level **** with two sets of RCA's on each end. However it's not a drop-in mod, you have to take apart the factory volume unit. I had to chop the circuit board to expose the back of the volume **** area, then I had to take the OEM **** itself and attach it to the remote level ****, then fit it into place so that it looked stock. Took about 4 hours of work (including drying time for the epoxy)
Old 10-02-10, 04:47 PM
EzLex300
Driver School Candidate

so you cant just splice into it and run a remote wire to the amp cuz i have a remote **** that plugz into the amp but i waz wondering if i could just slice into that volume **** and use it as the **** for the remote you kno?
Old 10-02-10, 04:52 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EzLex300
so you cant just splice into it and run a remote wire to the amp cuz i have a remote **** that plugz into the amp but i waz wondering if i could just slice into that volume **** and use it as the **** for the remote you kno?
No clue, it's part of the circuit that shares a board with the OEM temp adjust. I guess maybe you could if you knew the schematic of the OEM volume **** circuit board and which contacts to splice into.
Old 10-09-10, 01:31 PM
kingayan
Driver School Candidate

Great write up
Old 11-15-10, 06:14 PM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD. I was looking at the pioneer harness and It doesn't have an Antenna Wire to hook A1 and A8 to . Any ideas?

Quick Reply: HOW-TO: SC300/SC400 Install Aftermarket Head Unit, OEM Speakers and Sub Working!