Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:
Old 12-15-14, 01:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

HOW-TO: SC300/SC400 Install Aftermarket Head Unit, OEM Speakers and Sub Working!

Old 01-27-10, 12:49 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

great write up raine. this is the first time I saw it. Ill definitely use it when I upgrade my headunit
Old 01-29-10, 09:59 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Good to see this thread is helping out a lot of people, makes the effort of taking photos, writing it all up worth it =)
Old 01-29-10, 06:40 PM
CLRH2O
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh bro - it was TOTALLY worth it! You're helping out countless other's who might never actually come in here and comment as well. It's an extremely valuable resource for SC owners
Old 01-29-10, 07:20 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CLRH2O
oh bro - it was TOTALLY worth it! You're helping out countless other's who might never actually come in here and comment as well. It's an extremely valuable resource for SC owners
Old 02-24-10, 04:07 AM
PandaAE86
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO! NO! NO!!!! You're doing it ALL WRONG!??! D1 plug is for your blinker fluid and D15 is for your muffler bearings! With this kind of re-wiring, you can easily burn out your horn motor.

J/k

Thank you for doing this great write up. That was one reason why I kept my stock head unit for so long....

I do have few dumb questions for Killa-Hz. (please don't laugh at me.)

Eclipse plug? I am assuming mitsubishi Eclipse, but what year?

I kept looking at the picture and kept reading your post. I just can't figure out if I were to purchase a plug/s for a mit eclipse, will I get 2 females or 1 male and 1 female? The plugs look like they will fit the "D" plug from our SC, but what about the "A" plug?

Sorry for asking stupid question.
Old 02-27-10, 09:18 AM
MrFairlady
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine partially wired up but Still no Sub.
I don't understand this:

Only 1 single Cable (RCA to speaker wire) connecting from the Factory wiring (blk & white wire) to the Sub Out??Shouldn't there be 2 like normal?
I don't get it.

Last edited by MrFairlady; 02-27-10 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-04-10, 11:36 AM
oregano
Driver School Candidate

Raine I need your help. I cant get the right wires connected......S.O.S.....S.O.S.....
Old 03-04-10, 12:17 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MrFairlady
Got mine partially wired up but Still no Sub.
I don't understand this:

Only 1 single Cable (RCA to speaker wire) connecting from the Factory wiring (blk & white wire) to the Sub Out??Shouldn't there be 2 like normal?
I don't get it.
Meaning when you buy the RCA-to-speaker wire, you only need to buy one package, since it's 1-channel to the sub anyways. (whereas when you buy RCA's you usually buy them as a pair L/R)

Originally Posted by oregano
Raine I need your help. I cant get the right wires connected......S.O.S.....S.O.S.....
There's a lot of wires sir, be more specific
Old 03-04-10, 08:50 PM
infiniti24
Lead Lap

anyone get the nak wired correctly i used his great example but where you connect g4 to g6 i cant find that plug in our car so i have no bass unless on fm am so im stuck untill i find that plug
Old 03-04-10, 09:26 PM
potatoBBQ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by infiniti24
anyone get the nak wired correctly i used his great example but where you connect g4 to g6 i cant find that plug in our car so i have no bass unless on fm am so im stuck untill i find that plug
You were able to get the Nakamichi working on FM? I thought I tried pretty much everything I could think of and couldn't get it working even on FM. I found a post stating that:

"Fifth, the nakamichi amp 5 channel amp(1st and 2nd NOT 3rd gen models) is basically the 2 pioneer amps rolled up into one. In fact it even uses the same 3 plugs as the pioneer system. The only difference being some of the subwoofer plug pins are missing; more importantly the subwoofer inputs are missing. What this means is the amp calculates the outputs to the woofer based off the 4 speaker inputs. This IS TESTED and CONFIRMED."

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4653536-post1.html

I figured it was pretty much hopeless since the amp is supposed to calculate the subwoofer output based using the 4 speaker inputs. I ended up just using an aftermarket amp and subwoofer... which actually sounds great but I was a little frustrated that I couldn't get the stock Nakamichi working.
Old 03-07-10, 08:10 PM
infiniti24
Lead Lap

well poop idk then its a 94 so it is first gen but you can deff hear the sub power on when you switch to fm am but mabey its just that its turning on with no sound ill get back to you
Old 03-13-10, 09:50 AM
What
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by potatoBBQ
You were able to get the Nakamichi working on FM? I thought I tried pretty much everything I could think of and couldn't get it working even on FM. I found a post stating that:

"Fifth, the nakamichi amp 5 channel amp(1st and 2nd NOT 3rd gen models) is basically the 2 pioneer amps rolled up into one. In fact it even uses the same 3 plugs as the pioneer system. The only difference being some of the subwoofer plug pins are missing; more importantly the subwoofer inputs are missing. What this means is the amp calculates the outputs to the woofer based off the 4 speaker inputs. This IS TESTED and CONFIRMED."

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4653536-post1.html

I figured it was pretty much hopeless since the amp is supposed to calculate the subwoofer output based using the 4 speaker inputs. I ended up just using an aftermarket amp and subwoofer... which actually sounds great but I was a little frustrated that I couldn't get the stock Nakamichi working.
I used the BHA8112 harness and 95-8157B 2 DIN kit to install an Alpine INA-W900 RCA level into the factory Nak amp. No output from subwoofer as per normal. I have searched this site and others in an attempt to get the factory sub to play but have not found any info. 1998 SC400 with "Nakamichi Premium Sound System" printed on factory deck. N804 on cassette door. Numbers 86120-24301 and C740UL0A on the back.
Name:  DSC07131.jpg
Views: 2683
Size:  45.1 KB
Name:  DSC07127.jpg
Views: 2229
Size:  37.3 KB

Name:  DSC07129.jpg
Views: 1405
Size:  50.3 KB

Last edited by What; 03-13-10 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-17-10, 11:20 AM
daweeze02
Pit Crew

Am I blind or does my unit not have a dimmer wire?

http://www.dualav.com/support/manuals/xhd6425.pdf
Old 03-21-10, 02:36 PM
daweeze02
Pit Crew

Well I did this today and got everything working except my antenna wont go up, I can tell its working because when I pull the wires apart I lose reception but when they are crimped no power to raise the antenna, any thoughts?
Old 03-22-10, 05:25 AM
daweeze02
Pit Crew

Okay got everything installed, thanks for the writeup. My antenna goes down when I turn the car off but not switch from radio to aux, cd etc but thats no biggy. I still need to pull out the metra kit and make some room in the back because the left side of my dash molding is sticking out about 2 cm's for some reason.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HOW-TO: SC300/SC400 Install Aftermarket Head Unit, OEM Speakers and Sub Working!