Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Metra to release dash kit for sc 92-00

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-09, 12:41 PM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea I had reviewed that and was going to look into that when I got my kit in. My issue will be that I am looking to use the ashtray portion and do not know if I will be keeping the ashtray lid or not and do not want any type of seam there.

Appreciate you already tackling this one. I will be taking pics and adding this to my entire writeup.
Old 03-01-09, 05:35 PM
Dark_Eric
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's Mine! BTW the gap is un-noticable on mine, I just saw it after taking the pics with flash; its just that you can see it with Flash camera photos. I'm actually glad that there is some type of additional ventalation to release some heat trapped behind & underneath the radio/nav. Thanks for the kit Metra! I'm going to order 1 more as back up.

BTW GED2Phd, any tip on where I could send my Climate Control to fix the LCD characters? I want to do that before sending the climate control to Lextech.

Last edited by Dark_Eric; 03-01-09 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-02-09, 09:55 PM
whtricsc40
Driver School Candidate

dark eric you can buy lcd lense on ebay and do it your self very easy with radio shack soldering iron with solder sucking ball attached cost like 125 for lense and 15 for solder sucking thing.
Old 03-04-09, 10:31 PM
Dark_Eric
Driver

Originally Posted by whtricsc40
dark eric you can buy lcd lense on ebay and do it your self very easy with radio shack soldering iron with solder sucking ball attached cost like 125 for lense and 15 for solder sucking thing.
I found an Ebay store that does it for $99 with free shipping; lifetime warranty, they said they can change the LEDs and backlighting too for like $50 more, total $149.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...Q5fAccessories

I'm afraid I might screw something up if I do it myself LOL. I'm not very good with the soldering iron no matter how many times I re-read the instructions! Maybe when it gets a little warmer here in Jersey next month I'll send it in to that ebay store.

BTW not sure if u can see but in the photo I stitched the steering wheel myself without gloves, but thats as far as I'm going: dash kit/radio install, steering wheel wrap...Then again if I do the climate control myself I could have everything done in one day. I wish I knew someone locally that was good at soldering and unsoldering.

Last edited by Dark_Eric; 03-04-09 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-12-09, 04:05 AM
GED2Phd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dark_Eric
Here's Mine! BTW the gap is un-noticable on mine, I just saw it after taking the pics with flash; its just that you can see it with Flash camera photos. I'm actually glad that there is some type of additional ventalation to release some heat trapped behind & underneath the radio/nav. Thanks for the kit Metra! I'm going to order 1 more as back up.

BTW GED2Phd, any tip on where I could send my Climate Control to fix the LCD characters? I want to do that before sending the climate control to Lextech.
I don't really remember to whom I sent mine in. It was quite sometime ago. I think it was an ebay person. But I bought one from a salvage yard that was in good condition and used that one while mine was being repaired. Then sold the unit I bought from the salvage yard for what I paid for it. Good Luck!
Old 03-12-09, 04:10 AM
GED2Phd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dark_Eric

By the way, it looks like you installed a Pioneer AVIC unit in your car. I don't know about you, but I think the **** on those units are pathetic. There is a guy on AVIC411.com who makes replacement ***** for the AVIC unit. It took about a week to get fed up with my trying to adjust the volume and my fingers slipping around it and not being able to turn the **** because it is so small and smooth. Apparently the guy is a machinist and they are well worth the $29 bucks he charges. FYI.
Old 05-08-09, 07:02 PM
SC40095
Driver

back from the dead for a quick question. Do the harness that they suggest actually work with the SC? I'm just looking for a radio install not any type of video. Ready to order now so I'll wait until I get a response back.
Old 10-13-09, 11:42 AM
bcp_sc300

Its about damn time!!
Old 10-21-09, 10:31 PM
lpolo69
Pole Position

I have a problem with my install. Has anyone installed the single dins with any issue? My single din unit will not fit in the pocket.