Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mkiiina,
What model is your car? I am looking for solution to my truck RX300 too. Thx,
Old 05-09-08, 08:24 PM
ny888
Pole Position

Thanks Sonnet71 for bringing this to our attention. I received mine from GROM Audio today. I have never modified anything on any car in my life but it took me just a 1/2 hr on my 02 GS300 and it's working ! Finally I can say goodbye to my cassette adapter - I've hated that so much.

Still have to get used to the simple and advanced modes. One thing I found interesting is that I still have to have my CD cartridge in the CD changer. Without it, I get NO CD message and no sound from my iPod.
Old 05-17-08, 07:33 AM
Sonnet71
Driver School Candidate

Hi ny888,

good to hear, that it's working on your GS

Now I can say welcome to the club As you, I throw my cassette adapter direct to the bin, because the sound quality of the Grom was so much better, that I could hear lyrics in the songs I didn't recognized so far (had to check the text book)

The usage of simple and andvanced mode is really easy to understand:

Everytime you change to the virtual external cd changer (Grom Adapter) from FM or the the internal cd changer by pressing the CD button, the display will show "CD 1" means Grom Adapter is active and "Disc 1"

"Disc 1" meanes that the Grom iPod interface is in SIMPLE MODE

This mode allows you to handle all functions of your iPOD dircet via the iPOD scroll wheel and buttons. Choose for example playlist 243 an track 52 on your iPod and start listen to it. No you can move forwards and backwards in this list by using the "seek/track up/down" button on the stock stereo. Changing the paylist via the stock stereo controls is not possibe in this mode. To use this mode the iPod should be mounted visible and reachable on you middle console.

If you select "Disc 2" to "Disc 6" by using the "disc up" and "disc down" buttons on the stock stereo the Grom iPod inteface switches to the ADVANCED MODE.

In this mode the iPod is locked for direct inputes an can only be controlled via the stock stereo buttons. Via the "disc up" and "disc down" buttons you can select the first 6 playlists on your iPop and navigate inside with the "seek/track up/down" button. While using this mode the iPod can stay unvisible in the glove box or somewhere else.

Hope this helps you a little bit

If further problems occure (finger cross that it won't happpen) please refer to the following link on the http://my.is site

http://my.is/forums/f103/ipod-contro...n-play-347712/

I posted the same story in that giant lexus IS board at the end of last year first, due to the reason my car is an IS300. The thread contains right now over 260 replies and has been viewed over 7000 times. Not bad

The community found out some possibilites of improvement and hand them over to the manufacturer.

So if you figure out strange behavior of the Grom, I'm pretty sure, that you will find a solution in this thread!

Finally just one question:

How did you instal the Grom in your GS? Is it as easy as discribed for the IS? I think it could be helpfull for the guys around to get some more information.

Best regards from Berlin

Sonnet71
Old 05-18-08, 07:29 PM
ny888
Pole Position

In advanced mode on mine, I can play up to Disc 8 even though it's just a 6 cd changer.

The only issues I have so far, if you want to call them issues are that I must have the 6 disc cd cartridge inserted or else there's no sound at all. The other thing is the display of disc and track number is constantly flashing on and off the screen. Not a big deal but it would be nice if I onl see it by hitting the audio button.

On the GS it was extremely easy to install. I read a couple of threads here on CL on how to take out the stock headunit. I've never done anything like this ever and it only took me 30 minutes.

I panicked briefly when it didn't work at first but then I remembered your post about turning the engine off and on and that fixed it.
Old 03-25-09, 02:08 PM
admanc
Driver School Candidate

I just ordered the Grom system for my IS300. I'm worried about the install a little bit and really hoping that it is an easy DIY project. My only 2 regrets in buying my beloved IS300 were the lack of an iPod adaptor and no telescoping steering wheel. I can fix one of these with the Grom...so that makes me happy.