ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics-12/)
-   -   DO NOT use CDs/DVDs with labels! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics/297340-do-not-use-cds-dvds-with-labels.html)

engin_ear 07-30-07 02:27 PM

DO NOT use CDs/DVDs with labels!

1oz of Prevention = 1lb of Cure = Money left over for Saturday night, and Music to go with it.:D

DO NOT use CDs/DVDs with labels.:nono:

Word from Lexus dealer(s) is that MANY people with factory systems are using CDs and or DVDs with paper labels on them, and have had to have their radio/transport entirely replaced. Labels can cause the CD/DVD to be out of balance, causing a problem for the transport, and more importantly, if the car interior heats up while in the sun, the label can warp significantly and the disc CANNOT be removed. The dealer will address this by putting in a new radio, at your cost. :sad::cry:

To avoid this, use discs that are labeled with a Sharpie directly on the face, and do not use added labels of any kind. This is probably good practice to use even with aftermarket units, but the factory units appear to be more susceptible to jamming.

Jerry

DCRX330 09-13-07 12:40 PM

How about in the NAV DVD player? I purchased an update DVD off Ebay which appears to be a copy/clone with a very well done label. Is this likely a problem here as well?

Thanks

Steve

Originally Posted by engin_ear (Post 2806802)
1oz of Prevention = 1lb of Cure = Money left over for Saturday night, and Music to go with it.:D

DO NOT use CDs/DVDs with labels.:nono:

Word from Lexus dealer(s) is that MANY people with factory systems are using CDs and or DVDs with paper labels on them, and have had to have their radio/transport entirely replaced. Labels can cause the CD/DVD to be out of balance, causing a problem for the transport, and more importantly, if the car interior heats up while in the sun, the label can warp significantly and the disc CANNOT be removed. The dealer will address this by putting in a new radio, at your cost. :sad::cry:

To avoid this, use discs that are labeled with a Sharpie directly on the face, and do not use added labels of any kind. This is probably good practice to use even with aftermarket units, but the factory units appear to be more susceptible to jamming.

Jerry

engin_ear 09-13-07 07:18 PM

Yes it will be a problem. Note comment about the sun.

BlackGhost 11-23-07 03:12 PM

True true
Do not use them.
from my own experance, I almost had to change my whole dvd system twice due to the stupid labels on the CDs ,specially when it is so hot out there :D

ichi 01-03-08 08:01 PM

I agree about sticky labels, but i doubt this applies to inkjet printable CDs which are manufactured with the labels on them.

96RedLexSC 01-03-08 09:18 PM

Sharpi markers are cheap and work awsome from anything. Also Light Scribe for cd & dvd customization is pretty cool if you know on how to work it.

lexusondubs 05-07-08 07:35 PM

wow i didnt know this :egads:

Infin1ty 05-16-08 05:44 PM

I'm assuming that the labels you are speaking of are the cheap ones that you can print and stick to your Burned CDs/DVDs?

crzyis 05-29-08 08:04 AM

what about the printable cd's that have the label on them already.

http://www.memorex.com/html/products...&opento=100000

Herb 06-09-08 05:32 PM

What brand of recordable CDs do you recomend using with a factory CD player in a 2002 SC430? I noticed that the manual said not to use any recordable CDs.

Thanks for the help.

Herb

encore888 06-09-08 11:06 PM

Yep, labels = no-no...also in lieu of sharpies there are special CD/DVD markers.

SaraGS430 07-09-08 07:22 AM

Has anyone ever brought this issue up to Lexus?

engin_ear 07-14-08 08:15 AM

Lexus will just scoff and tell you not to use labels. Labels were never meant to withstand the 100+ degree bake inside a car.

jayclapp 07-09-09 03:54 PM

Just print the labels on yourself. HP sells an inkjet all-in-one that also prints on printable CD/DVDs for around $100. You can generate your own personal label. Available software will let you import your own photos, transfer a list of songs on an album, etc.

I quit using paste on labels when I got my 04 LS430. A car like that deserves more than sharpies and paste on labels!