How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo - Page 52 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo >

How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo

Notices
Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo

Old 11-02-17, 08:10 AM
Kebin
Driver School Candidate

Hi All,
I have successfully wired in an aux 3.5mm audio jack to a first gen LS400 Pioneer head unit via the AM/FM radio audio circuit.
When a music source is connected to the 3.5mm jack, the audio is played together with the radio on both AM or FM channels. To fix this I simply cut the audio channels on the printed circuit board for the AM radio (I don't listen to AM!) so that there is no longer any AM audio signal being fed to the processor.

Therefore, this method converts the "AM" button on the head unit to effectively become the "AUX IN" function.

Here is how I did it:

Original Pioneer LS400 Stereo
Remove the upper AM/FM circuit board from the radio

Locate TUR and TUL audio circuits

Solder in your Left and Right audio circuits of the 3.5mm audio jack to TUL and TUR circuits.
Connect the ground wire to a ground point on the PCB (grey wire in pic).

Locate AM audio circuits AMR and AML.
Cut the tracks on the PCB using a knife to create an open circuit.
AM radio audio will no longer play through the stereo system.

After carrying out these small modifications simply reassemble the head unit and refit back into the dash. Route your new auxilary cable to your preferred location, select AM and connect your music player.
Old 11-25-17, 11:44 PM
zappy620
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I was wondering if this method could also work for a 2005 ES330(With Navigation)? I recently bought this
aux adapter aux adapter
which I plugged into the cd changer port on the back of the stereo, but I found that the sound was way quieter when compared to just using the stock radio. Would this method fix that problem? Thank you!
Old 12-18-18, 07:52 PM
Sherl
Driver

I know this is very old thread but I am planning to do install in my 98 LS400 with Navi (I guess its Pioneer)
Anyone had success with these
https://www.newark.com/nte-electroni...-3a/dp/15M1943

Also if I dont use my CD player at all -- I can just hook RCA cable and connect to BT adapter and stream wireless right? zazzn - V - -- would this work for 98 LS400 with Navi as well
Old 12-18-18, 09:19 PM
Zaks
Driver School Candidate

Is there an issue just getting a nice double din Pioneer to install? I read you lose some oem functions (i think sub?) but Iím not sure if it matters much at all?
Old 12-18-18, 10:03 PM
Sherl
Driver

Originally Posted by Zaks View Post
Is there an issue just getting a nice double din Pioneer to install? I read you lose some oem functions (i think sub?) but Iím not sure if it matters much at all?
Mine has Navi. I guess I will lose AC controls and a whole lot of stuff.
Old 12-19-18, 07:43 AM
- V -
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sherl View Post
I know this is very old thread but I am planning to do install in my 98 LS400 with Navi (I guess its Pioneer)

Also if I dont use my CD player at all -- I can just hook RCA cable and connect to BT adapter and stream wireless right? zazzn - V - -- would this work for 98 LS400 with Navi as well
I don't know for certain since i have an SC400 but i dont see why it wouldnt work. You'll just have to find the sound channel wires that run from the cd changer to the headunit. I also recommend doing an aux jack and then attaching something like the Kinivo BTC450 to it. Thats the setup i have and it works perfect. But again this is in an SC400 not an LS.
Old 01-06-19, 01:26 AM
zazzn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sherl View Post

that looks like it will work, but thatís the hard way of doing things. Since this was started lots has changed in the world of parts. I was able to modify my deck to accept aux via the test outputs on my sc300. But in your case there is something even easier, there is a little 30$ unit on eBay that allows you to plug into the back of the deck were a cd changed would go and give you aux. Itís way easier than messing with relays, and then you can attach a Taotronic Bluetooth to aux adapter. Trust me I teses 5 units and the taotronic was the only one which didnít need a ground loop isolated and didnít introduce static or kill the bass because of the ground loop isolator.

Find the taotronics on amazon.
Amazon Amazon

Changer to aux
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by zazzn; 01-06-19 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-06-19, 09:07 AM
Sherl
Driver

Originally Posted by zazzn View Post

that looks like it will work, but thatís the hard way of doing things. Since this was started lots has changed in the world of parts. I was able to modify my deck to accept aux via the test outputs on my sc300. But in your case there is something even easier, there is a little 30$ unit on eBay that allows you to plug into the back of the deck were a cd changed would go and give you aux. Itís way easier than messing with relays, and then you can attach a Taotronic Bluetooth to aux adapter. Trust me I teses 5 units and the taotronic was the only one which didnít need a ground loop isolated and didnít introduce static or kill the bass because of the ground loop isolator.

Find the taotronics on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bl.../dp/B013QJ0W8Q

Changer to aux
https://www.amazon.com/Auxillary-Ada.../dp/B01LPTLFLC

That's fantastic but I couldn't see the comptability with 98 LS400. Any idea on this?

Last edited by Sherl; 01-06-19 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-10-19, 12:56 PM
zazzn
Lead Lap

Check the back of your radio, if it's a pioneer and it has the standard cd changer port it should work. I got a radio out of a camery and it works. Make sure you get the lexus one though becuase the pinout is diff between lex and Toyota but they are the same between all Toyotas and all Lexus.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: