Search this Thread

Old 04-24-06, 07:25 AM
Vmoney
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which subwoofer is better?

SpL wise?

2 Kicker solo baric L7 forgot the wattage
2 audiobahn immortal (forgot the watts more than the Eternal though)
2 audiobahn eternal 1000 rms
2 audiobahn Flame high excursion model AW1208T or 1206T flame Q i think are the same 1100watts RMS
1 jl audio w7

i want to buy one of these in im 1 mo so i need your opinion and help.
Old 04-24-06, 11:56 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Myself and kgh31386 are running JL audio. You should try them out at the shop and then see what you are looking for. Diff companies hit diff.
Old 04-24-06, 12:30 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

JL's are good, there's no denying that, but, for the $$, the difference between a Kicker and a JL is negligable....Unless you're SERIOUSLY competing, or a lable *****.....
Old 04-24-06, 12:37 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Vmoney
SpL wise?

2 Kicker solo baric L7 forgot the wattage

1 jl audio w7

i want to buy one of these in im 1 mo so i need your opinion and help.
these 2 would be a tuff choice for me seeing that i have JL W6's i have 3 W6's but was gonna change for 3 L7z...
hmmm
Old 04-24-06, 12:40 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

I have the w7 and love it. I have never dealt with kicker so I cannot comment but I know my 1 10" w7 pounds.
Old 04-24-06, 01:27 PM
LayinLo
Pole Position

Which amp are you planning to use?

If i'm correct the 12" w7 can push out 1000wrms easy, but, you need some major power. Likewise with the kickers they are power hungry!

(1) 12W7 1000WRMS $600-$750
(2) L7 1500WRMS $240

I'm currently working on my audio set-up as we speak, Im going back and forth to my computer getting info on installs. Haha.. Im tired. Maybe i'll post some pics 2morrow.

Anyway, have fun!
-Mia
Old 04-24-06, 03:14 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

I found this, kinda funny

The W7 wasn't meant for pure SPL. It's designed to reproduce a broad frequency spectrum while taking big power in a (relatively) small enclosure. Loud and clear would be the way to describe it.

I think it's the most overrated woofer on the planet, simply because your ears can't discern between bass and farting noises when both are above 130db, but that's just me.
Old 04-24-06, 07:30 PM
7Cain
Driver

Originally Posted by shoaf213
I found this, kinda funny

The W7 wasn't meant for pure SPL. It's designed to reproduce a broad frequency spectrum while taking big power in a (relatively) small enclosure. Loud and clear would be the way to describe it.

I think it's the most overrated woofer on the planet, simply because your ears can't discern between bass and farting noises when both are above 130db, but that's just me.
LOL, that is really funny Shoaf!!!! and so true! If you hit 130 db you had better be wearing ear protection or you will be saying "EEEHHH??, WHAT'S THAT??, LET ME ADJUST MY HEARING AID!!" a whole lot sooner than you want to.

I personally prefer clarity over decibles if you can attain both then you're golden, but you CAN over-do it with subs so be careful and listen responsibly. Pick up an SPL meter from radioshack for 30 or 40 bucks and make sure you are'nt listening to volumes louder than 100db for extended periods of time.

I am going to give a relatively no name brand a try in my vehicle. PowerAcustik is a relative "nobody" in the market it seems and I have some of their 6 1/2 components in my van and they sound really good. I'm going to replace all my speakers and my factory 12" with PowerAcustik and let you know how they fair. I have high hopes and am quite confident they will perform to my satisfaction.
Old 04-24-06, 07:48 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 7Cain
LOL, that is really funny Shoaf!!!! and so true! If you hit 130 db you had better be wearing ear protection or you will be saying "EEEHHH??, WHAT'S THAT??, LET ME ADJUST MY HEARING AID!!" a whole lot sooner than you want to.

I personally prefer clarity over decibles if you can attain both then you're golden, but you CAN over-do it with subs so be careful and listen responsibly. Pick up an SPL meter from radioshack for 30 or 40 bucks and make sure you are'nt listening to volumes louder than 100db for extended periods of time.

I am going to give a relatively no name brand a try in my vehicle. PowerAcustik is a relative "nobody" in the market it seems and I have some of their 6 1/2 components in my van and they sound really good. I'm going to replace all my speakers and my factory 12" with PowerAcustik and let you know how they fair. I have high hopes and am quite confident they will perform to my satisfaction.
Factory 10"
My friends got a PA 12 in his car, sounds real nice.
Old 04-25-06, 06:43 AM
Vmoney
Driver

I have a cple amps laying around from my past vehicles. the one im using right now is a Pyramid crystal 1600watt 2 channel and i was thinking of getting a Lanzar Max series 4000watt 2 channel manufacturer says 1000rms per channel so i thought about giving it a try. what do you think? what would you suggest is good but not in the JL PRICE RANGE? IVE NEVER HEARD THE jL'S OR THE KICKERS hit and i want to know where cause best buy and circuit city dosent have them, and the small shops dont display them. ive heard some audiobahns but the ones ive heard i dont want them. has any one heard the ones ive listed? and feel free to suggest any amplifires. i want a great setup.
Old 04-26-06, 12:34 PM
kuzini
Rookie

where in fl do you live? If you are looking to save money go with the Kicker but if you want better sound then Jl, but to me they are over rated. pick up some Pioneer Ts-w3004spl 12" they go for about 250.00 to 300.00 for 2
Old 05-01-06, 05:43 AM
Vmoney
Driver

I just want something that hits hard as of right now i swapped out my no name 12's for the Pioneer 12's not premiers but they hold 400rms each they hit good im my old civic but this lex is a tank!!!!!!!! I live in Boynton Beach -(561) What i was wondering if i could have a custom built box im my rear deck right over the gas tank so my 12's would stick out the rear sort of like the factory. how would the sound be like. i do not plan on ever selling my car so give me a great cost effective idea.
Old 05-01-06, 05:44 AM
Vmoney
Driver

Im guessing none have you even tried Audiobahn.............? no personal experiences anyone?
Old 05-01-06, 05:22 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vmoney
I just want something that hits hard as of right now i swapped out my no name 12's for the Pioneer 12's not premiers but they hold 400rms each they hit good im my old civic but this lex is a tank!!!!!!!! I live in Boynton Beach -(561) What i was wondering if i could have a custom built box im my rear deck right over the gas tank so my 12's would stick out the rear sort of like the factory. how would the sound be like. i do not plan on ever selling my car so give me a great cost effective idea.
I know when I only had ONE 12 in the rear deck, stock location the deck rattled so bad it drove me absolutely INSANE...I don't know how far you are from Orlando, but you really should check my guys out if you're lookin for some custom work.
Old 05-02-06, 07:29 AM
Vmoney
Driver

was it in a box, or was it free air?

Quick Reply: Which subwoofer is better?