Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

i think im going to go for it ..GS owners let me see your systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-05, 09:30 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not a ice guy per se, but a couple of my favs are Bluelex and LXOgood, always have been. DaveGS4's is a looker also. I saw Ted920s setup at SEMA IAS and it was nice. TTpimp had a nice simple setup (stealth).

Lexus11 has a simple but very effective setup.

Hell what do i know, I still have the damn Nakimichi HU in my car! LOL
Old 05-24-05, 10:15 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

you should definately add a tv or some for show reasons if thats what your looking for....When i redo my system i'm going to fiberglass it but not have it painted , i'm going to do a combo of blk and blu suede like my interior, i already have the suede put away. this keeps it flashy yet clean and unricey. something like what lxogood did.. Dave trunk is really nice aswell very compact..it really depends are you going to use up the whole trunk or you actually want to be able to use the trunk for other things..as far as what kind of subs and amps man you have big J in your area he'll help you out with that..
Old 05-25-05, 12:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
i have to keep my eye on the prize

what do you have Henry??are you rolling stock like me ...

i just realize for the shows i do ..i need more ....have the body kit,rims,brakes,engine,

but need this ....i already know what im doing for the interior ...but thats a ways off

Help CL
i am serious johnny, rolling stock on the pioneer, not even nav or naka

dunno, i can just hardly get myself up to do the audio on the car, since i can't find soemthing that i really like. guess i am going to be stuck on this topic
Old 05-25-05, 05:08 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

johnny..i told you.....i already got you on the system.... my guy is only MINUTES AWAY FROM YOU!!!

why don't you call me for once???
Old 05-25-05, 05:58 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

My man glad to see you are getting some ideas for what you want to do. I will be more than honored to do your system for you bro, just gotta holla at me like we discussed.
Shabs we got it covered bro

As for the system it self, well I was thinking about using the new JL Audio cleansweep which will allow you to keep your stock headunit(screen) do a couple amps on a nice rack and a single w7 in the trunk in a nice custom enclosure. Just sit back and enjoy what we create lol.
Old 05-25-05, 08:20 AM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143998

for newbs that havent seen it and wondering about the system,,,,,,,,,,,check pages 4 and 6 for finished pics, link was easier than uploading all those pics

Last edited by blueGS400; 05-25-05 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-25-05, 08:26 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default my opinion

I would go with all of the same product If changing head units is out of the question jl makes a item for stock headunits with aftermarket components, ipods, subs ect. I don't have a real flashy setup, just some leds inside the plexi glass. Battery in the floor of the trunk, which is seen through the plexi. Cap on the right side which is visiable thru plexi as well. And my amp rack on the back wall. With a few leds, and neon tubes lining the rack, see each amp thru plexi as well.
Its nice, still have my cleaning supplies in the trunk and not scratch any fiberglass. The box was mounted to a bar i welding in behind my seats. My two w7's are shot up into the cabin, I had to redo my entire rear deck lid twice. Lots of work, Its carpet with two wooden bezels surrounding the subs. pictures are worth a 1000 words..sorry I don't have any...
the jl item is called clean sweep for the oem headunit.
Old 05-25-05, 09:02 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
johnny..i told you.....i already got you on the system.... my guy is only MINUTES AWAY FROM YOU!!!

why don't you call me for once???
Heath

im not looking to spend the amount that we talked about

im not an audio guy ....to be honest i could really care less about what goes in my car

i know thats not the right attitude but i think you see from the rest of my car ...i like to have nice things and im more of a performance guy

i really love my stock system

the only reason i'm even considering do a system is because when you do shows

its pretty mandatory

and as far as TV's i just cant do it

ill just don the nav/tv thing if i do anything

thanks for everyone help
Old 05-25-05, 09:03 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexis11
My man glad to see you are getting some ideas for what you want to do. I will be more than honored to do your system for you bro, just gotta holla at me like we discussed.
Shabs we got it covered bro

As for the system it self, well I was thinking about using the new JL Audio cleansweep which will allow you to keep your stock headunit(screen) do a couple amps on a nice rack and a single w7 in the trunk in a nice custom enclosure. Just sit back and enjoy what we create lol.

sounds good to me

you drive......... ill sit back and enjoy the ride
Old 05-25-05, 11:35 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Heath

im not an audio guy ....to be honest i could really care less about what goes in my car

i know thats not the right attitude but i think you see from the rest of my car ...i like to have nice things and im more of a performance guy

its pretty mandatory

thanks for everyone help

If you think cheap *** audiobahn chrome riced out amps and some sony xploding subs is gonna cut it, you are surely mistaken....

all good bro....have fun....but imma tell you....you are gonna waste your $$$$ on stuff that will not only sound WORSE than stock, it's gonna look like **** as well

good luck
Old 05-25-05, 11:38 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

If you think cheap *** audiobahn chrome riced out amps and some sony xploding subs is gonna cut it, you are surely mistaken....
all good bro....have fun....but imma tell you....you are gonna waste your $$$$ on stuff that will not only sound WORSE than stock, it's gonna look like **** as well
Whoa whoa Shabs where did u get the idea that he was going to use some cheap Audiobahn stuff and make a system that sounds like ***???????
He just doesnt want to spend thousands thats all. He can a fine setup for small money.
Old 05-25-05, 11:41 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexis11
Whoa whoa Shabs where did u get the idea that he was going to use some cheap Audiobahn stuff and make a system that sounds like ***???????
He just doesnt want to spend thousands thats all. He can a fine setup for small money.

homie...if you think some "best buy" stuff is gonna cut it, you are surely also mistaken...

you can tell me bout rims, body kits, but the two things about cars I know are these:

1) audio
2) HID

and I can tell you, cheap audio doesnt sound good or look good or win shows, competition audio does and competition audio aint cheap or close to it (FYI if you are referring to JL, I have news for you and it certainly isn't good news)

just wait till my system is back in my GS, it'll knock your socks off (and yes it cost me a couple sets of your expensive iFORGED rims)
Old 05-25-05, 11:46 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

now i still want to retain my spare

Only way to do that reasonably is to use the small ledge behind the seats as an enclosure or mount the subs in smaller individual enclosures right at the inside of the rear fenders or some kind of mounting under the rear deck. Everything else is pretty much gonna jut out too far and render your spare unaccessible.

im fond of DaveGS4's setup and Blue gs400
Both are very nice to get ideas from. Very good taste.
Old 05-25-05, 11:59 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Heath

its pretty mandatory

thanks for everyone help
haha same here....i have lost my interest in sounds...besides i would rather put a turbo in my car and listen to the BOV thats gonna be my future sound system
Old 05-25-05, 12:08 PM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
haha same here....i have lost my interest in sounds...besides i would rather put a turbo in my car and listen to the BOV thats gonna be my future sound system

yeah but that BOV dont get the chicks......blastin tupac or biggie will!!!

or maybe that killer turbo will get the chicks.....ummmmm

Quick Reply: i think im going to go for it ..GS owners let me see your systems