Sponsored by:

factory dvd player in gs430

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-05, 10:23 PM
STR8-UP-G
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory dvd player in gs430

I Heard That If You Put A Rx330 Dvd Player In The Gs, The Images Will Appear On The Factory Nav Screen. Can Anyone Confirm This?
Old 05-24-05, 07:08 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

any lexus factory dvd player or changer will show on the front screen of any 2 piece lexus dvd computered vehicle. i have played a lexus dvd changer i have on the rx300 nav screen , ls430 screen , gs430 screen, gs300 screen , sc430 screen, by just pluggijng in the dvd to the tv input connector. .also there is full factory audio with the simple y connctor input to the cd changer port. the lexus service manual wont say thats what the connector is for but it works. the es330 dvd player actually doesnt use the tv port but the 20 pin aux port . they disabled the tv input port on all 1 piece 2005 toyota and lexus models due to government regualtions.. that is also the reason the dealer will not hook up a factory lexus dvd player on a lexus without a rear screen . . its against the law...................................................................................................heres an interesting story on that subject. last weekend i bought a gs430 navigation system off a 2001 gs430 owner who removed it for a kenwood aftermarket nav because the stereo shop told him lexus didn't allow dvd movies on the front screen. so after the install he drove out of the shop watching a movie on the front kenwood screen. the stereo shop forgot to mention it was also illegal to watch his kenwood while driving . the stereo shop blamed it on lexus that the guy had to get rid of his lexus navigation system to watch dvds on the front screen. so he sold me his $10,000 list price factory navigation system to go to a $2000,00 kenwood navigation system that does not give him all the data that the factory one does on the scrreen as well as touchscreen control of all the peripherals. and the faceplates available for gs430 are just cheap black colored plastics and don.t match the gs dash parts.
Old 05-25-05, 09:42 AM
faiello
Rookie

For what year cars are you talking about? I have a 2004 GS300 with ML and NAV, are you saying I can add a DVD player to the existing setup?
Old 05-25-05, 09:59 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

yes . i have a lexus factory 6 disc dvd cd changer that plays on your front nav screen. it is plug in and play and even has output for rear screen if you want any. i am trying to attach a picture of it playing on a 2003 gs430 screen but its too large. lexus dealers or their service manuals are not allowed to tell you about it due to ouyr laws against it. all the jdm lexxus can play dvds and have tv tuners in them from the factory.

Last edited by lexusaudio; 05-25-05 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-25-05, 10:25 AM
faiello
Rookie

Will any DVD player work or does it have to be a Lexus sold model? What is the price for a Lexus model? Single disc? Changer?
Old 05-25-05, 10:30 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by faiello
Will any DVD player work or does it have to be a Lexus sold model? What is the price for a Lexus model? Single disc? Changer?
its any dvd player with lexus avc-lan communication system capable. . its the same as your present cd changer. only a lexus changer will work unless you have some sort of adapter. that will talk to the head unit and say "i am a lexus cd changer "and then the headunit will recognize.it. the part number is 86270-60111 but i am sure you dont want to buy it from the dealer new.. the new price for one is very high just like if you wanted gs plain cd changer they in the thousands of dollars for just a cd changer and over 3k for the dvd cd changer new.

Last edited by lexusaudio; 05-25-05 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-29-05, 10:47 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

i finally got small enough pictures to enter one on the forum. here is a lexus factory 6 disc dvd cd changer playing movies on a 2001 gs430 screen. there are no extra control boxes. the tv input cable is plugged into the screen with no splicing or y connctors. it plugs directly into the tv port that is on every lexus factory nav screen has from 2001 up. older systems prior to 2001 would need to connect to the rgb port. the 2nd plug coming from the changer plugs into the cd changer port. by a y connector. thats all it takes not a bunch aftermarket electronics in between which certainly would degrade the tv picture signals. this is a pure factory system and has the best picture possible.
Attached Thumbnails factory dvd player in gs430-lexus-navigatrion-wirth-factory-cd-dvd-changer-093.jpg  
Old 05-29-05, 10:57 AM
GSing430
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

what's the difference between a 2 piece lexus dvd computered vehicle vs. the single other than the obvious?... can you tell me where i can locate a lexus dvd changer for a fair price?
Old 05-29-05, 11:22 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

the lexus 2 piece system is still the high end system dispite all the 1 piece ballyhoo to the contrary. the 2 piece incorporates all the data from the vehicle on the screen as well as ac heater information and control. so the lexus 2 piece is much more high tech than just having the radio and nav unit in 1 piece with no other information.gathering . also the 1 piece has problems with bracket install and problems with faceplate instalation just like aftermarket stereo units on a lexus. the only lexus with a 1 piece factory bezel facplate is the es330.which in that case the 2004 2005 1piece would be best. the 2002 2003 2 peice es330 nav system was rreally a camry system and didnt have the data information anyway . so nothing is lost by going to the 2004 2005 es330 1 piece. in the es330 case the advantages of the 1 piece is its easier to install and you dont have to find as many of the correct wires to hook up.
Old 05-31-05, 12:56 PM
TXGS
Driver

Originally Posted by lexusaudio
its any dvd player with lexus avc-lan communication system capable. . its the same as your present cd changer. only a lexus changer will work unless you have some sort of adapter. that will talk to the head unit and say "i am a lexus cd changer "and then the headunit will recognize.it. the part number is 86270-60111 but i am sure you dont want to buy it from the dealer new.. the new price for one is very high just like if you wanted gs plain cd changer they in the thousands of dollars for just a cd changer and over 3k for the dvd cd changer new.

Where does one find a Lexus DVD player for a reasonable price?
Old 06-01-05, 05:07 PM
faiello
Rookie

Originally Posted by TXGS
Where does one find a Lexus DVD player for a reasonable price?
Don't get if from a Lexus dealer. I was quoted $4230.00 for the DVD Changer.
Old 01-15-06, 10:06 AM
DavidsGX
Pole Position

I'm very impressed by your setup on OEM DVD changer,
the part number is 86270-60111 right?
And would you mind telling where did you get it and how much(A reasonable price)? PLEASE!! i have been looking for this changer everywhere but no result!! Thanks!!
Old 01-15-06, 12:51 PM
clubaddict
Driver

would this work in the 2004 SC430?
how is the dvd unit controlled?
Old 06-30-06, 08:46 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by clubaddict
would this work in the 2004 SC430?
how is the dvd unit controlled?

yea what he said
Old 06-30-06, 10:22 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

The Dvd Player Is Controlled By The Disc Button Press Once For Cd Player Press Twice For Dvd Player. Then The Controls Are On The Touch Screen Just Like The Cd Changer.
Attached Thumbnails factory dvd player in gs430-lexus-navigation-system-2001-076.jpg  

Quick Reply: factory dvd player in gs430