Sponsored by:

factory dvd player in gs430

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-06, 07:20 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusaudio
any lexus factory dvd player or changer will show on the front screen of any 2 piece lexus dvd computered vehicle. i have played a lexus dvd changer i have on the rx300 nav screen , ls430 screen , gs430 screen, gs300 screen , sc430 screen, by just pluggijng in the dvd to the tv input connector. .also there is full factory audio with the simple y connctor input to the cd changer port. the lexus service manual wont say thats what the connector is for but it works. the es330 dvd player actually doesnt use the tv port but the 20 pin aux port . they disabled the tv input port on all 1 piece 2005 toyota and lexus models due to government regualtions..
So its my understanding that there is two units then one for the older screens with 2 plugs and one for the newer screens with the 20 pin plug? Or do the old units have both 20 pin and tv port and cd changer ports also? Is there a difference between using a dvd player that has 2 plugs or just the 20 pin plug?
Old 07-26-06, 07:42 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you DIY and take your time you can do the conversion for less than $300, I know the DVD changer is a little easier once it's said and done but do you really need to have 6 movies available at all times? Using a switcher gives you more options since your source can be a PS2 or Xbox and you can all also add a backup camera (I have a wireless color night vision one coming soon).

Install took less than an hour, all you need is the wiring diagram.

A toggle or push button switch allows you to swap back and forth between nav screens and Video (yes it's illegal to watch movies within the drivers view while car is in motion - NYC) when you need to. But the nav is still working behind the scene (I can watch movies and the nav voice will chime in with directions when needed - "Next Left Ahead")

Right now my audio is controllelled by a tape cassette adaptor (honestly, when is the last time or next time you're going to put a cassette in) since I may want to just watch videos but not necessarily hear the song. (The wire in the pic below is now underneath the nav unit and runs to a PS2 but it completely hidden)

Old 07-26-06, 07:02 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

a lexus dvd player plays through the lexus audio system. and is controlled by the touch screen and talkks to the lexus avc-lan system. the audio portion comes into the radio head unit by means of a y adapter on the 12 pin cd changer port. it also get the power from there just like the cd changer. the direct video port goes into the unused 6 pin video port that every 2001 up nav screen has on the back of it.
Old 07-26-06, 07:19 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

a lexus dvd player plays through the lexus audio system. and is controlled by the touch screen and talkks to the lexus avc-lan system. the audio portion comes into the radio head unit by means of a y adapter on the 12 pin cd changer port. it also get the power from there just like the cd changer. the direct video port goes into the unused 6 pin video port that every 2001 up nav screen has on the back of it.
I got a 12 and a 6 pin both used on the back of my 2002 sc430 nav screen. how do i hook up a 20 pin aux dvd player? is there a Y adapter cable I assume
Old 07-26-06, 07:54 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

there is no 12 pin connctor on the 4 sc430 screens i have , just the 10 pin with the 8 rgb wires. the 8 pin with the 5 power connector wires and the 14 pin speed sensor connector with the 3 wires and the 6 pin connector with the 3 direct video wires and the 2 twisted green and white avc lan wires. .so yes the screen on an sc430 screen is already set up for the tv tuner input that is standard in japan but not legal in usa. apparerntly japanese drivers can mutitask and usa drivers cant. safely. but the wires to the 6 pin end in the 22 pin connector which is mounted next to the flip down screen connector at the base. so your dvd changer will work when the output wires from the 20 pin lexus dvd changer need to be connected to thier proper pins in the 6 pin and then to the proper pins in the 12 pin cd changer port on the radio and you will have a fully integrated lexus dvd player that will play movies on your video screen when you are parked. i think the party who sold you the dvd changer should have had a harness for you . i feel that it is not nice for a seller to tell somone a piece of equipment and say it will will work on any lexus navigation system and not provide a harness to make it work.
Old 07-27-06, 06:10 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

there is no 12 pin connctor on the 4 sc430 screens i have , just the 10 pin with the 8 rgb wires. the 8 pin with the 5 power connector wires and the 14 pin speed sensor connector with the 3 wires and the 6 pin connector with the 3 direct video wires and the 2 twisted green and white avc lan wires. .so yes the screen on an sc430 screen is already set up for the tv tuner input that is standard in japan but not legal in usa. apparerntly japanese drivers can mutitask and usa drivers cant. safely. but the wires to the 6 pin end in the 22 pin connector which is mounted next to the flip down screen connector at the base. so your dvd changer will work when the output wires from the 20 pin lexus dvd changer need to be connected to thier proper pins in the 6 pin and then to the proper pins in the 12 pin cd changer port on the radio and you will have a fully integrated lexus dvd player that will play movies on your video screen when you are parked. i think the party who sold you the dvd changer should have had a harness for you . i feel that it is not nice for a seller to tell somone a piece of equipment and say it will will work on any lexus navigation system and not provide a harness to make it work.
thanks for the crystal clear explaination, you dont happen to know the part # do you? I can just order myself one cheap.
Old 07-27-06, 06:30 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

there is no usa part number for the harness . the tv tuner which is standard equipment in the sc430 in japan is not available. in the usa. the next problem is that japanese toyota soarer (sc430) dealers dont sell parts to the public in the parts deptartment like usa lexus dealersa do.
so your pretty much have to make a custom harness. at least lexus dealers will sell you the connectors to do it. the 6 pin connector is pernanently unavailable but the sc430 already has it plugged in so your in luck on that one.
Old 07-27-06, 06:47 AM
NAK
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SC430 radio does not support DVD player/"Video input" and this is a fact!
I know that for sure. I did try it on 02, 03 and it does not even respond to video devices. Actually SC430 from 02 till 04 has most "glitchy" software ever made by Pioneer for US Toyota!

GS300, GS430 will do support some factory DVD changers and the reason for that is simple - Pioneer forgot to remove this capabilities from Radio software. I am talking about Radio, not NAV screen. Radio made for Japan, Europe and US are different (software).

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=DVD+changer

LX470 does support DVD player.
Toyota made different DVD players. Some of them will work on GS, some NOT!
Old 07-27-06, 09:36 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NAK
SC430 radio does not support DVD player/"Video input" and this is a fact!
I know that for sure. I did try it on 02, 03 and it does not even respond to video devices. Actually SC430 from 02 till 04 has most "glitchy" software ever made by Pioneer for US Toyota!

GS300, GS430 will do support some factory DVD changers and the reason for that is simple - Pioneer forgot to remove this capabilities from Radio software. I am talking about Radio, not NAV screen. Radio made for Japan, Europe and US are different (software).

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=DVD+changer

LX470 does support DVD player.
Toyota made different DVD players. Some of them will work on GS, some NOT!

lexus audio says he has done a few SC430's so I think it may work. If the unit was taken on of a GX470 can I assume the GX470 has the Y harness? and if they got the part shouldnt that work with the SC? also the 6 pin is already used, by what and do I need to splice it in if I get the Y connector?

Last edited by tonydt1g3r; 07-27-06 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-31-06, 03:32 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

there is no usa part number for the harness . the tv tuner which is standard equipment in the sc430 in japan is not available. in the usa. the next problem is that japanese toyota soarer (sc430) dealers dont sell parts to the public in the parts deptartment like usa lexus dealersa do.
so your pretty much have to make a custom harness. at least lexus dealers will sell you the connectors to do it. the 6 pin connector is pernanently unavailable but the sc430 already has it plugged in so your in luck on that one.

got any part numbers for me to order by any chance?
Old 08-03-06, 07:39 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

lexusaudio I need your guidance I got no clue what I am doing and what I need to order
Old 08-03-06, 07:46 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

email me at egusman@woh.rr.com for help on your harness problem for the factory dvd player.
Old 08-15-06, 07:05 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

I was unable to get the correct part #'s to order the plugs from lexus anyone got an idea?
Old 08-30-06, 11:21 PM
bandgap112
Rookie

The cheapest price I found for the dvd changer is $3108.16 from here

I wonder why Google could not find any info on any lexus cd/dvd changer, or OEM part number 86270-60111.

Bandgap
Old 10-23-06, 12:45 PM
bandgap112
Rookie

Lexusaudio,

Can you tell me what brand is your DVD changer and from which vehicle it came from? From your previous mail, the part number is p86270-60111.

I called a local Lexus dealer and inquired a DVD changer for 2001 LX470, and the part guy told me that it cost between $650--$1100, depending on the brand, i.e Pioneer, nakamichi, etc. He said there are two Pioneer models, one cost $650, and the other $1080, but he did not give me the part number for them. You said that any Lexus DVD changer would work, so I'm not sure which one I should buy.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Bandgap

Quick Reply: factory dvd player in gs430