LC Model (2018-present)

Performance package LC price & maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-19, 04:31 PM
Jhoudhai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Performance package LC price & maintenance

Hi guys! I'm new here and i'm in the market for used LC 500. loved the car since day one, but the price tag was too high for me. Now that there are "used" cars all around, I'm planning to get one.
These are some questions that i have about the car.
Do you guys think it is worth it to get the performance package one? or the difference is not that significant?
How much is the maintenance cost?
What do you guys think i should pay for a used LC500 under 10k Miles in it?
I hope you guys can help me! thanks!
Old 06-12-19, 06:19 AM
robdinero
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

The discounts on these are crazy right now and I wouldn't hesitate to grab one. I got the performance package because I loved the CF roof and active spoiler, I doubt there is a big performance difference I just liked the aesthetics part of it. Not sure of maintenance cost because I have 1 of 2 complimentary visits left. They do want you to come in every 5k or 6 months whichever occurs first for oil and various checks.
Old 06-12-19, 10:38 AM
Jhoudhai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robdinero
The discounts on these are crazy right now and I wouldn't hesitate to grab one. I got the performance package because I loved the CF roof and active spoiler, I doubt there is a big performance difference I just liked the aesthetics part of it. Not sure of maintenance cost because I have 1 of 2 complimentary visits left. They do want you to come in every 5k or 6 months whichever occurs first for oil and various checks.
I see, i like the performance package too. keeping my eyes open for the used ones.
Old 06-18-19, 07:05 PM
Walloon
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I have had an LC with the Performance Package for a year. It was hard to find. Carbon roof, sills, 21" wheels, but more importantly, Variable gear ratio steering, rear wheel steering and the gauge configuration is different I think. A great package! Worth the premium if you are a "driver". Did two 1300 mile trips with it. Most comfortable seats I have ever experienced. Much better than my Mercedes and Audi. Can't find an engine and exhaust combo like it except maybe in my 1986 9ll racer. It's not a supercar but much more enjoyable than most . Most of those are uncomfortable after an hour and require too much attention. This still breaks traction in the first two gears and you don't have to worry about landing in the weeds. The build quality and materieals puts my Mercedes AMG to shame. I added a TOMS exhaust . Just yesterday after a year I had two people again tell me they never saw one and wanted to take pictures. Find something that bangs shifts faster. Maybe Ferrari? Buy one.
The following users liked this post:
BigMau (07-09-19)
Old 07-21-19, 05:31 PM
Ismelllike
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

What kind of discounts are people seeing? Was looking at the RCF and GSF, and dealers seem to be discounting less than I expected, so maybe head up towards the LC
Old 07-21-19, 06:58 PM
Walloon
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Big difference with performance pk. Rear wheel steering and variable gear ratio steering. Transforms the performance. I have 10k on mine, incredible car. Best combo. of touring and sport. Better than an Aston at half the price.
Old 07-22-19, 01:31 PM
timrudy
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with Walloon. I wasn't sure I would like the Rear Wheel Steering, but its great. At < 30mph U-Turns are a hoot. Turns like a hook and ladder truck. Above 30 MPH it works the opposite way and really helps get the car to corner at speed. Be advised that if you get the rear-wheel steer, you need to stay on top of that with an alignment every 10K miles or so. Im not a fan of the 21" wheel with Run-flats, but I put Michellin Pilot Sport 4S @ 25K miles and wow, what a smooth ride; and what handling over the factory run flats. I could get the rear 275/35-R21 tires for the 9.5" rims one the rear, but for the front 8.5" rims, the closest size I could get was 255/35-R21 instead of the factory 245/40 size. You lose a tiny bit of ground clearance on the front splitter, but its not too bad. Hopefully the new sneakers will absorb the occasional US highway system potholes and won't be as rough on the rear steer alignment as the stiff sidewall run flats were. I understand why they do run flats, but for me the factory Tire Pressure Monitoring, a 12V compressor and a cheap tire plug kit is the best solution. If you damage a sidewall, then it really doesn't matter much if you had run flats or not. Also, the CF roof is nice. The absence of a glass roof sunshade will give you 2-3" more headroom as well. I don't know if it has any more power than the base model or touring model, but it has more torque than the Torsen LSD can put down so in 1st and 2nd, straighline acceleration on dry roads, the Traction control will let it black track a bit, but it won't try to swap ends on you. My opinion is that 471 HP is more than enough for the weight and chassis setup. Im a little disappointed the these cars don't seem to have any suspension adjustment except for front and rear toe-in.With Camber and Caster, you get what you get. A GT car should probably have < 1 Degree camber for less inner tire wear since its about distance. If they can afford to include direct and port injection, what would it hurt to put some cam style camber bolts in the upper or lower links? Maybe its because the suspension ECU is so finely tuned, they don't feel they can manage the complexity between the ride hight sensors, adaptive absorbers, etc. Anyway, I'll reserve any ranting about this until I see if the Michelin Conventional sidewall tires wear better on the inside. Also, I did change out my brake pads for the Tom's Racing Performer pads. Dirty sintered iron Brake Dust - Done. The rear spoiler will cost you a couple MPG if you let it deploy. It won't deploy in ECO drive mode. But if you can afford one of these, who cares about a couple MPG until you are driving cross country and wanna get > 400 mile range between fill-ups.

Last edited by timrudy; 07-22-19 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-22-19, 07:53 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

^^^^The PS4S is available in the 255/40/21. The stock 245/40/21 has an OD 28.7", the tire you chose has an OD of 28". The 255/40/21 has an OD of 29". Much closer to the stock OD. I have a new set of wheels being built and I will be running 295/35/21 and 255/40/21. An OD of 29" at both ends, vs the stock 28.7" at both ends. I also DO NOT like RFTs

Lou
Old 07-23-19, 12:15 PM
timrudy
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^The PS4S is available in the 255/40/21. The stock 245/40/21 has an OD 28.7", the tire you chose has an OD of 28". The 255/40/21 has an OD of 29". Much closer to the stock OD. I have a new set of wheels being built and I will be running 295/35/21 and 255/40/21. An OD of 29" at both ends, vs the stock 28.7" at both ends. I also DO NOT like RFTs

Lou
I couldn't find them in a 21" size, but thats nice to know. Next time I'll get those. I'd like to get that 1/2" of splitter clearance back. For me, the LC had 3 small things that kept it from being a perfect Luxury GT cruiser. 1) RFTs; 2) Squeaky / grabby / dirty sintered iron pads; 3.) Too much unadjustable camber. First 2 easily fixed. I will wait to see how the dual compound (Inner 60% wet and passenger tread / outer 40% sticky high wear race tread) PS4S reacts to the factory camber in summer 2020 before I address that. So far, the performance, ride, and tire noise levels of those PS4S are simply awesome. Well worth the $1500 USD. It's the perfect, dare I say, ultimate GT now. So glad I didn't opt for the DB-11 and all its English / German high cost parts, service and maintenance issues.

Last edited by timrudy; 07-23-19 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-28-19, 10:56 AM
LC500NV
Rookie

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider

Lou
If I may ask, what wheels are you having built? I am doing the same thing. Still trying to decide on what design.
Old 07-28-19, 11:03 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

^^^^These:

https://vossenwheels.com/wheel/hf-1/

Gloss Black

21X9½ & 21X10½ with Michelin PSS4 255/40/21 & 295/35/21

Lou
Old 07-28-19, 01:00 PM
LC500NV
Rookie

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Very nice! Those are on my short list. I'm also considering these Vossens:

https://vossenwheels.com/wheel/vws-3/

Last edited by LC500NV; 07-28-19 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-28-19, 09:48 PM
Ismelllike
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Does the performance pack make that big of a difference? i guess it's all subjective but my thought is the car is a heavy gt, let it be a heavy gt. I have a macan gts, and many on the forums say how you "must" get torque vectoring, but i didnt since its a nice handling suv, but it's still an suv. i guess i need to find a dealer with both and test drive back to back, but im skeptical that it will make that big of a difference in a 4400 lb luxury coupe that it'll push regardless of 4 wheel steer. anyone without it that regrets not getting it?
Old 07-29-19, 08:48 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Ismelllike
Does the performance pack make that big of a difference? i guess it's all subjective but my thought is the car is a heavy gt, let it be a heavy gt. I have a macan gts, and many on the forums say how you "must" get torque vectoring, but i didnt since its a nice handling suv, but it's still an suv. i guess i need to find a dealer with both and test drive back to back, but im skeptical that it will make that big of a difference in a 4400 lb luxury coupe that it'll push regardless of 4 wheel steer. anyone without it that regrets not getting it?
I drove 3 LC's one with and 2 without, but not on the same day or back to back. With the performance package I thought the ride more nimble and a bit harsher. But as I recall the seat was overly firm IMO. The same quick left turn onto a freeway ramp was better controlled. Then of course there is the added cost.

I was trading in a 2016 Z51 Corvette, and was looking for more quiet, comfort and luxury, not more performance per se. So I finally settled on without.
Old 07-29-19, 09:15 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 312 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by LC500NV
If I may ask, what wheels are you having built? I am doing the same thing. Still trying to decide on what design.
Just my 2 cents - I ended up getting BC Forged wheels. The quality vs value proposition is phenomenal. Their team is also very professional, so they'd be able to help out with proper fitment. I personally had a fantastic experience with them.

You can check them out here: https://www.bcforged-na.com/

Quick Reply: Performance package LC price & maintenance