LC Model (2018-present)

RCF Grandpa Buys New LC 500

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-19, 11:22 AM
robdinero
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dinobantin
that's very pricey , Exiotic vehicle wrap gave me a quote for the entire car for $6000 with and the same products .
I’ve used Exotic Vehicle wraps for my last 3 cars, I’ve heard great things about TLC but I will be with Exotic for life they treat you like family there and no matter what you bring whether a Lamborghini or a VW they give it the same amount of attention!
Old 06-07-19, 07:28 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Received 336 Likes on 155 Posts
Default LC 500 In The Driveway

Took delivery on 5/29/29 and as of today I only have 62 miles on the odometer. Reason for not driving it? Two reasons, 1) I’ve been driving my RCF and 2) it’s been raining the last few days and I don’t drive it or the RCF in the rain. My first driving impressions are the two cars are really different. Like my wife says the RCF is more like a 70’s Z/28 and the LC 500 is more like a 70’s Corvette. It seems like the LC is quicker but I only have driven it a couple of times. I love both cars. Lexus has my seal of approval!
Old 06-07-19, 07:30 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default LC 500 and RCF in Garage, side by side

Originally Posted by RCFGrandpa

Thanks Josh! I purchased it last Saturday(5/18/19) but it is a dealer trade from California. I live in Seattle. Was told I will take delivery this weekend(5/25/19). I promise I will post a photo of it next to my RCF in the garage next week. Until then, dealership photos!
Here’s the photo I promised

Last edited by RCFGrandpa; 07-15-19 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Adding photo
Old 08-10-19, 07:14 PM
Ismelllike
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

How do you compare the two? Loved my test drive of the LC500 but it is a heavy lumbering car. The LC looks so much larger but dimensions wise I was surprised how close they are. The interior of the LC is amazing, but still haven't sat in an RCF.
The following users liked this post:
RCFGrandpa (01-22-20)
Old 08-10-19, 07:18 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Ismelllike
How do you compare the two? Loved my test drive of the LC500 but it is a heavy lumbering car. The LC looks so much larger but dimensions wise I was surprised how close they are. The interior of the LC is amazing, but still haven't sat in an RCF.
The LC is not as tall, but roughly the same length, width and weight as my Toyota Highlander!
Old 08-10-19, 09:12 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

RC F Dimensions Vs LC 500:

Lou
Old 08-11-19, 01:56 PM
carcinoid
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hoonose
Looks a lot like my late build 2018. Why are we so special?
I just got my 2018 and it’s special because I got $14k off the MSRP
Old 08-11-19, 02:00 PM
carcinoid
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dinobantin
that's very pricey , Exiotic vehicle wrap gave me a quote for the entire car for $6000 with and the same products .
I got a full satin white wrap, chrome delete, protection film on all other black surfaces, ceramic window tint and custom black satin powder coating of my exhaust tips for about $7,000. My biggest concern wasn’t cost but quality of work and reputation. Luxe Auto Spa in Salt Lake City was absolutely amazing.
Old 08-11-19, 02:02 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by carcinoid
I just got my 2018 and it’s special because I got $14k off the MSRP
Mine must be really special then! MSRP was about $101K, $103K with dealer added mumbo-jumbo. I paid about $88K OTD.
Problem is though, I got this great car in Sept, but being 200 miles from it most of the last year for my wife's medical care, I've only got 600 or so miles on it!
The following users liked this post:
RCFGrandpa (08-11-19)
Old 12-04-19, 05:11 AM
Lucian95
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Really nice example. I'm an RCF owner and would ask you if you could you share your impressions after driving your new LC and a few differentiating factors against the RCF (daily usability, Navi/menu navigation, drive feel).
Best,
Lucian
Old 12-04-19, 08:30 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lucian95
Really nice example. I'm an RCF owner and would ask you if you could you share your impressions after driving your new LC and a few differentiating factors against the RCF (daily usability, Navi/menu navigation, drive feel).
Best,
Lucian
I can’t give you that yet. I don’t drive either one during the rainy season here. I have only 500 miles on the LC 500 with having it only 6 months. My RCF turns 5 next month with 9,400 miles on it and driving it less than 2,000 miles a year. As of today, the LC sounds better and more of a cruiser, RCF more fun to drive. That could change but I was driving my RCF this summer with a brand new LC in the garage!
Old 01-22-20, 12:16 PM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I can’t give you that yet. I don’t drive either one during the rainy season here. I have only 500 miles on the LC 500 with having it only 6 months. My RCF turns 5 next month with 9,400 miles on it and driving it less than 2,000 miles a year. As of today, the LC sounds better and more of a cruiser, RCF more fun to drive. That could change but I was driving my RCF this summer with a brand new LC in the garage!
Am considering trading in my RCF for a LC. But interesting that you stated that the RCF was more fun to drive. Could you elaborate on that?
Also, the RCF is equipped with a transmission cooler and oil cooler. Does the LC have these? Get's hot down here in Texas, so having these coolers is a real bonus in summer.
Note: Also considering keeping RCF if I get a LC. Do you believe these cars are so different that both are needed dependent on where, or how you are driving?
Old 01-22-20, 01:15 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

^^^^I lived in Victoria for awhile. I'm now in Southern Arizona, it's hotter here The LC has an oil cooler. See below:

I had an ISF before the LC. The ISF was a bit more tossable that the LC due to size and weight. But, with the LC in Sport S+ mode it handles very well IMHO.

Edit: My LC has wider 21" wheels (9.5" front and 10.5" in back) with non-RFT Michelins. 255/40/21 and 295/35/21.

Lou
Old 01-22-20, 08:31 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Keep Your RCF

Originally Posted by bob67
Am considering trading in my RCF for a LC. But interesting that you stated that the RCF was more fun to drive. Could you elaborate on that?
Also, the RCF is equipped with a transmission cooler and oil cooler. Does the LC have these? Get's hot down here in Texas, so having these coolers is a real bonus in summer.
Note: Also considering keeping RCF if I get a LC. Do you believe these cars are so different that both are needed dependent on where, or how you are driving?
yes they are different. Several years ago I had my 2008 ISF and 2006 SC 430. Purchase both new. One was a nice car to cruise in(SC430) and one was a blast(ISF). Replaced both now the LC (cruiser) and RCF(fun driver in town). Keep the RCF because you won’t get anything for it and they are pretty much unbreakable.
Old 01-25-20, 06:07 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

yes they are different. Several years ago I had my 2008 ISF and 2006 SC 430. Purchase both new. One was a nice car to cruise in(SC430) and one was a blast(ISF). Replaced both now the LC (cruiser) and RCF(fun driver in town). Keep the RCF because you won’t get anything for it and they are pretty much unbreakable.
Darn… With all this excellent feedback, it looks like I'm going to have to test drive a LC to get a personal feel on how its like.
Glad to hear the LC has a oil cooler.
Agree that my used RCF is worth more to me than what I would get for a trade-in. Always got tired of keeping my cars well maintained, just to trade them in for a dealership story about why it's worth so little.
Now have to decide if now I'm getting to old for my motorcycle, so that I have enough room for my 2 cars, and my wife's NX.

Quick Reply: RCF Grandpa Buys New LC 500