LC Model (2018-present)

Considering a MY 2019 LC500

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-19, 11:14 AM
ttantioch
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hoonose
I think you can do better. I paid upper $80's OTD, sticker was $103K. This was in Sept before the '19's came out. But it is def a buyers market!
Thanks for your reply. You get a really good price if my calculation is correct. upper 80 OTD, so before rebate is mid 90, assuming 10%tax something, so the final price you make is something around mid 80? That is almost 20k off if the sticker is 103k, that is huge and I did not expect that much. Please correct me if I am wrong. I plan to get a new 2019 in the next one or two months with MSRP around 106K.
Old 04-26-19, 11:40 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by ttantioch
Thanks for your reply. You get a really good price if my calculation is correct. upper 80 OTD, so before rebate is mid 90, assuming 10%tax something, so the final price you make is something around mid 80? That is almost 20k off if the sticker is 103k, that is huge and I did not expect that much. Please correct me if I am wrong. I plan to get a new 2019 in the next one or two months with MSRP around 106K.
Actually I think the actual settled vehicle price was lower. But I am only interested in the OTD price. Including every and all adds. Mine was more complex since I traded in my 2016 Vette. They essentially gave me upper $40's for the Vette + lower $40's in cash = total OTD of about $88/89K..
Old 04-26-19, 01:09 PM
ttantioch
Driver

Actually I think the actual settled vehicle price was lower. But I am only interested in the OTD price. Including every and all adds. Mine was more complex since I traded in my 2016 Vette. They essentially gave me upper $40's for the Vette + lower $40's in cash = total OTD of about $88/89K..
I know, but the price negotiated at the dealer is before tax/incentive since the Lexus incentive does not hurt the profit of dealership. Your number makes more sense now. Total OTD of 89k with trade in and incentive = original OTD is 98k = pretax settled price is 89k, the discount is 14k for a 103k car, like 13 % discount, which fits my expectation for a new car that does not sell well. Thanks a lot for your data, I am more prepared when I come to the dealership. Did you experience a hard bargain for this 13% discount or it looks normal for car sales? Thanks
Old 04-26-19, 02:55 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

I know, but the price negotiated at the dealer is before tax/incentive since the Lexus incentive does not hurt the profit of dealership. Your number makes more sense now. Total OTD of 89k with trade in and incentive = original OTD is 98k = pretax settled price is 89k, the discount is 14k for a 103k car, like 13 % discount, which fits my expectation for a new car that does not sell well. Thanks a lot for your data, I am more prepared when I come to the dealership. Did you experience a hard bargain for this 13% discount or it looks normal for car sales? Thanks
I made many trips to the dealer over a few months since my wife was in the hospital and I had nothing else to do. 2 things eventually made the deal. The $5K dealer rebate. And then I found the exact car I wanted on Edmunds for $89K. Had 500 miles on it. The dealer got me the same car new (actually had a few more adds) for the same OTD price. I would have had to pay at least $500 to have the used car sent to me.
Old 04-26-19, 03:50 PM
ttantioch
Driver

I made many trips to the dealer over a few months since my wife was in the hospital and I had nothing else to do. 2 things eventually made the deal. The $5K dealer rebate. And then I found the exact car I wanted on Edmunds for $89K. Had 500 miles on it. The dealer got me the same car new (actually had a few more adds) for the same OTD price. I would have had to pay at least $500 to have the used car sent to me.
Facing an offer of a used car, the dealer gave you a new car with more adds at the SAME price. That is a great deal and no wonder why you said it is a true buyer's market. Congrats again!
Old 04-26-19, 04:14 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

Facing an offer of a used car, the dealer gave you a new car with more adds at the SAME price. That is a great deal and no wonder why you said it is a true buyer's market. Congrats again!
They are not selling. For me that's a good thing. I like the exclusivity and one reason I bought the car. Not so much worried about resale.
Old 04-28-19, 11:22 AM
052SI
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't the exhaust somewhat adjustable, and louder with sport or sport+ mode?
I was told there is no way to change the sound of the exhaust, good news is no artificially induced/enhanced noise in the cabin, but the exhaust intensity in the cabin under heavy acceleration is truly a bit over the top which becomes unpleasant especially for a Grand Touring automobile. Hoping the vert offers variable exhaust sound.
Old 04-28-19, 11:31 AM
DWR46
Driver School Candidate

052SI: I am not sure you are correct. If you look under the hood at the air intake tract between the air filter and the manifold, you will see a duct with a control flap that routes directly through the firewall and appears to go to the interior. I suspect this "flap" opens under heavy acceleration to make the car "sound" faster. I also seem to recall reading about this duct in some of the factory press releases and early road tests. Perhaps some one more familiar with the mechanics of the car can clarify this.
Old 04-28-19, 11:31 AM
DRGibbons
Advanced

Received 465 Likes on 249 Posts

If its too loud, You're too old!!!

The following 3 users liked this post by DRGibbons:
Craig B (04-28-19), flowrider (04-28-19), The Ikon (05-14-19)
Old 04-28-19, 12:14 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DWR46
052SI: I am not sure you are correct. If you look under the hood at the air intake tract between the air filter and the manifold, you will see a duct with a control flap that routes directly through the firewall and appears to go to the interior. I suspect this "flap" opens under heavy acceleration to make the car "sound" faster. I also seem to recall reading about this duct in some of the factory press releases and early road tests. Perhaps some one more familiar with the mechanics of the car can clarify this.
I wonder if this can be closed off. I like the sound, but would rather it be quiet.

Also am I wrong about the exhaust being louder on sport modes? I know my Vette was this way.
Old 04-28-19, 01:08 PM
DWR46
Driver School Candidate

On my car, the exhaust is definitely louder in Sport mode. I have both my LS and LC set so the "Custom" mode is standard engine and exhaust with the stiffer suspension and steering setup. This combination is great on the highway.
Old 04-28-19, 02:29 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

On my car, the exhaust is definitely louder in Sport mode. I have both my LS and LC set so the "Custom" mode is standard engine and exhaust with the stiffer suspension and steering setup. This combination is great on the highway.
I thought so. My custom is softest and most quiet. I don't see much of a reason for plain sport.
Old 04-28-19, 04:31 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I thought the sound went through the speakers under heavy throttle? Oh well, the car I have now is much louder than the LC and it has
2 modes for exhaust. I leave it in sport mode once I start the car.
Old 04-28-19, 05:09 PM
DWR46
Driver School Candidate

Hoonose: I think you are confusing the COMFORT setting and the CUSTOM setting. You program the CUSTOM setting via the computer screen. With this setting, you can mix and match the various Drive Modes to your own taste.
Old 04-28-19, 05:13 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

Hoonose: I think you are confusing the COMFORT setting and the CUSTOM setting. You program the CUSTOM setting via the computer screen. With this setting, you can mix and match the various Drive Modes to your own taste.
I set up the custom for comfort and quiet and eco.

Quick Reply: Considering a MY 2019 LC500