LC Model (2018-present)

Advice on where to buy brake pads?

Old 04-05-19, 04:19 PM
kjohn422
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Advice on where to buy brake pads?

Hi all, I'm looking for some help/advice on where to buy some good brake pads for my LC. My current situation is that I am keeping my Lexus in the garage until I can get this brake issue addressed.

My Lexus is at 2,500 miles and at this point the brake squealing is so bad, I really don't feel comfortable driving it. I've read through a lot of this forum and have tried to take advice of others before me, but I'm dealing with some frustrations.

Unfortunately, I cannot just go to the dealership and have them replaced because I live 4 hours away and it's a real time constraint with work. I took the advice of another member and tried to purchase the Tom's Racing "Performer" Brake Pads from a company called Apex Integration. Almost $800.00 later, I never received them and they have ceased all communication with me.

All I want to know is what are some reliable dealers for brake pads that won't squeal every time I brake? Also, are there other brake pad brands I could be looking at that can solve the same issue that Tom's Racing Pads does? I went on the Lexus shop page, but am unsure if those are the same pads as what I currently have. Final note: I can have the pads installed where I live, I just need to buy them myself. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Last edited by kjohn422; 04-05-19 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 04-05-19, 05:16 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

I highly recommend these guys:

https://speedfreaksusa.com

Give them a call or contact them here by PM - They are a site sponsor.

Have you tried bedding the brakes in? There are threads on here about the stock pads squealing and the procedures for alleviating the issue:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...ke-issues.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...ifference.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...literally.html

And, BTW, it's not dangerous only irritating.

Lou
Old 04-05-19, 05:52 PM
kjohn422
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the reply, Lou. I had previously made a comment about the company Apex Integration. I want to be fair to them and follow up to say that the representative did contact me a little bit ago. He explained that there was an issue with customs, since the brake pads were coming in from Japan. He apologized for the lack of communication and issued me a full refund until they receive them; at which point I can redo the order.

In the meantime, I will try the brake bedding to see if that helps. Thank you very much for the help!
Old 04-05-19, 07:24 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

It's worth the drive to the dealership, IMO. Call them first and arrange for the TSB replacement. The TSB brake pad replacement takes only a few hours, and there's no cost to you. No more brake squeal and 95% less dust, for 1 day of your time. Get there early and be back home for dinner - problem solved. $800 still in your pocket. Seems worth it to me. And, since they're OEM, you won't have any warranty issues.
Old 04-05-19, 10:51 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^That's fine, if you are willing to live with brakes that are not performance oriented like the stock brakes.. The OP has not stated a preference.

Lou
Old 04-07-19, 10:37 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Hey,

We can set you up with a set of brake pads for your LC500.

What brand were you trying to buy from Apexi? Toms Racing?

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-07-19, 12:40 PM
DWR46
Driver School Candidate

Default Dwr46

I would like to find a set of Ceramic pads for my LC500. Street driving only, no high performance work. I just want to minimize all the brake dust.
Old 04-07-19, 10:03 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

We can do the Toms Racing brake pads!

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 04-10-19, 04:53 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by kjohn422
Thank you for the reply, Lou. I had previously made a comment about the company Apex Integration. I want to be fair to them and follow up to say that the representative did contact me a little bit ago. He explained that there was an issue with customs, since the brake pads were coming in from Japan. He apologized for the lack of communication and issued me a full refund until they receive them; at which point I can redo the order.

In the meantime, I will try the brake bedding to see if that helps. Thank you very much for the help!
Apex-I USA is where I got mine from. Masaki is great to work with over there. I strongly recommend the Tom's Performer Pads. It's worth the money!
Old 04-10-19, 04:56 PM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
We can do the Toms Racing brake pads!

-Josh
Apex-I are the Official distributors for Tom's products in the USA am I missing something here?
Old 04-11-19, 11:17 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
Apex-I are the Official distributors for Tom's products in the USA am I missing something here?
Yes, we are a dealer for Apexi.

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 04-13-19, 12:37 PM
kjohn422
Driver School Candidate

I ended up receiving the Tom's Performer brake pads from Apexi. Jun was the rep I was working with and he was really nice and apologetic about the shipping issue. I received my pads today and will be getting them put on this week. I hope these help a little bit in solving the noise and dust issues!

With that said, the original brakes were amazing, but it was just a personal preference for me to switch. I really don't mind cleaning off the brake dust once a week, but the noise was really bothersome for me. I tried bedding the brakes as suggested and that seemed to have worked for a few days. Then the squealing inevitably came back.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I really love this car!!

Last edited by kjohn422; 04-13-19 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Autocorrected
Old 05-22-20, 01:30 PM
tiger1918
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Brake pads

just had my 2020 LC500 at the dealersdealership changed out the pads front and rear to the factory replacement pads at no charge. Drove the car and very little dust and no squealing. Very happy with them and best of all no charge. I do notice a little difference in braking, but if you are not tracking the car you should have no problems.
Old 05-22-20, 01:50 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

^^^ And I'll just mention - the TSB pads are not cheap Toyota pads. They are engineered and produced through a cooperative effort between Toyota and Brembo, just like the original pads, rotors, and calipers. Built to perform the best they can without compromising the integrity of the rotors, while virtually eliminating all dust and noise. Not only are they free of charge, but they're also covered under your Lexus warranty. I'm very happy with mine as well and I trust Brembo more than other alternatives. Check out Brembo's factory-equipped client list...

https://www.brembo.com/en/car/origin...ipment/clients
Old 05-22-20, 02:46 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by uchujin
^^^ And I'll just mention - the TSB pads are not cheap Toyota pads. They are engineered and produced through a cooperative effort between Toyota and Brembo,
Where did you get this information?

Lou

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice on where to buy brake pads?