LC Model (2018-present)

Help with memory seat function

Old 03-03-19, 07:12 PM
SAVLC500
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation Help with memory seat function

Hey fellow enthusiasts. Recently got my LC 500 Feb 23rd. Love the car. 3rd Lexus product I have owned. However, having an issue with the memory seat settings, Pressing the desired stored driver position memory buttons don’t move the seats, only the steering wheel moves. Anyone know a way to remedy this? I have an appointment at the dealer next Thursday but hoping to avoid that visit. Maybe there’s a way to reset the system or some hidden setting deep in the Nav/info system I’m missing? Never had this problem with my previous two RX’s.
Old 03-04-19, 02:48 AM
larrs
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I had the same problem when I got my LC last week. Does the seat beep if you move it forward or backward? Apparently that's an indication that the seat memory needs to be reset. Here's what worked for me:

Turn on the ignition (press start button twice without foot on brake pedal). Get out of the car.

From outside, move the seat fully forward until it stops. Then move the seat fully to the back until it stops. You may hear repeated beeps during this motion (I did).

Next, tilt the seatback and lay the seat back fully down toward the rear seat. Continue laying it back until it stops. Then tilt the seatback fully upright until it stops.

Now the seat position memory should be reset and you can save your seat position.

Last edited by larrs; 03-04-19 at 03:14 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by larrs:
breplica (07-09-21), Brinylon (07-08-21), JONPRON (03-04-19)
Old 03-04-19, 07:14 AM
SAVLC500
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by larrs
I had the same problem when I got my LC last week. Does the seat beep if you move it forward or backward? Apparently that's an indication that the seat memory needs to be reset. Here's what worked for me:

Turn on the ignition (press start button twice without foot on brake pedal). Get out of the car.

From outside, move the seat fully forward until it stops. Then move the seat fully to the back until it stops. You may hear repeated beeps during this motion (I did).

Next, tilt the seatback and lay the seat back fully down toward the rear seat. Continue laying it back until it stops. Then tilt the seatback fully upright until it stops.

Now the seat position memory should be reset and you can save your seat position.
Yes! The seat did beep when moving, tried your solution and we are all good now. Memory seat function restored. thanks a million!
Old 03-04-19, 07:36 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Ah, the old memory seat indexing trick!

I sure wish this car had the auto exit feature like my other cars. One small disappointment with the LC.

I programed the 3rd seat position choice to all the way back. So before I exit I hit #3. Hard to see with the LC's dim lighting.
Old 03-04-19, 07:47 AM
larrs
Driver

Originally Posted by hoonose
Ah, the old memory seat indexing trick!

I sure wish this car had the auto exit feature like my other cars. One small disappointment with the LC.

I programed the 3rd seat position choice to all the way back. So before I exit I hit #3. Hard to see with the LC's dim lighting.
I did the same, but seems you have to hit the button before turning off the ignition.
Old 03-04-19, 07:49 AM
larrs
Driver

Originally Posted by SAVLC500

Yes! The seat did beep when moving, tried your solution and we are all good now. Memory seat function restored. thanks a million!
Glad it worked for you!
Old 03-04-19, 08:19 AM
SAVLC500
Driver School Candidate

I did the same, but seems you have to hit the button before turning off the ignition.
Yeah I’ve done the same now, also keyed my personal remote to the 3rd position so I can get in easier too. A little frustrating how Lexus fractures certain features across their products. My 2013 RX had the all windows down feature if you held down the unlock button on the key fob, then my 2016 RX (new gen) was missing this feature, now my 2018 LC the manual states the feature is available but must be programmed by the dealer.
Old 03-05-19, 09:46 AM
SuperGT
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by SAVLC500

Yeah I’ve done the same now, also keyed my personal remote to the 3rd position so I can get in easier too. A little frustrating how Lexus fractures certain features across their products. My 2013 RX had the all windows down feature if you held down the unlock button on the key fob, then my 2016 RX (new gen) was missing this feature, now my 2018 LC the manual states the feature is available but must be programmed by the dealer.
Yep, had mine programmed (all windows down and one beep reverse) for free by the dealer. Lexus offers this service for all programmable features as long as they're done before delivery. One needs to do his research ahead of time and simply supply the list to the dealer before PDI.
Old 03-08-19, 10:53 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

Yes and no... If you forget to hit the button before you turn off the ignition, you can just open the door a bit, then hit the button. At least this works for me.
The following users liked this post:
larrs (03-08-19)
Old 03-08-19, 01:04 PM
larrs
Driver

Originally Posted by uchujin
Yes and no... If you forget to hit the button before you turn off the ignition, you can just open the door a bit, then hit the button. At least this works for me.
didn't know that, thanks
Old 07-08-21, 09:07 AM
Brinylon
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks for this. Took out my battery earlier today and got everything else reset, but no joy with the seat. Used your technique and hey presto all working again with one caveat, I also needed to raise the seat up to finalise the reset, and all good now.
Many thanks to you.
Old 08-28-21, 07:29 PM
DFW-SC430
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Drivers seat no longer reclines all the way

Hello - Just picked up a new LC500 convertible and the memory seats wouldn't remember the seat position - just mirrors and wheel. Saw a post to reset the seat by putting car in accessory mode and moving seat fully forward, fully back then moving back fully forward and fully back. That worked in that the memory settings now remember the seat position but now the seat will not recline. Tried the "reset" procedure again but that doesn't seem to work anymore. The passenger side seat works fine of course. How do I fix this? Had the car for 6 hours...
Old 08-28-21, 07:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

When you say it won't recline you mean the seat back angle cannot be changed with the upright button/lever on the side of the seat?

this is the only pic i could find quickly online:

Old 08-28-21, 07:56 PM
DFW-SC430
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I just purchased a LC500 convertible today and had the same issue. I did the reset procedure but now my driver's set will not fully recline. The memory button moves the seat now but now the seat has thinks it can't recline. The reset procedure no longer works. Now what? Take back to dealer after 6 hours of ownership?
Old 08-28-21, 11:36 PM
Brinylon
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by DFW-SC430
Hello - Just picked up a new LC500 convertible and the memory seats wouldn't remember the seat position - just mirrors and wheel. Saw a post to reset the seat by putting car in accessory mode and moving seat fully forward, fully back then moving back fully forward and fully back. That worked in that the memory settings now remember the seat position but now the seat will not recline. Tried the "reset" procedure again but that doesn't seem to work anymore. The passenger side seat works fine of course. How do I fix this? Had the car for 6 hours...
I too have had that problem and I also found the guide which for me was missing one vital piece of guidance. As well as moving the seat in all directions, you also need to raise it up and down. It was only after that additional procedure did my seat then start to do what it should and connect with the memory positions the way it is supposed to.
I guess you might also like to tilt the seat back and forth as part of the reset procedure as I'm sure it can't do any harm, but hopefully the raise lower addition to the reset procedure will resolve the problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with memory seat function