LC Model (2018-present)

Need some help with heated seats and steering wheel.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-18, 01:03 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Need some help with heated seats and steering wheel.

Is there an easy way to leave the above on at shutdown, and then be able to turn them off after a few minutes of driving? Or is the concierge screen and touch pad the only way?

Maybe voice commands?

What's the difference with 'concierge screen on' and 'show concierge screen'?

Thanks.

Last edited by hoonose; 12-27-18 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-27-18, 02:27 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 146 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by hoonose
Is there an easy way to leave the above on at shutdown, and then be able to turn them off after a few minutes of driving? Or is the concierge screen and touch pad the only way?

Maybe voice commands?

What's the difference with 'concierge screen on' and 'show concierge screen'?

Thanks.
You can pretty-much control everything individually, but it's a pain in the butt to remember how to navigate through all the climate screens (I never have much luck with voice-command). I've found the best solution is to just have everything controlled through the concierge. Figure out how to do that once, then just use the temp Up and Down controls to adjust the temperature to your liking. For me, the concierge works really well - it's well thought-out, IMO. I let it control the seats, steering wheel, and cabin temp - everything. So rather than trying to mess with things individually, I've found it to be easiest to just let the concierge do its thing, and just adjust the temp settings only. Trying to figure out how to turn different things on and off is more awkward and more time-consuming, and is especially difficult while driving. My 2 cents. YMMV.

Last edited by uchujin; 12-27-18 at 05:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DRGibbons (12-27-18)
Old 12-27-18, 05:59 PM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by uchujin
You can pretty-much control everything individually, but it's a pain in the butt to remember how to navigate through all the climate screens (I never have much luck with voice-command). I've found the best solution is to just have everything controlled through the concierge. Figure out how to do that once, then just use the temp Up and Down controls to adjust the temperature to your liking. For me, the concierge works really well - it's well thought-out, IMO. I let it control the seats, steering wheel, and cabin temp - everything. So rather than trying to mess with things individually, I've found it to be easiest to just let the concierge do its thing, and just adjust the temp settings only. Trying to figure out how to turn different things on and off is more awkward and more time-consuming, and is especially difficult while driving. My 2 cents. YMMV.
Thanks for the help.

I guess you're telling me the steering wheel and seats will warm or cool along with the set cabin temp? Also sounds like I need to dive into some of the menus as my wife likes a warmer seat.

Old 12-27-18, 06:15 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 146 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by hoonose
Thanks for the help.

I guess you're telling me the steering wheel and seats will warm or cool along with the set cabin temp? Also sounds like I need to dive into some of the menus as my wife likes a warmer seat.
Yes! That's exactly the beauty of the concierge. It's best (IMO) to link it to everything (steering wheel and seats too), and just use the temp buttons in real time. It works surprisingly well. And yes, the driver and passenger sides can be individually controlled with this method active. Give it a shot. I think you'll like it - once you get it all working correctly (which can require some time with the manual in your hands!).