Front camera - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
LC Model (2018)

Front camera

Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM
uchujin
Pole Position

Glad you solved the mystery. As I mentioned before, the sill plates are mostly matte intentionally - to help hide scuff marks. A glossy finish would show scuffs/scratches way too easily. Here in New England, vinyl wrap would never survive the battle against heavy boot scrapes, etc. Maybe light-weight Florida flip flops are more forgiving! I get visible scuff marks on mine all the time, but they polish out of the matte surface fairly easily.
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
guanche2k9
Driver

Originally Posted by uchujin View Post
Glad you solved the mystery. As I mentioned before, the sill plates are mostly matte intentionally - to help hide scuff marks. A glossy finish would show scuffs/scratches way too easily. Here in New England, vinyl wrap would never survive the battle against heavy boot scrapes, etc. Maybe light-weight Florida flip flops are more forgiving! I get visible scuff marks on mine all the time, but they polish out of the matte surface fairly easily.
Oh man, I have 3 scuff marks on my matte portion of the CF sill. How do u get those out PLEASE!?
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM
uchujin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by guanche2k9 View Post
Oh man, I have 3 scuff marks on my matte portion of the CF sill. How do u get those out PLEASE!?
I use Novus polishes to remove scratches from plastics and acrylics, and their products seem to work well on my sill plates. I'm assuming these have an epoxy or polyester coating on them. I've only used the "level 1 - clean & shine" for fear of removing any of the surface coating - which might happen if I used any of the heavier scratch removers. Heavier scratches might require the "level 2 - fine scratch remover". Go easy and test on a small area first.

https://www.novuspolish.com/index.html

Last edited by uchujin; Yesterday at 06:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to uchujin For This Useful Post:
guanche2k9 (Yesterday)

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: